• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cave Story coming to Switch [June, $30, new local MP mode, new bonus stages]

dadjumper

I had no interest in this version 'cause I've played the game on three other platforms, but I just now saw in the title that this game has multiplayer???? is this like co-op or some separate thing? I'd quadruple dip if I could play through the game with my gf

I had no interest in this version 'cause I've played the game on three other platforms, but I just now saw in the title that this game has multiplayer???? is this like co-op or some separate thing? I'd quadruple dip if I could play through the game with my gf

Free update within the game that should be live within the next two weeks or less.

Berordn

That co-op gif is not what I was expecting. This is going to be co-op campaign, not just some extra mode right? :|

That gif is just showing two players in Wind Fortress. Could just be drop-in multiplayer at any point, I don't think they've actually confirmed how it's activated.

Kyuur

Expect it to be a shitty bonus mode until it launches and is confirmed more then that. The gif looks like a variant on sky fortress.

That gif is just showing two players in Wind Fortress. Could just be drop-in multiplayer at any point, I don't think they've actually confirmed how it's activated.

I really hope it isn't just in bonus modes (which I have not touched in any release of Cave Story). Really gonna regret double dipping if I can't play through the game proper with my wife.

A nicalis release/patch being silently delayed without warning?

*pretends to be shocked*

One of the tweet replies said Nintendo releases patch updates at 1am the following day that they were scheduled. No idea what timezone that's supposed to be for, or whether it's true. Save rioting for tomorrow morning, just in case.

Seik

Banned
Sooooo

Is it out yet?

I bought the game to a friend for his birthday yesterday. We weren't able to coop but I guided him to sand zone and we had a blast still.

Can confirm two player mode is active and available for all modes including story, curly, and challenges. You can pick how second player looks to help distinguish him or her. In Curly mode player 2 can be Samus.

Anyone know if they've started printing copies of the game without the instruction booklet/CD thing yet? Or if they'll ever? I didn't know if it was a launch only type situation.

I've got the chance to buy one 2nd hand with all that stuff but its a pretty similar price to what I could just get it for new online. Wondered if I should just get the new one.

Never played the game even though it's been on my Steam acc for 6 years. How's the Switch version? 60 FPS/720p in handheld mode? And how is the game in general?

Anyone know if they've started printing copies of the game without the instruction booklet/CD thing yet? Or if they'll ever? I didn't know if it was a launch only type situation.

I've got the chance to buy one 2nd hand with all that stuff but its a pretty similar price to what I could just get it for new online. Wondered if I should just get the new one.
Can't speak for Cave Story, but I slept on Isaac and my copy was just the game.

Top Bottom