• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chivalry 2 Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Epic Store Exclusivity
It is also very important to us to address community feedback about our decision to make Chivalry 2 an Epic Games Store exclusive for its first year. After one year, it will be available on other PC platforms like Steam. We know that some Chivalry fans aren’t happy about this, but we wanted to clarify why we have made this decision to assure you all that it’s the best possible outcome for Chivalry 2.

We would never have considered launching on the Epic Games Store if we thought the store we will launch on will be anything like the version it is today. That store simply must improve, and we believe it will.

We also have a lot of information that the public does not have both about future plans for the Epic store as well as unannounced plans for Chivalry 2. But the main things we wanted to emphasize are:

• This decision was entirely about making the best game possible. Epic has put significant investment and support behind the game and really let us take things to a whole new level that wouldn’t be possible without the partnership. This allows us to be in a position where we can deliver Chivalry 2 as a true sequel without compromise, which we believe will ultimately be how we can best provide value for our players.

• We know the wider gaming community’s response to the early Epic Games Store has been negative; however our history of working with them as partners on the Unreal Engine 4 leaves us confident that the Epic Store we will launch on will be vastly improved over what it is today. Their official roadmap showing what’s publicly announced is also available to view. There are many moving pieces still to come into play and more news on its way but we know that criticism about the store itself will be resolved by the time Chivalry 2 is ready for launch. Confident enough to knowingly take the PR hit to the chin for doing so.

Last edited:

Zelent

I'm pretty excited for this.

I find it hilarious people are still complaining about the Epic Game Store. I haven't heard of a single game that has failed by being an EGS timed-exclusive.
I don't event use EGS that much, but I commend them for bring some much needed competition for Steam.

isual

even if its EGS exclusive, it'll come to steam eventually...which also means that chivalry 1 will get a boost in players.

Epic Store Exclusivity
It is also very important to us to address community feedback about our decision to make Chivalry 2 an Epic Games Store exclusive for its first year. After one year, it will be available on other PC platforms like Steam. We know that some Chivalry fans aren’t happy about this, but we wanted to clarify why we have made this decision to assure you all that it’s the best possible outcome for Chivalry 2.

We would never have considered launching on the Epic Games Store if we thought the store we will launch on will be anything like the version it is today. That store simply must improve, and we believe it will.

We also have a lot of information that the public does not have both about future plans for the Epic store as well as unannounced plans for Chivalry 2. But the main things we wanted to emphasize are:

• This decision was entirely about making the best game possible. Epic has put significant investment and support behind the game and really let us take things to a whole new level that wouldn’t be possible without the partnership. This allows us to be in a position where we can deliver Chivalry 2 as a true sequel without compromise, which we believe will ultimately be how we can best provide value for our players.

• We know the wider gaming community’s response to the early Epic Games Store has been negative; however our history of working with them as partners on the Unreal Engine 4 leaves us confident that the Epic Store we will launch on will be vastly improved over what it is today. Their official roadmap showing what’s publicly announced is also available to view. There are many moving pieces still to come into play and more news on its way but we know that criticism about the store itself will be resolved by the time Chivalry 2 is ready for launch. Confident enough to knowingly take the PR hit to the chin for doing so.
That's a lot of bullshit.

You know what? I would believe them, if they outright tell us how much Epic is paying them for the exclusivity. The fact that it is a secret, is enough evidence that everything they said is a lie.

Last edited:
That's a lot of bullshit.

You know what? I would believe them, if they outright tell us how much Epic is paying them for the exclusivity. The fact that it is a secret, is enough evidence that everything they said is a lie.
Wat

It's because people would still freak out whether they did or not, and they're under contract so they couldn't even if they wanted to.

Wat

It's because people would still freak out whether they did or not, and they're under contract so they couldn't even if they wanted to.
Saying "it isn't about the money" is outrageous. Because if it was true, then nothing stops them from releasing the game on Steam AND Epic Games.

Literally nothing they said in their statement, actually justify exclusivity. It just justifies putting games on the Epic launcher, which no one has any problem with.

If you are a developer, and you want your game to be launched on as many stores as possible, no one would complain. But to say that launching games on Epic store means exclusivity, is literally incoherent lies.

Saying "it isn't about the money" is outrageous. Because if it was true, then nothing stops them from releasing the game on Steam AND Epic Games.

Literally nothing they said in their statement, actually justify exclusivity. It just justifies putting games on the Epic launcher, which no one has any problem with.

If you are a developer, and you want your game to be launched on as many stores as possible, no one would complain. But to say that launching games on Epic store means exclusivity, is literally incoherent lies.
It's more than money, it's about budget, exclusivity helps fund games and it may even help their post-launch support and for MP games that's huge. I really don't know why publically detailing their private budget information would sway your opinion.

In fact, your thoughts would be even more negative.

Last edited:
It's more than money, it's about budget, exclusivity helps fund games and it may even help their post-launch support and for MP games that's huge. I really don't know why publically detailing their private budget information would sway your opinion.

In fact, your thoughts would be even more negative.
No I won't, because I already know what they are hiding. And now they are just lying to me which makes me far more negative.

You are pretending there is actually some way anyone could be fooled by this. It is just a bucket of unprovable lies that is meaningless as a statement. They get a bucket of money? fine. But trying to tell me why we should be HAPPY that they got a bucket of money, is just insulting.

I imagine they have little choice in the matter. Chivalray was 8 years ago. They had that stupid 3 way game with the pirates and ninjas etc, but Mirage was a complete bomba. Gotta make money somewhere. I won't be buying Chivalry 2 in any form.

No I won't, because I already know what they are hiding. And now they are just lying to me which makes me far more negative.

You are pretending there is actually some way anyone could be fooled by this. It is just a bucket of unprovable lies that is meaningless as a statement. They get a bucket of money? fine. But trying to tell me why we should be HAPPY that they got a bucket of money, is just insulting.
Are you saying that an Indie studio doesn't need a bucket load of money? And how can they get away with lying to their fanbase? That's called false advertising.

I know what you think they're lying about but in reality if it helps them make a better game then we most definitely will be happy, but we'll just have to see how the game turns out first.

Top Bottom