• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chipotle shuts Virginia store after reports of illnesses consistent with norovirus

Linkura

I gave them another chance after the initial outbreak. Then they had the credit card hack, and I was done because they obviously don't give a shit about their customers as pretty much the only national chain I've seen without chip. Looks like they still haven't learned.

Taco Bell is definitely making a comeback. Their food is just so fucking tasty and stoner culture/Taco Bell as a meme is much bigger now than it ever was.

Not to mention Taco Bell has fewer calories than Chipotle.

I'm having Taco Bell for lunch, whereas a few years back Chipotle was my staple.

Say what you want, but Taco Bell is making the effort and reaping the reward. Their reinvention has been flawless.

Kill3r7

like, is there a reason this seems to happen more with Chipotle, or are people just hyper-aware of anytime it happens now?

Does it have something to do with the type of ingredients they use? (Non-GMO, I believe, and almost all natural/locally sourced/etc)

I just can't believe that a company trying so hard to avoid this stuff still has slip ups like this. Especially because they actually do seem to have their stuff together at the upper levels.

Either someone is trying to take them down or they need to retrain all employees and implement a whole new food prep system with a full time supervisor dedicated to maintaining protocol.

GodofWine

I wonder if this 'shit' starts with the customers though, they have that trough of utensils you just grab from, I mean, everyone's DNA is on those forks/knives/spoons/hot sauce bottles.

Think about all those fingers taking the caps off the tabasco bottles...ehhhhhh

I'm having Taco Bell for lunch, whereas a few years back Chipotle was my staple.

Say what you want, but Taco Bell is making the effort and reaping the reward. Their reinvention has been flawless.

I hate Chipotle but love Taco Bell, even though it's not real Mexican food it doesn't matter because it tastes good nonetheless.

Funny enough I loved the burrito bowl from Chipotle and Taco Bell has a version of it for half the price. While not the same quality it's still damn good, especially for how much it costs.

I hate Chipotle but love Taco Bell, even though it's not real Mexican food it doesn't matter because it tastes good nonetheless.
Exactly. It's delicious, cheap, filling, and there's a ton of variety.
Funny enough I loved the burrito bowl from Chipotle and Taco Bell has a version of it for half the price. While not the same quality it's still damn good, especially for how much it costs.

Yup. Tried that a few times, too, and it works just fine!

I haven't had Taco Bell in years, but i'd rather have ~3 cheesy gordita crunches than one chipolte burrito (I think you can get ~3 of them for the price of one burrito)

Linkura

Here's a really good longform article about Chipotle's struggles with keeping its food contaminant free

https://www.fastcompany.com/3064068/chipotle-eats-itself

It's a really good, albeit, long read.

I read this article at work and on the train home- damn good, long article. Chipotle has some serious problems that it seems like they still are having trouble working on (I know it's an older article, but it hasn't really improved for them).

DarkWish

Uh oh... I actually ate at this Chipotle on Saturday. Had no idea this happened until my mom told me today. I feel fine so far...

Tigress

Why do people still eat there? Bad enough they had one food poisoning but within a year or so they had another. That says to me they can't get their act together. If they can't make sure to be extra careful after one food contamination then I doubt they'll ever get better. And that's not even counting this time which is just emphasizing my point.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
If anyone's interested, here's some free Chipotle!

https://savorwavs.com/

https://savorwavs.com/fallback Skips straight to the redemption page.

vj2KNMT.png

And just to be prepared:

w9W14Xa.jpg

BriGuy

Uh oh... I actually ate at this Chipotle on Saturday. Had no idea this happened until my mom told me today. I feel fine so far...
You're probably fine then. Norovirus hits you like a train. And then you start shitting trains. And puking. Sometimes simultaneously.

Top Bottom