• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization: Beyond Earth announced, Fall 2014, PC [Trailer, Details]

Danj

I'm excited for this. I had a £5 amazon promo code so I ordered the physical version (promo codes don't work on downloads), it apparently ships Thursday to arrive (hopefully) on Friday.

Do the individual civs have unique abilities and units in this one?

Civs have unique abilities per faction, but unique units and buildings have been moved into the affinities segment of the game and available to any faction provided they proceed down a particular affinity.

To differentiate starts further, there is some extra embarkation choices made at the start of a game that will provide your Civ with additional features, but again those are not unique to a faction.

Waxy

I just bought it on GMG as well, I got the discount under the VIP section instead of with the code. Code wouldn't work for me.

Do the individual civs have unique abilities and units in this one?

There are no individual Civs. You create your faction from a list of options including Sponsor (closest thing to a Civ, gives the biggest flavour to your faction), Civilians (gives you a bonus towards one type of resource IIRC), type of spacecraft (gives bonus at the start of game, such as seeing coastlines, or bigger choice of where to place your first city) and cargo (one off benefits like a free worker).

I don't know if anyone else here had played a significant amount of Civ V multiplayer, but a lot of the changes they are doing in BE makes me think it will be a much better affair than Civ 5 was.

They are at least definitely fixing the root of Civ V's biggest problems, most of which stem from that game's over-reliance on science.

bjaelke

@Totalbiscuit: Embargo on Civ is Oct 23rd at 8am ET for your information. I have a save file in late game with high tier units

gFJt1vi.png

Yiisss so hyped for this. Right on time to take a break from Destiny.

If I buy the code through Amazon would I be able to preload it? The instructions on Amazon say you can download it on release, but it says nothing about preloading. Are those just generic instructions that haven't been updated since the advent of preloading on Steam, or is that actually enforced?

Top Bottom