• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipotle founder opening southeast asian style chain(official opening tommorow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteFox

Devolution said:
It's usually pickled veggies and lots of bbq meat. They're like 2-3 bucks. Definition of awesome.

Chipotle is overrated. I'm sure this place will be too. But whatever, I'm spoiled given my location.
maybe...

Is there any good mexican food in norcal?

Aruarian Reflection said:
Haven't tried it yet (obviously), but damn that's expensive for what seems like a mediocre banh mi.

Go get some of this instead:

vQz1N.png

Zj5yO.jpg

Fresh bread light on zomg.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
BertramCooper said:
I'm sure it will be every bit as overpriced and overrated as his first restaurant.
I get a steak bowl with guac there for around $10 and I'm good for an entire day. That's a pretty good deal to me, considering the quality of the ingredients is pretty damn good.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
For once living in DC is a benefit!

I think I'm gonna hit this place up this weekend.

Instro

Chipotle is pretty weak, at least by comparison to the mexican food places where I live. One of the perks of living in socal I guess.

NomarTyme said:
Like Chipotle.
You're doing it wrong.
No other fast food place, except for maybe Chinese places, give you as much food for the price of a chipotle burrito. And you can call it overrated or garbage or whatever, but you at least know the "meat" you're eating isn't mostly made of non-meat ingredients

Superman00

Liverpool01
Lol, this in the DC/VA area? There are so many places that you can get banh mi for in the VA areas. Maybe it's good for people living in the DC that don't want to go anywhere else. But for $7 it's a ripoff. They are usually around $3-3.50 when I get them.

MrDenny said:
Bahn mi here in cali around lil saigon area only cost around $2.50 haha.
Some places buy 2 get 1 free too.
Where at? is it near LA? I'm starving for some cheap food. LOL
Smision said:
But jesus fucking christ, you get huge Banh-mi in chicago for half that price.
Where? Near Argyle red line?

Raistlin

Zoramon089 said:
You're doing it wrong.
No other fast food place, except for maybe Chinese places, give you as much food for the price of a chipotle burrito. And you can call it overrated or garbage or whatever, but you at least know the "meat" you're eating isn't mostly made of non-meat ingredients
Except for the other couple of burrito chains that offer basically the same size :p

Not that I'm ripping on chipotle - I had lunch there on Monday - but let's not get crazy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DanteFox said:
That just looks like vegetables in a sandwich.

Because essentially, it is.

In any case I wouldn't mind having more fast food places with Tofu as an option.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
Chipotle sucks!

I'll bet this place gives me fiery diarrhea as well. Damn it all to hell. I'd rather keep my $7 than go through that again.

Superman00

Liverpool01
DanteFox said:
That just looks like vegetables in a sandwich.

The vegetables is what make banh mi really good. Those are just fresh parsleys, but the radish and and carrot are pickled, which makes them really good and flavorful.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Anyone ever been to a chain called Mama Fu's? This reminds me of that for some reason, and I think Mama Fu's is aight.

Miri said:
It's everywhere. You don't even need to try to find a good place, and you'll find a good place.
Lol. Lived in norcal. Tried a bunch of mexican food. They're all a joke compared to socal mexican food.

The banh mi looks disgusting but I'm curious about the bowl. They are expensive as fuck though, and someone who is used to $2.50-$3.50 banh mi, these better be good.

DanteFox

viakado said:
norcal has pretty museums, oh and much much more hipsters
I visited norcal for the first time over the summer and I gotta say... that tap water. It's like bottled water! It's amazing!

DanteFox said:
I visited norcal for the first time over the summer and I gotta say... that tap water. It's like bottled water! It's amazing!

What part of norcal if you don't mind my asking? Also yeah the tap here is just as good as bottled, it's awesome.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
viakado said:
Lol. Lived in norcal. Tried a bunch of mexican food. They're all a joke compared to socal mexican food.
Sorry, but french fries have no business being in a burrito.

Come at me bro.

NorCal/SoCal debate commence.

The one thing I really enjoy at Chipotle is their steak. It's fat and juicy, you don't really get steak like that at traditional mexican places or taco trucks, usually it's chopped asada. Not traditional by any means but fuck it.

XiaNaphryz said:
Sorry, but french fries have no business being in a burrito.

Come at me bro.

NorCal/SoCal debate commence.
i'll come at you and bitch slap you.
i've never had fries in a burrito. shit's disgusting.
btw, real burritos dont have sour cream and lettuce.
the best burrito in norcal is like a good day at del taco.
come at me

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
viakado said:
i've never had fries in a burrito. shit's disgusting.
It's a staple in SoCal taquerias, particularly in San Diego. Get your shit in line.
btw, real burritos dont have sour cream and lettuce.
Lettuce isn't a regular ingredient in our burritos up north, and sour cream is a common option in both NorCal and SoCal. Usually put in to help soften the kick of hot sauce, which is why I don't ask for it.
the best burrito in norcal is like a good day at del taco.
come at me
Weak retort, you're obviously just jealous of the cultural significance and impact the Mission-style San Francisco burrito has had on society.

And there are more Del Tacos in SoCal than in NorCal. I blame its slow proliferation up north on SoCal.

clav

Search: Salty.

Disappointed GAF when you talk about Chipotle.

I'll give this new chain a try although I'll keep my expectations low.

Aruarian Reflection said:
Has anybody else noticed it's always the insecure NorCal people who have to bring up NorCal vs. SoCal? SoCal people are always just chillin'

What? You sound like you're talking about yourself.

I was just in the Dupont neighborhood tonight for dessert and I seem to have missed this... I'm sure my college will be all over it though, considering how much
(Non-Californian)
students here love Chipotle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom