• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Car bomb kills at least 80 people overnight in Kabul, Afghanistan, 300+ injured

MastAndo

Ramadan seems to mark a surge in terrorist attacks last few years, is there any scripture on martyrdom being encouraged at this particular lunar month?

Terrorist groups believe that the holy rewards for their "noble" acts are greater during Ramadan.

Derwind

BBC statement
DBJL2_8XYAAnrr7.jpg

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsPR/status/869841089087369216

#Kabul blast site
DBKsdr4UQAAwnhy.jpg

https://twitter.com/KhalilNoori/status/869947441268703232

...what I want to say will probably get me banned on this thread.

When attacks similar to the ones that happened to Manchester that killed 22 people, the right starts pointing fingers to foreigners and how evil they are especially if they are part of that religion. But if you look at the bigger picture, most of the causalities and suffering caused by these incredibly evil people are done to other Muslims. Islamic extremism has impacted more Muslims than all western nations combined. Significantly more so that it seems hypocritical how little this is reported by western medias. I know it makes sense that attacks in western countries would be reported more because of their relevancy, but fails to paint the whole picture. Islamic terrorism is not only about religion. It's a lot more complicated than that.

- J - D -

The French and German embassies were closest to the blast, it makes me wonder if they were factored into the larger target zone along with trying to hit as many people overall.

It's so fucked up.

Tovarisc

The French and German embassies were closest to the blast, it makes me wonder if they were factored into the larger target zone along with trying to hit as many people overall.

It's so fucked up.

What reporting I have heard truck was stopped by police / military checkpoint and then it detonated. They most likely just got as far into that diplomatic area as possible and detonated when felt like they were going to get caught.

- J - D -

What reporting I have heard truck was stopped by police / military checkpoint and then it detonated. They most likely just got as far into that diplomatic area as possible and detonated when felt like they were going to get caught.

Makes sense, but what's odd to me is how they got that far into the area before being stopped at a security checkpoint. The article raises the same questions but doesn't mention how many checkpoints or stops there are in the surrounding areas.

Tovarisc

Makes sense, but what's odd to me is how they got that far into the area before being stopped at a security checkpoint. The article raises the same questions but doesn't mention how many checkpoints or stops there are in the surrounding areas.

It's under investigation how truck was able to get that far into most secure part of city in first place. It apparently passed several checkpoints before that point.

It's under investigation how truck was able to get that far into most secure part of city in first place. It apparently passed several checkpoints before that point.

That's either a series of guards severely slacking or terrorist-sympathizers/actual terrorists acting as guards. I don't know what other explanation there could be.

I am going to follow this story closely because I also don't understand how the truck got that far. It was clearly targeting diplomats. It wasn't Taliban and ISIS hasn't claimed it yet, so who?

TBiddy

Are you being ironic?

Provide aid to injured....or take photo of suffering? Its a complex decision to make Im sure.

You couldn't possibly make that conclusion based on a single image. And no, I'm not being ironic. Documenting what happens is really important.

TheContact

I am going to follow this story closely because I also don't understand how the truck got that far. It was clearly targeting diplomats. It wasn't Taliban and ISIS hasn't claimed it yet, so who?

Most likely ISIS but I think they even knew it was fucked up

Skyzard

Banned

Someone who has an issue with the government. Possibly ISIS (which in Afghanistan are pretty much ex-Taliban apparently). With enough sway to know security guards at checkpoints.

It's fucking insane how low people can sink for the thought of power.

That's a tonne of families suffering.

Top Bottom