• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CHYNA is getting some wile amount of heat bai

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

It's the most extreme heat event ever recorded in world history. For more than 70 days, the intense heat has blasted China's population, factories and fields. Lakes and rivers have dried up. Crops have been killed. Factories have been closed.

That is insane, I dunno how you guys live and work in temps above 30, but high 40's... World is definitely barreling towards some Roland Emmerich shit, wee Ireland gets a few weeks of high 20's and people over here lose their shit

Sybrix

When it was 40c in the UK last month, it was fucking horrible.

We had it for 2-3 days and that was too long.

But in the UK we done have houses or air conditioning to deal with that kind of heat, in counties where it is that hot its more bearable because that have the infrastructure to deal with it.

I cant imagine how awful that is in China.

Wildebeest

It's fine, just have the official weather information say that the temperature is 39C, people are too dumb to know what the rivers running dry and regular power blackouts mean.

Sybrix

What the fuck happened with that thread title you dyslexic motherfucker?
donald-trump-talking.gif

killatopak

Yep. Dried rivers and lakes, brown outs due to reliance on hydro energy and shutting down factories to save electricity for more important functions.

Shit is wild yet I can’t say it’s not deserved. Their underground water is polluted and dried up due to excessive collection of drinking water and replacing them with polluted water so the ground won’t collapse in the absence of water between the soil.

They did this so they can save more money on buying water from a different province.

Huge factory pollution that affect crops on a massive scale. Farmers won’t eat their own crops.

If anyone was more deserving of global warming it’s them.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Yep. Dried rivers and lakes, brown outs due to reliance on hydro energy and shutting down factories to save electricity for more important functions.

Shit is wild yet I can’t say it’s not deserved. Their underground water is polluted and dried up due to excessive collection of drinking water and replacing them with polluted water so the ground won’t collapse in the absence of water between the soil.

They did this so they can save more money on buying water from a different province.

Huge factory pollution that affect crops on a massive scale. Farmers won’t eat their own crops.

Couldn't agree more, have below zero sympathy for them tbh, it's more the knock on effects felt by other countries, these climate disasters are definitely getting worse year on year, world is burning and we simply get slightly better summers

NahaNago

This thread just reminded me that the wrestler Chyna had a clitorous so large it looked like a small penis in her sex video.

Va5LpLM.jpg
I thought the thread was originally about her. I'd give you a thumbs up but I never saw her sex video and wouldn't want to admit to seeing it also :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Been hearing about the heat issues for China for a couple of days now.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
We get 33-34c in Poland in waves this summer and it's miserable.
You might think it's not as much but we don't use AC in Poland and most of the year it is cold... I am sweating just sitting in front of my pc

Jennings

That's from the steroids. Also there were at least two sex videos.
I didn't even know about the other one. I only remembered her video, One Night in Chyna. I haven't followed wrestling since WWF in the mid-80s, when I was young, I just remember the headlines she made and the commentary about her lady bits, which of course I had to go and see for myself.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
We get 33-34c in Poland in waves this summer and it's miserable.
You might think it's not as much but we don't use AC in Poland and most of the year it is cold... I am sweating just sitting in front of my pc

Word. I was in Poland for the first two weeks of this month (Jelenia Góra) and some of the days were just unbearable. I'm used to hot weather in Poland, but this year was just hellish.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Word. I was in Poland for the first two weeks of this month (Jelenia Góra) and some of the days were just unbearable. I'm used to hot weather in Poland, but this year was just hellish.
idk if it's humidity or lack of wind but man...

When it was 40c in the UK last month, it was fucking horrible.

We had it for 2-3 days and that was too long.

But in the UK we done have houses or air conditioning to deal with that kind of heat, in counties where it is that hot its more bearable because that have the infrastructure to deal with it.

I cant imagine how awful that is in China.
But air conditioning is not the solution either, it just takes heat out of one place and places it elsewhere creating extra heat while at it. If everyone did it, like they are doing, the effect on the atmosphere is not zero.

Bar some extremes, Housing should simply be built so air conditioning is not needed, high ceilings, good air passageflow, intelligent shutters with heat isolation and thick walls. And fans are fine too.

What I'm saying is that Air conditioning increases global warming, just so your house or office is cold.

EDIT: I think it's semi-good so far that countries with the biggest footprint get hit by stuff that is undeniably part of the global warming phenomena, and way over their comfort zone too. if it was just Africa and South America suffering with this shit it's quite obvious that they wouldn't change a thing and the average costumer wouldn't be concerned with either.

This way, the issue is impossible to ignore.

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned

So when do the water wars start?

Konnor

If climate change is fucking us this hard already imagine what will happen in 20 years. I read somewhere a few years ago that Beijing will eventually become uninhabitable. things are gonna get hardcore.

Konnor

So is it going to be super wet or super dry? Because I was told 30 years ago we would be living in water world right now. So I guess they were wrong.

waterworld-2.jpg

Actually yes, climate change will present itself in extreme weather conditions, whether it's drought, floods (especially near the sea), extremely hot weather, huge tornadoes, snowstorms and so on. Things are gonna get fucked.

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
There was a She-Hulk parody one also.

shehulkcover.jpg

Not that I've watched it.
Hadn't heard of this. Might be difficult to jerk off to her painted green, but could be worth a spectacle viewing.

G-Bus

Banned
Actually yes, climate change will present itself in extreme weather conditions, whether it's drought, floods (especially near the sea), extremely hot weather, huge tornadoes, snowstorms and so on. Thing's are gonna get fucked.

This was my understanding as well.

I think we'll see bigger more drastic swings in the weather. Crazy snow storm fallowed by heat which will flood. If we just came from a long heatwave with drought that melting snow will just be runoff and won't actually replenish anything.

Bigger cascading effects. Fun times ahead.

Wildebeest

Problems with cities water supplies are normally local due to lakes/reservoirs not being restored quickly enough or underground water tables drying out or being polluted. Even now, as some places globally are experiencing historic droughts, others are dealing with extreme flooding.

Go_Ly_Dow

East Asia has the worst combination of extreme heat of 30-40c day long summers coupled with 90%+ humidity. We had 41c in the UK recently, but felt fine compared to when I lived in Japan and it was 30c with high humidity. That was hell and much more uncomfortable than anything I've experienced in Europe.

I remember reading articles back in the 2000's where "scientist" talked about the coastlines of the United States being underwater by 2020.
Sometimes the weather on the Earth just happens to be fucked up some years and other years not so much.

For an example, we're talking about the massive heat wave that's hitting China right now and that is hit the UK in other places but nobody's gonna talk about how La Nina is expected to lower the amount of tropical storms and hurricanes on the Atlantic coast this year. In fact, we are 10 days away from peak hurricane season and we haven't had a single hurricane yet.

Oh and the funny thing about all those climate people who were pushing that underwater narrative in the 2000's, they just so happen to purchase and live on those properties they said wouldn't exist right now.

Mistake

How exactly is water going to run out? And why 2050?
It’s calculated between their water reserves and population density. Basically, they’re in a downward spiral, and climate change is the cherry on top, since Beijing is a desert anyway

Last edited:
It’s calculated between their water reserves and population density. Basically, they’re in a downward spiral, and climate change is the cherry on top, since Beijing is a desert anyway

Are you referring to the study by MIT researchers in 2016?

Top Bottom