• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania PoR Igarashi interview (incl. co-op, online & Wii)

Unh. I've gotten used to the fact that if I talk video games, 90% of the time they won't have a clue what I'm talking about.

TreIII

Pureauthor said:
Sacrilege! :D

I personally think that the biggest problem with 3D Castlevanias is that they were designed too much like 2D Castlevanias.

Eh? I guess that's where you and I differ. My personal thoughts about the "cons" of 3D CVs was that they tried to be too much "like 2D CVs, plus more!"...and usually fell on their faces in the attempt.

I mean, sure, 3D CVs usually did a nice enough job trying to bring over a number of the things that people liked about the 2D games over the last couple of years...but I guess between sometimes thinking that they could also minor in being "DMC-rip offs" (pertaining more for the PS2 games than the N64 one) and not giving us enough of the classic CV flavor is where they failed. Not to mention that things like "bad camera angles" don't necessarily help in the least for the 3D CVs cause.

I'm possibly open to the idea of another 3D CV, but after three "strikes", I'm a bit wary. And I would definitely suggest this, among other things...for crying out LOUD, if you're going to borrow some stylistic things from the likes of DMC, do it in a much more distinctive manner, like say, how Shinobi had its own unique take on the genre, or something...

castle007

Banned
I already posted this in another thread a while ago. But it has been rumored that the game will have 5 different castles.

The daughter's castles. Brauner's castle, belmont castle to get the full vampire killer, and Dracula's phantom castle

This was on the dungeon website

Also, IGA mentioned that the game will be much much bigger than DOS.

GDGF

Soothsayer
ivysaur12 said:
Wait, I feel like something was said before about Castlevania not fitting the Wii demographic. Am I just making things up or was that said?

Well, at one point (before he got the thing in his hands for an extended period) he said that he didn't want to make a Castlevania game for the NDS either. Seems like once the tools are in his hands, he changes his tune :)

Aurora

castle007 said:
I already posted this in another thread a while ago. But it has been rumored that the game will have 5 different castles.

The daughter's castles. Brauner's castle, belmont castle to get the full vampire killer, and Dracula's phantom castle

This was on the dungeon website

Also, IGA mentioned that the game will be much much bigger than DOS.
Holy shit if true. Regardless, this will be the greatest Castlevania and DS GOTY!

Top Bottom