• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clairvoyance - Cutest Robot Chess Deathmatch EVER

OK, even though I'm none of these players, I had to share this. Please don't look at how many turns long this is so that you're not spoiled.
http://www.gameofclairvoyance.com/tv/9490

Also, I just read on their front page that they have around 900+ registered accounts (so, pretty much, that many sold units). That... is incredibly sad. To think that a game as amazing as this sold less than 1000 units seems so unfair. Perhaps it's because it's not on Steam yet? It doesn't even seem to be on Greenlight, perhaps because they'd rather manage user accounts themselves? :/ Edit: I just read they'll consider Greenlight and other means of distribution come version 1.0 of the game. :)

Finally, I just sat down and read the rules about initiative. This corrected many misconceptions I had (I did think you could steal initiative in a standoff), so anyone that's still not 100% clear on how initiative works, please read about it ASAP, it's not complicated at all.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
OK, even though I'm none of these players, I had to share this. Please don't look at how many turns long this is so that you're not spoiled.

Also, I just read on their front page that they have around 900+ registered accounts (so, pretty much, that many sold units). That... is incredibly sad. To think that a game as amazing as this sold less than 1000 units seems so unfair. Perhaps it's because it's not on Steam yet? It doesn't even seem to be on Greenlight, perhaps because they'd rather manage user accounts themselves? :/

I think they managed that they are still in a beta version basically and that they might look into that with the full release (which is supposed to include a level editor).

But yeah, 900 sold units is not really all that great.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Also, I just read on their front page that they have around 900+ registered accounts (so, pretty much, that many sold units). That... is incredibly sad. To think that a game as amazing as this sold less than 1000 units seems so unfair. Perhaps it's because it's not on Steam yet? It doesn't even seem to be on Greenlight, perhaps because they'd rather manage user accounts themselves? :/ Edit: I just read they'll consider Greenlight and other means of distribution come version 1.0 of the game. :)

Finally, I just sat down and read the rules about initiative. This corrected many misconceptions I had (I did think you could steal initiative in a standoff), so anyone that's still not 100% clear on how initiative works, please read about it ASAP, it's not complicated at all.
I think Clairvoyance is one of those "By indies for indies" games that the devs were actually nice enough to release to the public. On the other hand, I don't think I'll ever get to play Nidhogg.

Well well. Things are definitely looking up since I learned how initiative works and a few other details:

Clairvoyance.png

BTW, if anyone wants to challenge me, I'm WelltallZero in-game. Yes, two L's, then two L's; I managed to misspell my own handle, so excited was I to try it. >_>

elyetis

Bringing the topic back from the dead. Does anyone know the link to download the client ? can't find the mail I got, probably deleted it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Bringing the topic back from the dead. Does anyone know the link to download the client ? can't find the mail I got, probably deleted it.

I downloaded my copy from Humblebundle, so good chances its in your library there.

Top Bottom