• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clash of Clans |OT|

clash-of-clans-ultimate-hack-tool.png

Available on: iOS/Android

I know a bunch of you guys are playing this. It has been gaining in popularity. Even been seeing commercials on TV about it.

Wikipedia said:
Clash of Clans is a strategy game where players can construct and expand one's village, unlock successively more powerful warriors and defenses, raid and pillage resources from other villages, create and join Clans and much, much more.

-You create and defend your own village.
-You can fight other villages (humans) and fight against computer made villages.

A lower-level village

A higher-level village

I'm really early on. Level 20. Have about 650 trophies.

Here is a really good resource for strategies and walkthroughs: PlayClashofClans YouTube

******UPDATE 2014******
CLAN WARS!!

Lots of new info coming out about CLAN WARS. Everything is pretty much explained.

Notes:

- Supercell will scrape through your clan and analyze its strength based on the level of your heroes, your town hall, your defense levels, troop levels, walls, etc. They will basically assign your clan a Power Ranking.

- When you search for a clan to fight, they will look for clans with similar number of members and similar Power Ranking.

- When you enlist in that clan war. Day one is scouting day. You have one day to look at all the other members of the opposing clan. You can strategize who is going to fight who and it will show you what loot is available.

- The loot that you gain from your individual clan battle is determined by how "strong" the opponents base is. This loot does not come from that person, it comes from the heavens.

- The clan with the most "stars" from their battles, at the end of the day wins.

- The loot you win from your battles goes into a pot. At the end of battle day, the winning team splits the pot from all their teams battles. The losing team gets only a percentage of their pot.

Arc

Silver 1. The rankings in this game are kind of broken. It's not a test of skill as your clan is progressing in a standard FTP model while you battle other clans. So clans that are further along are in higher leagues (as opposed to leagues in Starcraft or League of Legends where everyone has the same things available to them).

Silver 1. The rankings in this game are kind of broken. It's not a test of skill as your clan is progressing in a standard FTP model while you battle other clans. So clans that are further along are in higher leagues (as opposed to leagues in Starcraft or League of Legends where everyone has the same things available to them).

I just entered Bronze I. Getting killed.

Thinking of dropping trophies to bump me back down to the 500's.

tipoo

Banned
That higher level villiage kind of looks like mine, but I had more upgrades and the second level purple walls I think. User account Prion on iOS, but if I play it again I'd switch to Android most likely.

i see people doing this, some guy will attack me with one goblin and bail. i can only assume they are tanking rating
It's for farming.

Got to TH7. Got rid of my tablet and didn't feel like linking to FB or starting over.

Once you get the 1250 rating for the Gems, kinda pointless to play for rank until you farm the necessary resources to get high level. It's pretty grindy and slow, TH8 level upgrades take like a week or so for each thing.

I just broke into Silver III.

Kinda nervous, haven't spent much time upgrading my troops, just slowly upgrading resource collections. I guess we will find out when I start getting attacked.

My Town Hall 7 finishes tomorrow. Pretty pumped. I have everything in line and ready.

I'm Silver I now. There are tons of people in this league that should be much higher, I guess they like keeping their trophies low to farm resources, but I plan on challenging myself and pushing into Gold.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I'm pumping all my efforts into gold and elixir production. I want to get strong before upgrading my level 3 town hall!

jkanownik

I played this pretty religiously for a while. Then I got to the point where I needed 2M+gold or elixir and 10K+ dark elixir to do anything. I stopped shortly after that. It wasn't fun anymore. I would have to look through like 100 random encounters to find one to make up for the materials I was losing from getting attacked. That took forever and if the battle didn't go as expected it was super frustrating. Revenge was not an option 95% of the time because they were online or had active shields.

Reading the article on how the top players operate confirmed by decision to walk away.

I've moved on to Game of War now.

I'm pumping all my efforts into gold and elixir production. I want to get strong before upgrading my level 3 town hall!

Meh, you make by far the most money by attacking people. Invest in your army.

You won't have to start worrying about getting raped till town hall 5. Then just make sure your mortar and cannons are strong and you'll be fine.

butts

My favorite iOS game. I'm approaching maxed TH9, mostly need to finish my neglected ATs and walls. I saw there was a NeoGAF clan in-game with only 1 member, we should resurrect it.

jkanownik

My favorite iOS game. I'm approaching maxed TH9, mostly need to finish my neglected ATs and walls. I saw there was a NeoGAF clan in-game with only 1 member, we should resurrect it.

What do you enjoy about it at that level? Are you actively managing battles in a way that makes the game more engaging? How are you finding people that are worthwhile to attack? Are you spending money in game?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I played this pretty religiously for a while. Then I got to the point where I needed 2M+gold or elixir and 10K+ dark elixir to do anything. I stopped shortly after that. It wasn't fun anymore. I would have to look through like 100 random encounters to find one to make up for the materials I was losing from getting attacked. That took forever and if the battle didn't go as expected it was super frustrating. Revenge was not an option 95% of the time because they were online or had active shields.

Reading the article on how the top players operate confirmed by decision to walk away.

Exact same here. Don't regret my hours of playtime, but like all F2P games you just hit a wall and you either pay up or walk away.

Das-J

Law of the West
I was shocked there wasn't an OT for this game when I got hooked this summer - Good on ya for taking the initiative!

Thankfully I've finally stopped channeling $ into the game, but still play multiple times a day. That said, I'm nearing the frustration point that jkanownik describes as progress is now plodding at best. :\

butts

What do you enjoy about it at that level? Are you actively managing battles in a way that makes the game more engaging? How are you finding people that are worthwhile to attack? Are you spending money in game?

Things slow WAY down obviously, but I find that raiding several times a day (easy to open the iPad at work and do a quick raid) nets you enough to start another upgrade as soon as a builder becomes available or just dump the gold into walls. There are enough troop types where if you cycle through different army compositions it can be fun. Right now I am using just barbarians and archers in ~1700 trophy range and having fun trying to 100% villages with low armies. Finding worthy targets can be frustrating but you start to see trends where certain times of day/weekends are worthwhile and some you might as well not even play.

It definitely has that hook of "just 1 more day and my defenses/offenses will be a little better and I will have a new toy to play with" along with the fun of knowing that you are stealing resources from other players. There is just enough depth with base building where if you invest some time in understanding how AI works and the other mechanics of the game that it becomes satisfying to watch a good army get stopped cold and get basically no loot from you.

I started playing last April and over the course of the year I've spent $30, mostly to purchase the last builder and to finish the Archer Queen.

Phades

Yep, the match making is pretty terribad in this and probably used to try and reinforce pushing people into buying resources/assets to speed along their own progression. Less to do in it than Castle Clash and slower to build objects much sooner, yet I keep seeing that dumb hogrider commercial on TV....

Agkel

This is a pretty awful game that tries to put the hooks in you before you hit the meat of the game. If you have not played MMOs or other F2P you may actually fall for them and eventually end up paying real money for a pretty disgusting business model.

Up until this point, everything is good and dandy and tolerable. Once you hit this wall (about TH lv 8 or TH lv 9) then there really is no point in playing the game anymore unless you plan on using real money constantly. By this point you have been thrown all the hooks available by the game, so you either fall for them and pay up or you walk away.

I have an almost fully upgraded TH8 (Crystal III) including walls, and the game boils down to setting up 3 things to upgrade and logging every once in a while to collect from your, hopefully, fully upgraded resources. The combat mechanic is almost completely thrown out of the equation at this point, bcs if you want to raid more than once, to ACTUALLY get a net gain on your raids, you have to pay up to increase troops generation timer. That's not even taking into consideration the fact that in order to successfully raid continuously, you end up using some cheese army composition(I use a 200 archer raid with perhaps a few wall breakers).

Ive been playing this game for 6 months give or take. I originally was interested in the art style and the combat mechanics but when I got tired of the F2P mechanics, decided to only keep playing to do a write up on this and other similar F2P games.

butts

This is a pretty awful game that tries to put the hooks in you before you hit the meat of the game. If you have not played MMOs or other F2P you may actually fall for them and eventually end up paying real money for a pretty disgusting business model.

Up until this point, everything is good and dandy and tolerable. Once you hit this wall (about TH lv 8 or TH lv 9) then there really is no point in playing the game anymore unless you plan on using real money constantly. By this point you have been thrown all the hooks available by the game, so you either fall for them and pay up or you walk away.

I have an almost fully upgraded TH8 (Crystal III) including walls, and the game boils down to setting up 3 things to upgrade and logging every once in a while to collect from your, hopefully, fully upgraded resources. The combat mechanic is almost completely thrown out of the equation at this point, bcs if you want to raid more than once, to ACTUALLY get a net gain on your raids, you have to pay up to increase troops generation timer. That's not even taking into consideration the fact that in order to successfully raid continuously, you end up using some cheese army composition(I use a 200 archer raid with perhaps a few wall breakers).

Ive been playing this game for 6 months give or take. I originally was interested in the art style and the combat mechanics but when I got tired of the F2P mechanics, decided to only keep playing to do a write up on this and other similar F2P games.

I disagree, if you are patient and know what you are doing it doesn't take much to make big profits on raids. My current army costs ~60k elixir and takes about 20-30 minutes tops to make, and its very rare to not double that in return + make over 100k in gold on each raid (200k+ each isnt uncommon either even with this cheap/fast army). You can easily screw yourself and get in a position where people are stealing more from you than you can raid, but you either lower your trophy count and face people at your level or spend your stored loot on upgrades.

Can you play against only the computer? Or do you have to play against people.

There are 60 campaign missions, the later levels net you a lot of resources.

I am in Silver I and just got my Town Hall 7.

I can see the wait times becoming a problem down the line but I have 4 builders (i only paid $4.99 for the last one, earned the rest with gems) so it shouldn't be that bad.

I am concerned about hauls from raids. Right now my army costs 27,500 elixir to build and I can easily pull down over 250,000 resources if I'm just patient and pick my battles carefully. But with needing 200,000 to upgrade one wall piece to dark purple, i'm going to have to pull down bigger hauls if thats even feasible in any sensible manor of time.

My current default army build is:

(1) Healer - Level 1
(2) Wall Breakers - Level 3. Two can break through a gold wall
(10) Giants - Level 3
(97) Archers - Level 3

I try not to use all the archers. Depending on how good my giants are doing.

Agkel

I disagree, if you are patient and know what you are doing it doesn't take much to make big profits on raids. My current army costs ~60k elixir and takes about 20-30 minutes tops to make, and its very rare to not double that in return + make over 100k in gold on each raid (200k+ each isnt uncommon either even with this cheap/fast army). You can easily screw yourself and get in a position where people are stealing more from you than you can raid, but you either lower your trophy count and face people at your level or spend your stored loot on upgrades.

I do an all archers raid strat with a 99.3% success rate and an 92% destruction rate (averaged on 373 raids) You can make profits on said raids, but it is so miniscule in the grand scheme of things that it is not worth it. And this is the biggest hook this game has, making you think you are making progress without realizing that you are throwing away your most important resource, time.

Here's the breakdown of my strat, which is one of the most efficient available at TH Lv 6 through Lv9 and that very few people use.

Assuming you have 4 lv8 barracks and 3 lv6 army camps, which are huge resource and time sinks by themselves. Also assume you have a good guild that constantly feeds you good wallbreaker (this is not hard to achieve)

-200 archers take 20.833 minutes to complete.
-If you have to build your own wall breakers it takes 22.233 minutes to complete.
-It takes 32k elixir for said archers. A couple hundred elixir less if you build your WB
-On Avg it takes 22 searches to find a decent raid.(Decent raid been at least 100k of each resource and 50 dark elixir)
-That adds a cost of 12.76k G on the searches and on avg and 3.66 min of searching time
-Add to that the use of one spell that can go from 20k elixir to 27k elixir at this level (TH8)
-Archers strat is a pretty quick strat if you know your placements, on avg it take 2.36 min for the match to be over.

You just spent, at least, 26.853 min for a gain of 48k elixir gain 87.24k gold and 50 dark elixir.
Now consider that a single upgrade at this level, of most buildings, go upwards of 1.25 million resources, research updward 2.25 million resources and dark elixir upgrades 10k and up (Not considering wall upgrades that are 200k gold each and you have 225 available). There is just no way, that you'll make a significant dent using the combat mechanic that they introduce early on to hook you into the game. It completely flies out the window. Unless you are willing to throw away the oh so important resource of time, that arguably you could use on much better games or other things.

How do you continue to progress? You upgrade all your resource collectors, log in every 6~8 hrs (for literally 20 seconds) or so to collect and wait for the 3~5 days upgrades to finish to set up the new upgrades. Rinse and repeat. Or you could get super magnificent best value offer and pay real money for gems that will help you speed everything up. You cant go wrong with that, after all, time is money right?

edit:I forgot to add, this is not taking into consideration that you leave your TH outside of the village so you can trigger the shield that avoids your village to get raided at only a cost of 1k gold and 1k elixir and a few trophies. That way you dont have massive losses on raids against you.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Every kid I babysit who plays video games is obsessed with this game.

TheGamer

I absolutely love this game. I have a nearly maxed out TH8 and just need to upgrade some air defenses and my walls. I'm currently farming around the 1400 trophy range for Dark Elixir to upgrade my hogs to lvl 3. I'm glad OP started an official thread, so we can discuss attack strategies and other topics.

Here is a current layout of my base. I'm almost maxed out for TH8.

y8HlWfS.png

I do an all archers raid strat with a 99.3% success rate and an 92% destruction rate (averaged on 373 raids) You can make profits on said raids, but it is so miniscule in the grand scheme of things that it is not worth it. And this is the biggest hook this game has, making you think you are making progress without realizing that you are throwing away your most important resource, time.

Here's the breakdown of my strat, which is one of the most efficient available at TH Lv 6 through Lv9 and that very few people use.

Assuming you have 4 lv8 barracks and 3 lv6 army camps, which are huge resource and time sinks by themselves. Also assume you have a good guild that constantly feeds you good wallbreaker (this is not hard to achieve)

-If you have to build your own wall breakers it takes 22.233 minutes to complete.
-It takes 32k elixir for said archers. A couple hundred elixir less if you build your WB
-On Avg it takes 22 searches to find a decent raid.(Decent raid been at least 100k of each resource and 50 dark elixir)
-That adds a cost of 12.76k G on the searches and on avg and 3.66 min of searching time
-Add to that the use of one spell that can go from 20k elixir to 27k elixir at this level (TH8)
-Archers strat is a pretty quick strat if you know your placements, on avg it take 2.36 min for the match to be over.

You just spent, at least, 26.853 min for a gain of 48k elixir gain 87.24k gold and 50 dark elixir.
Now consider that a single upgrade at this level, of most buildings, go upwards of 1.25 million resources, research updward 2.25 million resources and dark elixir upgrades 10k and up (Not considering wall upgrades that are 200k gold each and you have 225 available). There is just no way, that you'll make a significant dent using the combat mechanic that they introduce early on to hook you into the game. It completely flies out the window. Unless you are willing to throw away the oh so important resource of time, that arguably you could use on much better games or other things.

How do you continue to progress? You upgrade all your resource collectors, log in every 6~8 hrs (for literally 20 seconds) or so to collect and wait for the 3~5 days upgrades to finish to set up the new upgrades. Rinse and repeat. Or you could get super magnificent best value offer and pay real money for gems that will help you speed everything up. You cant go wrong with that, after all, time is money right?

edit:I forgot to add, this is not taking into consideration that you leave your TH outside of the village so you can trigger the shield that avoids your village to get raided at only a cost of 1k gold and 1k elixir and a few trophies. That way you dont have massive losses on raids against you.

What are you doing about mortars with all those archers?

Are you dropping them in waves? Are you only attacking bases where you can get your archers to a mortar or two right off the bat?

I like to get my giants (with healer) inside the walls and take care of the mortars before dropping my archers off.

Arcayne

Nice to see an OT on this great game. Remember to upgrade all your buildings to max lvl before upping your townhalls!

While I'm at it, I actually like the IAP tactic in this game - it is incredibly non-pervasive and non-intrusive, there aren't any ads, nada. You can get the 2 additional builders by completing missions that reward a surprisingly fair amount. The 5th builder takes time (cutting grass, trees, whatever for gems), but is reasonably doable. Really, the only reason you'd want to buy gems is if you're busy irl and just want to speed things up. There is no paid items that give you an edge over any other player, just speed ups and shields. That's really not that bad compared to the multitudes of other iap models. I cannot say the same for the top players in Clash, though.

I'm speaking from a town hall 6, and can confirm from my town hall 8 and 9 irl friends that they hasn't spent a dime.
They're incredibly freugal, so I can believe them without question.
It does take time to accrue the necessary gold/elixers, but raiding4loot is just part of the game.

Agkel

What are you doing about mortars with all those archers?

Are you dropping them in waves? Are you only attacking bases where you can get your archers to a mortar or two right off the bat?

I like to get my giants (with healer) inside the walls and take care of the mortars before dropping my archers off.

Depends, if its a rare big haul of 250k+ of each resource i drop 2 lightning spells on top of the hardest one to get to and it takes it out, normally I have more trouble with wizard towers, since they have a high attack rate and the aoe area is pretty big.

First test out the layout for bombs, after a while its pretty easy to tell where they are. Just drop 1 or 2 archers to trigger the bombs. Once you have triggered the bombs and taken outside buildings (the ones that out of range of defenses) with a few archers, surround the base with archers by using 4 fingers. 2 fingers per hand and on opposite sides and go in a clockwise or counterclockwise motion, effectively surrounding the base.

The archers are so spread that the mortars wont be able to do much damage. Like I said, wizard towers are more worrisome. My preferred method on average hauls is to aggro mortars and wizard towers to a group of archers and use a healing spell on them, this allows the rest of the archers to destroy the base from the "back". I also prefer building my own WB, that way I can create holes on the 3 cardinal directions the wizards and mortars are not targeting. Basically, creating a distraction and flanking the base.

I hardly encounter bases with more than 1 hidden tesla, since those people usually grab and spend their loot constantly, therefore have no loot to raid. You can effectively trophy farm all your way to TH10 without having to fight against a TH9 that have the crossbow repeater. Once you hit TH10, you start using the witches rage spell strat.

*If they have a Barbarian king, aggro them by putting one archer on an unprotected building. Once the king comes over, you can effectively kite him by putting 22 archers on one side and 2 on the other, when he kills 2 he will walk over to the other 2 place 22 more on the other side. Takes no more than 6 level 4 archers, 8 if its a high level king.

butts

This is not my experience with the game at all.

For one thing, all archers is bad. You need meat shields to soak up the damage. The simplest army is archers AND barbarians, not just archers. I'm baffled why you would use only archers??

You also must be raiding at poor times - it is my experience that early morning and late afternoon/early evening are bad times to raid, as well as weekends. I average 0-30 nexts to get a decent 100+/100+ easy raid between 1600-1800 trophies if I raid during the day or in the evenings.

BARCHing (barbarian/archer) doesn't need wallbreakers either, and with the new Barb King skill you get a free rage which makes busting walls even easier.

Colocho

Banned
Basically every iPhone game I play has a 15 second ad that plays all the time for this (and Candy Crush), but I never really paid much attention to it, now that I find out it uses a "pay-to-win model, I have no interest in it.

Agkel

Nice to see an OT on this great game. Remember to upgrade all your buildings to max lvl before upping your townhalls!

While I'm at it, I actually like the IAP tactic in this game - it is incredibly non-pervasive and non-intrusive, there aren't any ads, nada. You can get the 2 additional builders by completing missions that reward a surprisingly fair amount. The 5th builder takes time (cutting grass, trees, whatever for gems), but is reasonably doable. Really, the only reason you'd want to buy gems is if you're busy irl and just want to speed things up. There is no paid items that give you an edge over any other player, just speed ups and shields. That's really not that bad compared to the multitudes of other iap models. I cannot say the same for the top players in Clash, though.

I'm speaking from a town hall 6, and can confirm from my town hall 8 and 9 irl friends that they hasn't spent a dime.
They're incredibly freugal, so I can believe them without question.
It does take time to accrue the necessary gold/elixers, but raiding4loot is just part of the game.

Incorrect, read my previous post on the break down of cost and time for mid/high level play. And there's no fucking way in hell youll actually get the last 2 builders in any considerable amount of time. I have a total of 544 gems, having spent only 112 gems. So without spending any money I have had access to 656 gems in 6 months of play give or take. The fourth builder costs 1000 gems and the 5th one cost 2000 gems. Also keep in mind I got the 250 bonus gems for reaching crystal league, which is a pain in the ass to do.

And of course, one does not need to pay any real money, when waiting 4 or 5 days for an upgrade is available, but at that point you have to ask what are you doing with your time? Surely you have tons of other available games that dont make you wait days to tap for a few pixel shinnies.

You will start to feel the pay wall once you hit the later parts of TH7, let alone when you actually hit TH8 and above where walls cost upward of 1 mill to upgrade a single one.

TheGamer

For one thing, all archers is bad. You need meat shields to soak up the damage. The simplest army is archers AND barbarians, not just archers. I'm baffled why you would use only archers??

You also must be raiding at poor times - it is my experience that early morning and late afternoon/early evening are bad times to raid, as well as weekends. I average 0-30 nexts to get a decent 100+/100+ easy raid between 1600-1800 trophies if I raid during the day or in the evenings.

BARCHing (barbarian/archer) doesn't need wallbreakers either, and with the new Barb King skill you get a free rage which makes busting walls even easier.

Agree. I don't see how he is getting 90% on raids using only archers, unless he was still on the bronze league. Having only archers won't allow him to enter the heart of the village where splash damage will take them all out. Plus archers suck at breaking down walls, especially at level 7 or higher.

Basically every iPhone game I play has a 15 second ad that plays all the time for this (and Candy Crush), but I never really paid much attention to it, now that I find out it uses a "pay-to-win model, I have no interest in it.

You don't necessary have to pay to win. I've played and enjoyed the game for about 5 to 6 months and have a high level base. The only money I spent on the game was ten dollars to get five builders, but other than that you don't have to spend any money. In addition, it has no ads, so you don't have to watch an ad or something to play. In my opinion, I think this is one of the best FREE game out there.

Incorrect, read my previous post on the break down of cost and time for mid/high level play. And there's no fucking way in hell youll actually get the last 2 builders in any considerable amount of time. I have a total of 544 gems, having spent only 112 gems. So without spending any money I have had access to 656 gems in 6 months of play give or take. The fourth builder costs 1000 gems and the 5th one cost 2000 gems. Also keep in mind I got the 250 bonus gems for reaching crystal league, which is a pain in the ass to do.

And of course, one does not need to pay any real money, when waiting 4 or 5 days for an upgrade is available, but at that point you have to ask what are you doing with your time? Surely you have tons of other available games that dont make you wait days to tap for a few pixel shinnies.

You will start to feel the pay wall once you hit the later parts of TH7, let alone when you actually hit TH8 and above where walls cost upward of 1 mill to upgrade a single one.

You get gems by completing achievements. If you hit masters you get 1,000 gems. Further, you don't need to spend money in order to advance. You just have to have patience. I have one Hidden Tesla being upgraded and I still have 8 days left on it. What am I doing my remaining time? I'm raiding and trying to gather resources to plan out my next upgrades. Also, if you are raiding effectively, your raid loot will far exceed your army cost. My army cost at the moment is around 90k and i'm bringing in around 300k in elixir. That's plus 210k in surplus. Furthermore, if I completely wipe out my army, it takes around 22 or so minutes to fill up my army camp. Not that bad for a free game.

Agkel

I dont mean this as an insult, but you are playing at a very low level. Wall 6 and up require wallbreakers if you're using entry level army (barbarians, archers) or like you say meat shields, but if you're using meatshields then your strat changes, your build time increases and your cost of troop increases, therefore your returns diminish and well I for one prefer to maximize my returns. You must be very lucky to constantly get good raids on a continuous basis, grats on that.

All archers strat works perfectly fine, like I said I have a 99.3% success rate and an 92% destruction rate on 373 raids and I reached Crystal league with this strat only. It takes a while to learn how to use it properly but it is one of the most effective cost/time wise until you hit TH10.

Not gonna lie. I have no desire to play this game, but am still happy every time the Hog rider commercial comes on tv. Haven't seen it in a while though.

I dont mean this as an insult, but you are playing at a very low level. Wall 6 and up require wallbreakers if you're using entry level army (barbarians, archers) or like you say meat shields, but if you're using meatshields then your strat changes, your build time increases and your cost of troop increases, therefore your returns diminish and well I for one prefer to maximize my returns. You must be very lucky to constantly get good raids on a continuous basis, grats on that.

All archers strat works perfectly fine, like I said I have a 99.3% success rate and an 92% destruction rate on 373 raids and I reached Crystal league with this strat only. It takes a while to learn how to use it properly but it is one of the most effective cost/time wise until you hit TH10.

I can't fathom how you can access someone's inner mortar(s) with just archers.

Two of my level 3 lightening strikes will not take out a mortar.

this game has no clan interaction

Huh? Chatting with, donating, receiving, and sharing videos with your clan is awesome.

butts

Low level? Really?

You must be really bad at chosing raids dude, plain and simple. There are HEAPS of bases in the 1600 - 1800 range that are raidable with barch that don't require wallbreakers at all, and a lot of those are 100%-able and offering 200k+ each.

All archers costs more elixer and time than barch does, BTW

Agkel

I can't fathom how you can access someone's inner mortar(s) with just archers.

Two of my level 3 lightening strikes will not take out a mortar.

I have lv 4 lighting strikes and I directly answered you previously on the exact strat on how to get to inner mortars.

Low level? Really?

You must be really bad at chosing raids dude, plain and simple. There are HEAPS of bases in the 1600 - 1800 range that are raidable with barch that don't require wallbreakers at all, and a lot of those are 100%-able and offering 200k+ each.

All archers costs more elixer and time than barch does, BTW

Yes, low level. When you trophy farm at that range, if you even are trophy farming, that is low level.

You get gems by completing achievements. If you hit masters you get 1,000 gems. Further, you don't need to spend money in order to advance. You just have to have patience. I have one Hidden Tesla being upgraded and I still have 8 days left on it. What am I doing my remaining time? I'm raiding and trying to gather resources to plan out my next upgrades. Also, if you are raiding effectively, your raid loot will far exceed your army cost. My army cost at the moment is around 90k and i'm bringing in around 300k in elixir. That's plus 210k in surplus. Furthermore, if I completely wipe out my army, it takes around 22 or so minutes to fill up my army camp. Not that bad for a free game.

You know how hard it is to reach master? I have played for ~ 6 month and barely made it to Crystal III (which is only 250 gems rewards), at that point there's no cheesing to climb up to Master.

Look, some of you guys obviously dont mind it, and hey, thats your prerogative but I present you numbers. If you still think the game is worth your "time" thats ok, but there is no denying that there's a huge and glaringly obvious pay wall that hits you hard once you reach TH7, TH8. Unless you dont value your time, but that's a whole nother conversation.

With that, I'll leave the thread. I dont want to be perceived as "shit posting". Just wanted to point out to those fresh to the game, what to expect on late game and give some numbers on it.

butts

I have lv 4 lighting strikes and I directly answered you previously on the exact strat on how to get to inner mortars.

That is incredibly inefficient (using spells with a low level army)

Yes, low level. When you trophy farm at that range, if you even are trophy farming, that is low level.

That is not a trophy farming range, that is a resource farming range...

You know how hard it is to reach master? I have played for ~ 6 month and barely made it to Crystal III (which is only 250 gems rewards), at that point there's no cheesing to climb up to Master.

I agree Master is hard to hit unless you cook expensive armies, but you can easily get to Crystal III just by town hall sniping. If you barely made it to Crystal III but are saying I'm low level... wow

Look, some of you guys obviously dont mind it, and hey, thats your prerogative but I present you numbers. If you still think the game is worth your "time" thats ok, but there is no denying that there's a huge and glaringly obvious pay wall that hits you hard once you reach TH7, TH8. Unless you dont value your time, but that's a whole nother conversation.

With that, I'll leave the thread. I dont want to be perceived as "shit posting". Just wanted to point out to those fresh to the game, what to expect on late game and give some numbers on it.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion but you are throwing around your "numbers" like you are some kind of expert when CLEARLY you are not, and you are trying to dissuade people from playing the game instead of experiencing it themselves.

TheGamer

Well depending on your TH. I'm at TH8 and I made it up to masters 3. Is it tough, yes, but you can still get trophies by one or two starring people. That's how I got up there. Hog riders are amazing going through the crystal league. My TH sucked to stay in masters cause I didn't have an X-bow or an inferno tower so there was no way of defending from their max troops, but I was able to get up there. It just takes a little bit of time and finding the right strategy for each league you're moving across.

Agkel

That is incredibly inefficient (using spells with a low level army)

You can repeat over and over that it is inneficient, it doesnt make it true though. My success rate numbers on the other hand...

That is not a trophy farming range, that is a resource farming range...

Resource farming IS called trophy farming, you intentionally drop your trophies in order to get easier raids you can kill easy/fast.

I agree Master is hard to hit unless you cook expensive armies, but you can easily get to Crystal III just by town hall sniping. If you barely made it to Crystal III but are saying I'm low level... wow

Good luck getting to Crystal III TH sniping before you reach TH7, which was my point, that it takes time to earn gems to buy the builders.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion but you are throwing around your "numbers" like you are some kind of expert when CLEARLY you are not, and you are trying to dissuade people from playing the game instead of experiencing it themselves.

Again no personal insult intended, but you keep showing inexperience with what you say. The reason I present numbers is because I like to min/max, theory craft etc in game and it was part of the notes I took during the process. Not only that but I believe that if I categorically want to make a statement, like Im doing now, I need something to back it up. Not just say, nah this game is cool and totally free of F2P hooks because of "magic".

butts

I don't know what to say, I guess we are playing 2 different games. Not sure where you are getting your numbers from but they aren't from the game I'm playing.

GobFather

Been playing for a few months... It's getting expensive now lol. This is my base, trying to finish my defenses and wall before going to next townhall.

Rlan

Photo%20Feb%2012%2C%2011%2004%2020%20AM.png

That's my clan.

I've actually got a good thing going. Even at this late stage, I always have enough Elixr, Dark Elixr or cash to upgrade something. If I have enough cash to upgrade a big thing, I'll upgrade that then and there. Still got a lot of smaller things (like hidden Teslas) if I don't have much cash.

I've been playing for about a year, and I really enjoy attacking people on a regular basis. Hog Riders are awesome for destroying all the defenses. Still have trouble with attacking those with the Fire Beam Towers set to multiple targets.

Arcayne

Hrm, I'm assuming you've accrued more gems than that..right? Under less than 3 months of play time, I've gotten 500gems (spent on 3rd builder) and an additional 537 right now - without reaching crystal league -, totaling all the gems I've earned at 1037. 656 gems in 6 months seems overly stretched, unless you forgot to add in the 500 gems there. But that would still make your total at 1156 gems overall in 6 months, which still seems little compared to your play time and mine. Anyways, just an interesting tidbit I noticed.

Of course, the 5th builder costs considerably more and may encourage IAPs, but I haven't even given it a thought to purchase gems period just for an extra builder. Not an issue at all there. And yes, surely I do have other games, work, activities to do within the 4-5 days that I am waiting for an upgrade. You come off as assuming I look at my iPad religiously for the 4-5 days - the satirical comment/questionaire were incredibly unnecessary.

I'll see how bad this paywall is when I hit th7, thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom