• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Children of the Sun Out Now on Steam!

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
capsule_616x353.jpg

I’ve played about a hour so far. Love it. Unique visuals and audio. No voice acting but a trippy story being told. Keeps ramping up the fun and complexity of the levels. High replay value with scoreboards to compete in. Easy to get into. Steam deck runs it perfectly!

Folks wanting a gameplay focused game that’s different than most things out there pick this one up for $15.

poodaddy

Liked the OP post when I read about the game, sounds cool.

Took that like right back when I heard the music on the trailer. Is that the game soundtrack OP? I'm interested in the gameplay, but that would be a deal breaker.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

Took that like right back when I heard the music on the trailer. Is that the game soundtrack OP? I'm interested in the gameplay, but that would be a deal breaker.
Didn’t watch trailer with audio.

There’s a free demo on Steam too.

What I played had no actual music or music with audio. It’s somewhat harsh sounds to create a clash of audio with the bright visuals.

Edit : just listened to trailer. Hell no. Nothing like that at all in game and I did 11 levels so far?

Last edited:

poodaddy

Didn’t watch trailer with audio.

There’s a free demo on Steam too.

What I played had no actual music or music with audio. It’s somewhat harsh sounds to create a clash of audio with the bright visuals.

Edit : just listened to trailer. Hell no. Nothing like that at all in game and I did 11 levels so far?
Beautiful, I'm in. Definitely looks cool.

Geez, this is not looking good for Devolver and by extension the devs considering the reveal trailer alone got 500k views yet the player count looks to be underwhelming (game is released only on Steam).

op6GMr2.png

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Geez, this is not looking good for Devolver and by extension the devs considering the reveal trailer alone got 500k views yet the player count looks to be underwhelming (game is released only on Steam).

op6GMr2.png

Devolver has not quite been what they used to be, for at least 2 years. Annapurna is eating everyone's lunch.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
This is for the children of the sun

Its comin back around again

This is for the children of the sun

All I hear with this games title lol

Funny, I had this one in my head as soon as I read the title:

I’m relieved to learn that’s not in the game’s soundtrack. What the hell is that shit?

poodaddy

lmao at the dad rock being posted here
Please bestow us with your unfathomable knowledge of musical prophecy, oh Lord of taste and benevolence, so that we may know of the succor of true music.

We all wallow through darkness, searching only for your light.

Del_X

Please bestow us with your unfathomable knowledge of musical prophecy, oh Lord of taste and benevolence, so that we may know of the succor of true music.

We all wallow through darkness, searching only for your light.

I'm a dad I listen to RATM. Chill out - it's okay to like 30-year old boomer music.

Last edited:
Top Bottom