• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chronicles of Riddick will be DELISTED from GOG.com soon

I'm pretty sure if I went through all these floppy games I bought, they'd all be corrupt. They already tended to crap up back in the day, so I can't imagine they'd work after 2 decades.
PC was honestly a terrible example to make a point about how robust physical media is, because at the end of the day, GOG is probably a more durable solution than solely relying on physical media to not die.

My 90s floppies died before 2010 yeah.

jesu

If you grab it on XBL make sure you also grab the free Butcher Bay commentary add on because that will go bye-bye too.

Not sure if I want to spend the $15 but I better search inside me real quick lol

I've been hoping it went BC, still have it on disc and never got very far(in whatever one I started)

I love Butcher Bay, still one of my favorite shooters of the original XBOX era. The "Pitch Black" multiplayer mode in this game is amazing too. I assume no one plays it anymore though.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Aw man, I never got a chance to get it from GoG without the ass DRM. Is it just as easy for me to just download the Steam game and apply a crack to avoid TAGES? Because fuck TAGES. Not like the activation servers will be kept up if the game's not on sale either

And it's gone. Still up on GameStop (Steam w/ TAGES; US-only) and XBL for the time being.

Well, I'm not one to buy games without a discount, and this will be no exception, but I see there's a free DLC (commentary mode), so I'll add that to my account, thank you very much.

Now, whenever I buy some used copy of the game, I'll be able to enjoy... commentary, apparently. Maybe I'll try that when I replay the game. Hopefully within the next 10 years.

MacDragon

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure if I went through all these floppy games I bought, they'd all be corrupt. They already tended to crap up back in the day, so I can't imagine they'd work after 2 decades.
PC was honestly a terrible example to make a point about how robust physical media is, because at the end of the day, GOG is probably a more durable solution than solely relying on physical media to not die.

I've actually found almost every floppy I still had in my floppy box read fine two decades since I last even touched them!

Top Bottom