• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CETA in effect today as Canada-EU trade pact comes into force

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

[this deal is saving me $50,000 CAD a year in import duties]

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I would say its a greater tha 70% chance that is the reason for price changes if they carry Euro cheese. If its Canadian cheese, not sure

I'm actually curious to see if any food / wine importers actual lower their prices at all - as I suspect many will just see it as an opportunity to pocket more money.

My import business is an online high fashion store, so my customers are always comparing my prices to all the (previously much cheaper) EU based stores.

As such, I'm ECSTATIC, to be able to offer the same prices now because it makes me more attractive than any American / Asian stores now.

Mr.Mike

When I was in Poland my Aunt mentioned there was some big push for maple syrup, which I have to imagine was related to this.

djkimothy

Maple syrup isn't going to be much cheaper... It's still like $30 a quart in the US and we've had a trade agreement for Canada's delicious syrup for decades. Delicious but absolutely crazy.

Yah. Maple syrup is a major commodity in Quebec and is supply managed like poultry and dairy. I think the sugar bushes want to eliminate it though since they are getting some competition from Ontario an NY state.

Top Bottom