• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City Shrouded in Shadow now PS4-only, launches this fall in Japan

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/city-shrouded-shadow-now-ps4-launches-fall-japan

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has the first update on Bandai Namco and Granzella’s sci-fi survival action adventure game City Shrouded in Shadow in over a year, confirming the title is now PlayStation 4-only (it was previously also due out for PS Vita) and due out this fall in Japan.

The magazine also confirms that Evangelion Unit-01 and Gamera will appear in the game as “giant shadows.”

Website, scans, etc. at the link.

Shroud my Vita in shadow if old.

delSai

Good to hear its launching this year, i'll probably import it unless they announce localization before it's out.

kauec

Neo Member
A game like this but in the Cloverfield universe would be a dream come true. Is there any other game like this? (Escape from giant monster, survival) The only thing close I know are the Disaster Report games.

orochi91

Should have had the Shin Godzilla version in the game.

That fucker was unique, yet absolutely terrifying; greatest atomic breathe ever filmed.

D:

Rymuth

The Disaster Report games had tons of dialogue/action choices you could make which would determine endings, friendships/romances with other characters, character deaths etc.
I know, I played and loved the DR games.

Ahhh, now I get it. I had Granzella pegged as the name of the game (Along with city covered in shadows), I'd forgotten it was the name of dev.

All this licensed content.. what are the odds for a Western release ? :/
This is what I fear. It's going to be a fucking journey playing this in Japanese not knowing what to do.

What are 'giant shadows'? Is Gamera and Eva Unit-01 going to be something seperate from all the others walking around the city or is that just what all of them are called?

duckroll

RIP Vita. It was a noble sacrifice but at least the game continues on! I was afraid the entire game would have gotten canned after all the silence!

atomsk

Party Pooper
There will be Granzella-esque choices in the game

kNQSHGk.jpg

Clov

I'm glad that the game hasn't been cancelled! They were really quiet about it for a bit, so I was worried. Still hoping for a localization against all odds.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm glad that the game hasn't been cancelled! They were really quiet about it for a bit, so I was worried. Still hoping for a localization against all odds.

you're fighting that long fight with so many licenses

CamHostage

RIP Vita. It was a noble sacrifice but at least the game continues on! I was afraid the entire game would have gotten canned after all the silence!

Yep, glad it's still going, disappointed that Vita is off but I was nervous about that version as it is. It seemed a tough platform to get done what Granzella is going for, and Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 4 wasn't going towards Vita so it seemed even stranger that the bigger and more challenging concept (I assume?) would be on the portable. Make it good and I'm okay with the choice.

just found out about this. Holy hell, Gamera, Ultraman, Godzilla... in the same game!?

Yeah, I'mma probably gonna import this. Something tells me I'll never have a chance to play it in English.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
just found out about this. Holy hell, Gamera, Ultraman, Godzilla... in the same game!?

Yeah, I'mma probably gonna import this. Something tells me I'll never have a chance to play it in English.

just be wary that there are no "crossover" situations

basically the ultraman scenario is strictly ultraman, etc.

Top Bottom