• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capture the WORST screenshots of otherwise gorgeous games!

Ryaaan14

Banned
Lightning Returns has some gorgeous areas, but...

ibeNIa9UwTYU8R.jpeg

Woof...

SirNinja

Lightning Returns has some gorgeous areas, but...

ibeNIa9UwTYU8R.jpeg

Yeah, they really screwed the pooch with that one.
Not sorry.

The worst thing is, that's not some carefully-created shot where someone tried to get the camera as close to the dog as possible. That screen is from a cutscene where they deliberately zoom in on the dog [!] and all his two-dozen-polygon majesty. Just cringeworthy. I expect a screenshot or two of the Dead Dunes's abysmal rock textures to be in this topic shortly, so I guess I'll be the one to do the honors:

lmao

Come on, I need some context for those Uncharted screens. I mean.. that Elena *needs* an explanation.

Often times game elements will be modeled at various levels of detail, with the models swapping depending on the character or prop's distance from the camera. These are closeups of character models intended for extreme long shots.

Amir0x

Banned
But my shots weren't 720p or 1080 D:

640x480 lyfe.
Also 800x600 lyfe.

But just to contribute, here's my tag lol.

VBmjhVD.jpg

Yeah but that shot doesn't seem to fit the criteria. You can make any game look ugly if you lower the resolution and put the game on medium or lower settings. But boy did you make Dead Space look fugly lol

holy shit boinx. holy shit

Sajjaja

Yeah but that shot doesn't seem to fit the criteria. You can make any game look ugly if you lower the resolution and put the game on medium or lower settings. But boy did you make Dead Space look fugly lol

Hey man, that was as high as I could run it :(

Bioshock Infinite is full of this stuff, and some of it isn't hidden or tucked away at all.
I don't understand why they added 3D objects to the flower bed and fruit basket at all. All they do is attract attention; if they'd just left them as 2D textures you probably wouldn't even give them a second glance.

Ocaso

Fun idea, but I'd add the rule that we not simply point the camera at a texture and take a shot. Many games' textures look bland up close and it's the easy way out. The dog and Uncharted shots though, priceless.

Top Bottom