• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chechnya bans all music deemed too fast or too slow

‘Minister of Culture Musa Dadayev announced the decision to limit all musical, vocal and choreographic compositions to a tempo ranging from 80 to 116 beats per minute (BPM) at a meeting Friday, the Russian state new agency TASS reported.’

I have announced the final decision, agreed with the head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Akhmatovich Kadyrov, that from now on all musical, vocal and choreographic works must correspond to a tempo of 80 to 116 beats per minute,” Dadayev said, according to TASS.

So I guess Stoner Sludge Metal is like the only one that fits the bill?

Oddly enough the Russian national anthem is 76 BPM so it would technically be illegal 🤣

Last edited:
Punk officially outlawed in Chechnya.
Sad times.
That’s the thing..you just have to find the odd songs within the 80 to 116 BPM ratio:
Tom Waits 89BPM:

Total punk…and topical because that’s probably how they came up with the bill.

Last edited:

intbal

That’s the thing..you just have to find the odd songs within the 80 to 116 BPM ratio:
Tom Waits 89BPM:

Total punk…and topical because that’s probably how they came up with the bill.

Yeah, but you miss out on this speed punk masterpiece:

And most of the songs from Toy Dolls.

Although I suppose they can listen to some pretend punk trash from Green Day. But why not just drink some bleach instead?

Wait till poor Dimitri finds out about this...

dmitry-finds-out-dmitry.gif

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I understand banning a type of music, or music that's too explicit, or it doesn't align with the country beliefs, etc. but tempo?

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Minister of Culture Musa Dadayev announced the decision to limit all musical, vocal and choreographic compositions to a tempo ranging from 80 to 116 beats per minute (BPM)
As a not that good musician i applaud that decision.
Finally i can tell the other members of my trash metal band to slow their horses down or face the consequence.

More seriously i don't understand, as Grildon Tundy Grildon Tundy said half and double times exist...

even more seriously i refuse to believe that the 116 bpm limit was coincidental. Chechnya prime minister is just salty he cannot compose iconic basslines at 119 bpm like Donny Benét

As a not that good musician i applaud that decision.
Finally i can tell the other members of my trash metal band to slow their horses down or face the consequence.

More seriously i don't understand, as Grildon Tundy Grildon Tundy said half and double times exist...

even more seriously i refuse to believe that the 116 bpm limit was coincidental. Chechnya prime minister is just salty he cannot compose iconic basslines at 119 bpm like Donny Benét

Music like this will obviously lead to human sacrifices, cat’s and dogs living together…mass hysteria!

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I wish that worked with the relation of my brain/thoughts hence stumbling vocal output of said thoughts.

Don't think so fast or speak slower than you think lmao

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Next they'll be banning certain key signatures, followed by certain musical intervals.
Before you know it, we'll be back to Gregorian Chanting!

Last edited:

StueyDuck

‘Minister of Culture Musa Dadayev announced the decision to limit all musical, vocal and choreographic compositions to a tempo ranging from 80 to 116 beats per minute (BPM) at a meeting Friday, the Russian state new agency TASS reported.’

I have announced the final decision, agreed with the head of the Chechen Republic Ramzan Akhmatovich Kadyrov, that from now on all musical, vocal and choreographic works must correspond to a tempo of 80 to 116 beats per minute,” Dadayev said, according to TASS.

So I guess Stoner Sludge Metal is like the only one that fits the bill?

Oddly enough the Russian national anthem is 76 BPM so it would technically be illegal 🤣

Op missed a great chance for a goldilocks reference

dsp

I understand banning a type of music, or music that's too explicit, or it doesn't align with the country beliefs, etc. but tempo?

lol, why the hell would you say you understand that? banning types of music that don't align with a country's beliefs? I guess individual taste and fun means nothing when it might interfere with the state's agenda of returning to the dark ages.

Sign me up!

sure, but you're also getting signed up for another crusade. have you ever wanted to have fun in the sand? well here's your opportunity!

Top Bottom