• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR sold over 6 million copies of The Witcher 3 in 6 weeks [$82 million budget]

Philippo

Good. Now fix Skellige's Most Wanted. Ridiculous that it hasn't been patched up yet.

Yeah i had the same happening to me last night.
And i already have another bugged quest.

I'm fine with floating objects, unloaded textures and whatnot, they can even be funny sometimes, but fix your goddamn quests.

I must say the turn that quest took did surprise me

Teletraan1

Banned
Would have prefered a bit more budget so they wouldn't have to put out 8 patches in the first few months on the market. I get that it is an ambitious game that is huge but the early technical problems with quests and the ongoing issues on PS4 hampered a lot of people's experience with the game. (Even if it didn't hamper yours!) I got to a bugged quest that I couldn't progress the main story shortly after launch. It put me right off the game and onto other games I had to finish up. I started playing again from the start after the last patch (On PC) and this is how the game should have launched as it is a pretty terrific game and if it did I would be less leary about buying at launch for their next project. This says nothing of the way the PS4 version still performs. The XB1 version was running pretty decently with lesser hardware (until they broke it, then fixed it) so it isn't a low end hardware issue imo. Had the game released now or a few weeks ago and had even more time in the oven that it obviously needed (8 patches say hi, the PS4 version also sends its regards), it would have done just as well sales wise and released as a more polished project. Release around Batman or MGS5, pick your poison. The free DLC would have looked like actual goodwill rather than just "we slightly screwed up here is some free stuff" I will probably get blasted by the diehards of this game who had no problems but this is just like my opinion man.

Bedlam

Yeah i had the same happening to me last night.
And i already have another bugged quest.

I'm fine with floating objects, unloaded textures and whatnot, they can even be funny sometimes, but fix your goddamn quests.

I must say the turn that quest took did surprise me
Agreed, so annoying.

I finished the game a couple of days ago with 3 quests left that I cannot complete:

- Skellige's Most Wanted (how can it be that even a DLC quest is bugged?)
- The Dead Have No Defense (I obtained the key and opened the chest before stumbling across the quest, now the chest is closed again, key is gone and the quests sits in my quest log since forever)
- The Soldier Statuette (Triss does nothing after arriving in the hideout)

Fix this shit, CDP! Some of these quests have been bugged for months.

In the end all the technical difficulties (game crashes, all kinds of bugs and glitches etc.) and the bugged quests caused so much frustration during my playthrough of the game, that the game is no longer a GotY contender for me. That's not even considering its other weaknesses (pacing problems, combat etc.).

Top Bottom