• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Civilization V System Requirements - Can YOU play the biggest game of 2010?

Valru said:
5570 is a pretty shite card, the best you can get in low profile is the 5750/5770 which I believe only PowerColor makes in low profile and they are extremely hard to find.

Yeah, I've never found anything like that so far. And they have pretty strong limits on what case they can be in and power-draw etc as well.

I may wait then until the 5570 is available with GDDR5 - hopefully shouldn't be too long from now, the first cards hit retail in the US I think (from HIS). They seem to perform pretty close to the 5670 at least.

Though I must say, even the DD3 5570 seems to be able to do well enough on many games. And it's probably 3x the 4350 I have right now.

Never played a Civ game but I like the look of this one and I think I'll have a go. I meet the recommended quite nicely so I should have no problem.
As a side note, Steam often makes me laugh with their prices - £29.99 from them but £24.99 from Amazon and the game will still run via Steam anyway. I find that hilarious!!

spwolf

no need to worry guys, it is pc strategy game so it will always work, it might be a bit slow but who the hell cares, this is not fps.

So will I be good with this?

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS

TURNCLOAK

Banned
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:

Sorry guy, but your specs are a huge pile of amphibian shit.

Time to upgrade.

And quick.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:

All I can suggest is to try the demo out, it should play fine if you're happy to crank the settings down and don't mind waiting between turns.

brain_stew said:
All I can suggest is to try the demo out, it should play fine if you're happy to crank the settings down and don't mind waiting between turns.
Yeah, I can accept a little wait in between turns. I mean this is Civ 5, not Crysis. I'm concerned with long data loads. I guess I'll just have to try the demo first.

Top Bottom