• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBOAT's latest update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motwera

Banned
900p
and RROD 2.0
confirmed.
Done deal, I am going for PS4 and staying with PC/tablets/mobile, thanks Microsoft, I am still gonna have my 360 but then, its just mostly for games I don't have on other platforms or say, want to play on TV.

#TeamCBOAT and #TeamSony

Tabris

Sorry if I missed it, can someone explain to me why he "encodes" his statements? I mean it's not like he's hiding from anyone anymore with it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
One day we will look back and see whether inferior and potentially unstable hardware was worth avoiding the late release in terms of sales and how multiplats hold up.

nb4 hurr we can already see if it was worth it

tokkun

Is he talking about the hardware having performance problems or reliability problems? I don't get the connection from

sub-1080p to hardware issues to 'risk'

I am shocked at this surprise. I truly am.

BTW I hope you aren't fans of 1080p on XOne. When the hardware is out on the wild you will see what I meant about issues. Upclocks too. Risk everywhere. This place is nuts. 2014 was a better plan.

I never mentioned Forza not being 1080p.

They should be able to make it. But, exception and not the rule though. Through this gen, never mind trying to match eyecandy. Thanks to the ESRAM, 720p-900p will be the norm on the XOne.

You watch.

You just watch.

Harlock

Launch games are like annual goals in companies. The employees dont wanna go to high because next time the goals are even more difficult. Same thing with games graphics. If you put too much now, become much more harder do upgrades in the next games.

L Thammy

Common, most of his talking is bullshit, remember E3...

Was that when CBOAT made the Xbox subreddit throw a hissy fit?

Sorry if I missed it, can someone explain to me why he "encodes" his statements? I mean it's not like he's hiding from anyone anymore with it.

Not too familiar, but I think it's so that news sites don't pick it up. Imagine if Kotaku quoted him.

catmincer

If you type normally, it is quite possible you have a word you misspell. Therefore if someone were to check it may be possible to figure out who you are from that word. Doing it like this means it's harder to figure it out.

Or, it's just for fun. ;)

Have you seen that EDGE thread where people are constantly grasping to straws? At least the weekly Leadbetter piece has stopped since it's clear now where the Xbone sits compared to the superior PS4.

Yeah , you know what is equally cringeworthy? The gloating, as if it's a real personal victory. I'll never understand that.

Yagharek

Is he talking about the hardware having performance problems or reliability problems? I don't get the connection from

If MS is rushing to release in this year instead of 2014, it might be worth holding off on purchases if they rushed it through QA like 360.

I dont trust MS quality control when working on a reduced schedule at all.

Goon Boon

Banned
Neat, this may really be my first 1 launch console gen.

Really hope devs don't just use PS4's superior power to simply spend almost no money on optimizing shit.

Snakeyes

"Bu-buh severely underpowered!" You'd think people who are this concerned about power would own a gaming PC, as most of the big-name games won't be console-exclusive anyway.

Brofield

#TeamCBOAT

I have always been a believer, and I will listen to when our Lord speaks.

I've given up trying to sway my friends into getting a PS4; all of them are deadset on the Xbone. I honestly just can't justify the purchase of one when a PS4 is $100 cheaper and has many more exclusive games that I want over Xbone.

Hearing this only reaffirms my belief. MS done royally screwed up. The 360 arguably won the last gen console war, and their mistaking delaying for perfection is 'resting on their laurels' is only gonna make them realize they are wearing assless chaps while sitting on top of great-grandpa's handcrafted wooden chair that's rife with splinters and rusty nails.

Both.

First post is saying that there might be hardware issues and that MS took a big risk with the upclock.

2nd post is saying that most Xbone titles throughout the gen will run at 720 - 900p thanks to eSram.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Xbone was originally scheduled to be released in 2014...?

Planned. Tentative. I'd assume that's why they're so "chicken with their head cut off" in this run up to "launch." They figured they had another year or two before Sony launched the PS4 because really... the Wii U isn't a threat at all.

Unfortunately for them, they gambled wrong and should've started early in that case.

Garrett 2U said:
I don't think he's taking about hardware risk.. I think he's talking about risk in aiming for 1080p, even with upclocks.

It's that and the "risk" of launching early like I said above.

netBuff

"Bu-buh severely underpowered!" You'd think people who are this concerned about power would own a gaming PC, as most of the big-name games won't be console-exclusive anyway.

The great thing is: These two consoles are launching almost at the same time, people concerned about the lack of processing power with the Xbone (and general lack of games as well, especially with Sony's superior indie and F2P support) can just opt for the cheaper and better PS4.

UNCMark

Banned
Thank god Sony appears to have a handle on it this time around. It would be incredibly depressing if they both were screwing up royally so close to Nintendo's own launch screwup. Not saying they're saving gaming, but they're adding a touch of much needed confidence.

I-hate-u

How? How did MS get scooped my Sony so easily when they had a longer time to work on Xbox One than Sony with PS4 (numerous PS3/PSP iterations and the freaking Vita between 2005-2013)?

It truly baffles me that a company would screw up this much.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yeah , you know what is equally cringeworthy? The gloating, as if it's a real personal victory. I'll never understand that.

I'm glad you caught that. It's almost as "cringeworthy" to see those who grasp and regurgitate the same arguments which have had some banned and others outright ridiculed. The same types of post that try to downplay the advantage PS4 has. It's not looking for some moral victory to try to explain why the PS4 is more powerful. If it's not music to your ears then that's not my problem.

I may not respond a lot in those threads but I certainly catch it all.

If you're going to be a bystander and notice what I say then surely you can see the other side of the spectrum.

Gattsu25

Banned
The butt was pried open and spoke with a mighty voice. And as the butt spoke, shit spewed forth and the people did rejoice

Piggus

#TeamCBOAT

I have always been a believer, and I will listen to when our Lord speaks.

I've given up trying to sway my friends into getting a PS4; all of them are deadset on the Xbone. I honestly just can't justify the purchase of one when a PS4 is $100 cheaper and has many more exclusive games that I want over Xbone.

Hearing this only reaffirms my belief. MS done royally screwed up. The 360 arguably won the last gen console war, and their mistaking delaying for perfection is 'resting on their laurels' is only gonna make them realize they are wearing assless chaps while sitting on top of great-grandpa's handcrafted wooden chair that's rife with splinters and rusty nails.

What's their reasoning? Most of my friends were Xbox fans but are switching to PS4...

I personally do not care about resolution

Xbox fans who are still defending Microsoft's lazy design choices stopped caring about anything graphics-related as soon as nobody could prove MS had a more powerful system.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wasn't most of the E3 stuff right except for mistaking Prince of Persia for Halo 5. It was Gamescom that was a complete clusterfuck.

He was right on prince of persia, thing is they didnt debut it at E3 which most likely was a last minute change of plans

artist

Banned
  • Development started later (compared to PS4)
  • Reveal event pushed back
  • Driver/OS not up to par
  • THIS looks just like a bunch of HTPC components thrown together
  • Launch list of countries reduced
  • 3rd party title footage severely limited
  • Unclear policies, messaging
It's all starting to add up.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Oooooh dis gon be guuuuud.....

Card Boy

Banned
Sounds like there'll be problems a-la Xbox 360 with reliability and it was rushed out to be in 2013 rather than 2014 when planned.

wow lol. RROD part 2 possible?

• Development started later (compared to PS4)
  • Reveal event pushed back
  • Driver/OS not up to par
  • THIS looks just like a bunch of HTPC components thrown together
  • Launch list of countries reduced
  • 3rd party title footage severely limited
  • Unclear policies, messaging
It's all starting to add up.

Yep. MS are shady as fuck and its not limited just to gaming.

Milennia

How? How did MS get scooped my Sony so easily when they had a longer time to work on Xbox One than Sony with PS4 (numerous PS3/PSP iterations and the freaking Vita between 2005-2013)?

It truly baffles me that a company would screw up this much.

Sony had the console business experience they needed is my guess... They learned damn well from the ps3 launch to today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom