• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheating or not…what gaf think of this device?

ssringo

Seems like a great device. Don't really see a problem as long as it's not picking up and showing incredibly faint sounds that people wouldn't really be able to pick up through speakers/headphones.

Buggy Loop

My son used something similar in game in Fortnite and I grounded the shit out of him.

04f.jpg

Couldn't think of something else when I read that LOL

diffusionx

Gold Member
The fact is, that there really isn't much difference between accessibility feature and cheating when it comes to vidya.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Really? It’s a core accessibility feature in Fortnite that’s enabled in the options. Dick move.

Let's be honest: his son should have been grounded just for playing Fortnite.

OverHeat OverHeat , it isn't cheating to use this. Games already have sound, and this is just giving you a visable display of the approximate location of the sound in case you don't have 7.1 speakers, or if you have to play with low volume, et cetera. This doesn't give any advantage unless (as ssringo ssringo stated) it is picking up sounds that the player would never be able to hear normally.

Also, welcome back you stupid faggot. Love you.

Last edited:

Mephisto40

Great for people with hearing problems, but yeh, that is going to be used for cheating

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we start seeing streamers with multicoloured lights all over their monitors soon

StereoVsn

Cheaters will always find a way to cheat in MP. However this device will do more good than bad for folks with disabilities. So good to see such things to expand gaming audience.

Top Bottom