• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celebrating 25 Years Of Final Fantasy - Fan Project

I like it.

Except referencing the Squall Is Dead "theory".... its an unfounded piece of hogwash that could have been made up for nearly every piece of fiction ever.

"Hey guys what if Cloud died when he fell down to the Church in FFVII. Everything after was weird and stuff. Aerith is an angel huh huh." See?

Yeah, the Squall Is Dead theory is referenced but the actual fact that FFX and FFVII are in the same world gets no mention.

Not complaining though. Amazing work!

Finally found this thread!

Only did two articles, but it was a pleasure to work on. Glad to be part of such a great labor of love. Wish we could have made an actual magazine out of it.

Congrats to Aeana, APZonerunner, (?)Jochan, Kagari, and any other GAFfers who contributed to this.

Edit: LOL at the special thanks section. For some reason, seeing "Duckroll" written between a whole bunch of, you know, actual human names makes it super hilarious.

lol, you may be confusing him with me since Dudebro II is in the credits. Unless he really was part of it and didn't tell me, that jerk :D

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Finally found this thread!

Only did two articles, but it was a pleasure to work on. Glad to be part of such a great labor of love. Wish we could have made an actual magazine out of it.

lol, you may be confusing him with me since Dudebro II is in the credits. Unless he really was part of it and didn't tell me, that jerk :D

You didn't have your GAF handle and I couldn't remember who else was working on Dudebro! D'oh! Congrats to you too!

Shinta

Banned
It's funny how civil people become when they take the time to put things down in print/magazine format.

XIII "most certainly isn't a bad starting point for a new era [and is] an interesting, unique and exciting step in the series' history." "It's still a great game" due to the "beautiful graphics, fast-paced battle system, and fantastic music [that] make it more than worthwhile and worthy of the Final Fantasy name." That's a rather interesting take. It's not even labeled as "opinion."

XIV is flawed, but don't judge Tanaka too harshly as he's still a luminary of game design, and a "Massively Multiplayer Maestro." Toriyama was not only instrumental in FFX, but important parts of FFVII, as well as directing another 4 FF games, and writing what are apparently fantastic, human characters; Caius and Noel. The datalog in FFXIII isn't even a bad thing, it's actually a logical extension of FFXII's primer, and a necessary addition to the game since the mythology started getting significantly more complicated post FFIX (at worst, it's potentially "esoteric"). Even Crystal Bearers and Spirits Within are somewhat flawed, but ultimately underrated gems.

Contrary to popular belief, not every skilled/competent employee left SQEX before the merger or fled with Sakaguchi. According to this magazine, some genuinely talented people still actually work there ... in reality. I'm sure some people on this board will find that very educational. SQEX and the FF franchise apparently shouldn't die in a fire made of Toriyama's belongings; no, we all want the Final Fantasy franchise "to last forever."

Interesting. Did I step into a dimensional portal or something and wind up in an alternate reality? Because I've been treated like a leper and an outcast on these boards for saying most of this for months.

I doubt anyone remembers, but I argued in a thread a while back about how I felt like the most damaging thing to the FF franchise was the fall of print media, the rise of the tabloid gaming blog and the rise of commenters, which played very little role in shaping public opinion of FFI through FFXII. After reading this e-magazine, I'm basically 100% sure my hypothesis has some real merit.

Times like this make me want to buy a tablet.

Edit,

For easy reading i mean.

Hmm any way i can buy a print copy? This is great work.

update

I was hoping the jpg file will look good on my vita. Nope :(

Vita need to have a pdf reader, its built for it!

Top Bottom