• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China Daily: Trump and Nazi Steve Bannon Riding Titanic into the Abyss

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopWOOP

hah, i don't think they needed to write "BANNON" on Bannon, but besides that, A+
Writing his name on his coat makes it extra funny to me for some reason. Like the artist is humble about the depiction, "look it's supposed to be that guy, alright?"

Don't take this wrong my fellows.

But it is kinda sad/funny that many US citizens are realizing the whole "are we the baddies?" is coming true.

Gaogaogao

C3_zWAQVcAEI36W.jpg:large

the rest of the image

Schattenjäger;229822288 said:
Of course China will continue using this propaganda

The new administration is a threat to their currency manipulation practices

No one is responding to this, but China is not devaluing their currency and they are doing the exact opposite and people that think they are devaluing their currency are living in an alternate reality.

I feel it's important to point this out.

cali =/

wtf?

I live in Bakersfield.

Kern County is in the central valley, between Sacramento and Los Angeles. It's where nearly all of those cities are.

Basically the valley traps a lot of the air from both nor and so cal and so we get really bad air quality.

On top of it's an arid desert that's great for oil and growing crops and livestock, and a very GOP centric area, and so it's kind of a mess.

No one is responding to this, but China is not devaluing their currency and they are doing the exact opposite and people that think they are devaluing their currency are living in an alternate reality.

He's a Trump supporter and cannot be reasoned with facts or logic. I imagine everyone just ignores him now.

I still prefer those a whole lot over what they have in china.

even if China became a clear leader in green energy and trying to mitigate climate change with all they've got, while the freely elected American government actively tries to do the opposite and fuck over everything?

ok then

Shoeless

Next up, Trump will probably start taking more phone calls to Taiwan, or Bannon or Tiller will start deploying more ships in the South China Sea.

There's a part of me that's morbidly curious as to how the USA would react if the Chinese navy somehow managed to sink a US aircraft carrier. So far, at least post-WWII, that's never been done, right? Unless you count the ones deliberately scuttled as part of training exercises.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight

Thanks for pointing that out - didn't even know that

My point still stands though... China is more threatened by the Trump administration and is going to fight with propaganda

As someone who lives in the UK, and is initiated to some extent about how messed up Trump is, can anyone direct me or give me some insight onto the Bannon actually calling the shots? Like where is this coming from, I feel like I'm missing something :p

(I know trolls like to concern troll, but I'm genuinely curious, cause I know how much of a crap stain Bannon is, but never knew he had this much influence)/

It's genuinely worrying considering he was a board member for Breibart! Like holy crap, how does someone of that caliber even get into the whitehouse! (I mean the same thing can be said about Trump...what a world we live in).

Shoeless

As someone who lives in the UK, and is initiated to some extent about how messed up Trump is, can anyone direct me or give me some insight onto the Bannon actually calling the shots? Like where is this coming from, I feel like I'm missing something :p

(I know trolls like to concern troll, but I'm genuinely curious, cause I know how much of a crap stain Bannon is, but never knew he had this much influence)/

It's genuinely worrying considering he was a board member for Breibart! Like holy crap, how does someone of that caliber even get into the whitehouse! (I mean the same thing can be said about Trump...what a world we live in).

He's on the National Security Council for the USA, and allegedly his promotion to that position was done without Trump's knowledge, and Trump signed the executive order approving that move, only to find out later what he'd done.

Why not do it. Being a non voluntary organ donor is just as generous of a life choice as being a voluntary one.

And they wouldn't even sentence such person to death penalty - he would just quietly disappear in jail while his organs would found much better purpose serving someone more productive.

antibolo

Banned
Save us China

...is it wrong that I nonironically want China to save us

How the hell do you even expect China to "save us" in any possible way

China loves Trump because they can point to his administration and use it as an example of how democracy has failed a nation.

You don't have to praise China to state it's not nearly as horrible as present day America. It's really not a difficult point to make. As has been mentioned, China not pretending climate change doesn't exist automatically makes it less of a global threat.

In all fairness, one of the reasons China's heavily invested in promoting green energy is that it's a market the US does not have significant influence over. That's also one of the reasons certain sectors in the US is so determined to push "climate change is a myth/overblown/natural" as long as they can. US financial forces want to squeeze every last penny they can out of coal and oil before they throw up their hands and "panic."

It's a smart move on China's part, and also provides a great opportunity to clean up all the pollution they so willingly allowed to proliferate up through the last decade. I don't wish to downplay the significance of the strategy, nor dismiss that it provides a net good. I just don't think the Chinese government's push is driven entirely by altruism or environmental concern.

Kayhan

how did those free elections work out for the US, the West and the whole biosphere of the planet?

If China was the whole world the air pollution would probably have killed us all by now.

Praising China while hating on Trump's America is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. China is even more messed up than the US. At least Trump can be gotten rid of in 4 years.

Condom

If China was the whole world the air pollution would probably have killed us all by now.

Praising China while hating on Trump's America is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. China is even more messed up than the US. At least Trump can be gotten rid of in 4 years.
But the US already was shit before Trump

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

You act like China is the only country to ever fuck up on pollution.

Remember the industrial revolution?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well apparently China doesn't.

And yet they're still not the worst at carbon emissions per capita. They have the most pollution simply because they have the highest pollution.

America is worse if anything when it comes to per capita carbon emission.

Like going by population America should not be emitting as much pollution as it currently does.

Famassu

While true, at least China is seemingly showing signs of wanting to change (world's largest investor in green tech, some successful nature preservation iniatives etc.) vs. US being pretty shit in the past and looking to take a huge nose dive for the worse with Trump & his gang of ignorant, destructive idiots.

Koodo

Banned

China has yet to commit the atrocities or regional destabilizations that can be credited to the United States.

They are under ruthless authoritarian rule and have a troubling record with human rights, but Americans or their sympathizers pretending they can perch on any level – past or present – to judge China is the height of comedy. Remember the millions of foreign bodies that American tax dollars have laid to waste in the past decade alone. Absolutely appalling.

And we best hope the rest of the world starts treating renewable energy and efforts against air pollution like present day China. We might actually leave a habitable planet for our future generations to enjoy – despite the best attempts of certain governments to circumvent any sense of decency towards the environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom