• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Circle (2015 film). Or how I miss IMDB messageboards for Every film.

[boots]

I really, really enjoyed this movie, but man....the very end should've been cut. Those effects just killed the enthusiasm the film built up.

Anung

Un Rama
Just watched this now and that was a damn good movie. Compelling stuff that held my interest even though it's one set with some limited actors. Those last few minutes should have been left on the cutting room floor as it totally tanked the ending. No idea what they were thinking.

[boots];244740138 said:
I really, really enjoyed this movie, but man....the very end should've been cut. Those effects just killed the enthusiasm the film built up.

There's another low budget movie I think I saw on Netflix called Man Vs. that takes a similar turn. Most of the movie relies on writing and acting, and then right at the end the goofy cgi shows up and it becomes a completely different movie.

For a 20 minute Twilight Zone episode stretched into a movie, it was...fine. I mean it's well paced, but the format of the movie requires every character to be written in a very obvious, semi-obnoxious way. I like the way they figured out the voting patterns, and they're smart about how they spent the film's budget. However, I couldn't shake the feeling I could be doing something better with my time.

I will never forgive IMDb for closing down their forums. I hope they lost a ton of traffic and continue to lose traffic until they bring it back.

I really like this movie! There are times where it caaaan get a little bit... dumb, but I thought the concept of "who gets to live" was really played around really creatively.

If you guys liked this then i think youd like the movie "the human race". Circle really reminded me of it with the constant deaths and switching of main characters.

Erekiddo

Should have went to black before the final two minutes.

Just watched it based off of this thread and overall I enjoyed it.

Camwi

Just saw the movie last night, due to this thread. Agree with this post:

Eh, it was alright. Leaned a bit too far into stereotyping all the participants to push the themes (He's a rich guy! She's gay! He's a soldier! She's pregnant!) and the denouement moment was a bit flaccid. I did, however, really enjoy following the "game" aspect, with different people's strategies for staying alive longer. The final twist was really good in that regard.

They definitely went a little hard on the stereotypes at times, which was noticeable, but otherwise it was a good movie except for the last minute.

I didn't even mind all the
spaceships at the end, but repeating the quote of the one douchebag as he slowly walked up to the crowd felt wrong for some reason. Didn't make much sense, and the end was jarring because of it.

Yeah, I watched this off a GAF recommendation a long while ago. Really enjoyed it. It was like a really good Outer Limits episode at movie length. Agree on some of the criticism for the ending though.
I actually did like seeing everyone that survived and wondering what went down with them considering the context of the survivor we followed, but yeah it was a little jarring with the effects. I think it should end similarly but have been tweaked some. Maybe it's night time to reflect that this isn't really a happy ending and you can hide the effects of the ships better? Something.

Top Bottom