• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR dev warns players new Cyberpunk 2077 patch (and expansion) might make your PC overheat, urges for you to check before playing!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just ran cinebench on my 13900KS with corsair 360mm rad....100 degrees C on the package in like 1 minute!

Im screwed! Got a great score tho!
That's the thing about those high-end intels is that they force a lot of power for the higher clocks at the expense of a lot of heat. We are getting quite the amount of diminished returns now which is why Intel is losing a lot of market share to amd.

If we're going by performance and measuring what frequency it takes to hit that then I have another 15° of headroom to push my AMD cpu. But I'm pushing it hard already and stress testing it without it going above 84 and that's on the hotspot.

This is an overhaul of the game.
Overdrive itself came with new system requirements.
CDPR are just warning you that they will completely load your CPU.....if your CPU cant handle being fully loaded, you might want to consider getting a better cooler.

The fact a game can be future looking especially from CDPR isnt even new......anyone remember ubersampling, at launch literally no GPU in existence could handle that shit at 1080p max settings......but down the line we eventually got GPUs that could handle ubersampling, granted better techniques showed up, but still.
CDPR basically loading up you CPU means next year and the year after your new CPU wont just be chilling, they will be pushed and you can still stress out that new CPU using a game thats already out.
There is no reason to respec a game less than 3 years after release. It's unprecedented. There will be plenty of mod related content to push systems, and doing it that way gives consumers a more of a choice.

ahtlas7

Fire Elmo GIF

Just playing CP

Roni

Gold Member
Just ran cinebench on my 13900KS with corsair 360mm rad....100 degrees C on the package in like 1 minute!

Im screwed! Got a great score tho!
Same happened to me, when I opened my case I found out my water cooler was completely clogged. After cleaning it and reapplying new thermal paste, I managed to run the test peaking at 94°C over 10 minutes. Worth checking it out if you haven't cleaned the case and changed the paste in a while.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
There is no reason to respec a game less than 3 years after release. It's unprecedented. There will be plenty of mod related content to push systems, and doing it that way gives consumers a more of a choice.

3 years is the dev cycle for some full games?

CDPR have been working on this game constantly since release this might as well be CyberPunk 2077 part 2.
They have added OverDrive, the new patch increases the graphical fidelity in general, theyve altered a ton of game mechanics and have reprofiled the game to near fully load a CPU, of course the game needs to be respec'd

What the hell are you talking about?

EDIT: Just realized they are literally calling this Cyperpunk 2077 2.0

Last edited:

dave_d

I figure I'm probably good. I've been running world community grid on my 5800x3d for weeks and it's stable.(Admittedly temps hit 88C max. Average is in the 70s.)

Roni

Gold Member

New tweet from the same dev, someone in his department probably had their ear chewed out by some corpo manager who couldn't code a line of software to save his life.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
How big is your radiators? 10 fans sounds a bit much would you not end up getting negative air pressure within the case?
Oh, I meant total. 6 lian li sl120s and 1 SL140, 3 fans on my Heatsink, the Noctua Chromax Black. I don't use hybrid coolers or anything liquid. Just pure air.
Edited*

Last edited:
Top Bottom