• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Ghosts already hacked on Ps3 (Pics inside)

Weenerz

Banned
How have the PC versions of CoD been with this kind of shit? Ghosts is the first one I'm buying on PC, wondering if I just pissed away $50.

There will be hacking in every multiplayer pc game, I wouldn't worry about it.

Did they release a video of this aimbot in action, or just a video of some dude talking about it?

Calmine

How have the PC versions of CoD been with this kind of shit? Ghosts is the first one I'm buying on PC, wondering if I just pissed away $50.

Yeah pretty much any PC game has hackers when it comes to MP. MW3 on PC had shit load of modded unranked servers. Not buying ghosts as it won't have a FOV slider which is retarded since Blops2 had one.

There will be hacking in every multiplayer pc game, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've been playing PC games online since Dark Forces 2, I've never played a game that was completely destroyed by hackers as a whole. Someone cheating here and there is one thing, but I've heard people say some previous CoDs became completely unplayable because they became so overrun. I'm hoping that was just hyperbole and the cheaters aren't any more abundant than any other game.

Hip Hop

PC is by far the worst of the versions when it comes to hacking in IW games. Both MW2, and MW3 are unplayable. A few hackers is one thing in a game, but COD attracts pretty much a big substantial numbers that completely ruins the whole game . Treyarch has had a good track record with their versions. Black Ops 2, the game that didn't come with server browsers has been pretty much clean up to this point.

Compare MW2 and MW3 in the console versions and it's almost a night and day difference.

I hope IW cleans up the mess this time on PC.

Nokterian

PC is by far the worst of the versions when it comes to hacking in IW games. Both MW2, and MW3 are unplayable. A few hackers is one thing in a game, but COD attracts pretty much a big substantial numbers that completely ruins the whole game . Treyarch has had a good track record with their versions. Black Ops 2, the game that didn't come with server browsers has been pretty much clean up to this point.

Compare MW2 and MW3 in the console versions and it's almost a night and day difference.

I hope IW cleans up the mess this time on PC.

PCDev from Treyarch still swinging with the banhammer and they do good work of it and i was very pleased with that in Black Ops 2. But yeah IW has a bad record also on pc for not banning hackers and what not. There will be dedi servers just like Black Ops 2 and i do hope there gonna ban loads of them. Those people don't deserve to play it to ruin a game.

Its things like this that remind me how far psn is behind xbox live....xbox live is by no means perfect but there are so many games on the ps3 that are so broken u dont even bother to go online

krs.png

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
another reason why microsoft wanted always online

Dr.Acula

Banned
Man, the audio in the OP, of the dude being all "you're ruining the game" is a little much. Their hack is an XP boost. Everyone in the world is gonna be lvl 60 in a month, and any players that get level 60 on day one are gonna stick out like sore thumbs and get banned. I don't think that's a real biggie.

Lol, some of you guys are nuts.

I like how he didn't come back to the thread.

idk man, how many of you own Modern Warfare 1 or 2 on PS3?

Go ahead and pop it in. Play like five matches and tell me you aren't super jumping and one-shotting by the third

Man, the audio in the OP, of the dude being all "you're ruining the game" is a little much. Their hack is an XP boost. Everyone in the world is gonna be lvl 60 in a month, and any players that get level 60 on day one are gonna stick out like sore thumbs and get banned. I don't think that's a real biggie.

Yeah but I think other than the XP boost, it says in the OP theres wall hacking and aimbots, which is way worse than just shooting to high level.

angelic

Banned
more reasons to abandon current gen cod, that and the 12 player limit. i play this pool game online and its destroyed by cheaters too, and they post youtube videos of it.

zeelman

IW said a lot of these problems will be fixed in the day one patch. They have to make all the copies a few weeks before the game is released, and they continue to work on the game during that time.

test_account

XP-39C²
Latest 2 were ass creed 3 and f12012

f1 the top 3 players in the lobby must have chitty chitty bang bang mode or we had mark webbers pit crew as they were putting in laptimes almost a minute faster and appeared to not have to slow down for any corner or get knocked off the road

ass creed 3 ....my son was killed by a basket of fish and one of the other players could kill people by just bumping them

both games by no means are perfect examples of good programming but both games I play on 360 and have not had the same issues.
This isnt a PSN issue though. Its the games themself that get hacked and are cheated on, its not not that PSN is far behind Xbox Live because these things are done on the consoles itself. Games can get hacked on Xbox 360, as others have already mentioned.

Jburton

Banned

Go ahead and pop it in. Play like five matches and tell me you aren't super jumping and one-shotting by the third

I'm not doubting it's hacked, I was doubting its only ps3 as our friend implied.

Pain

Banned
Played Black Ops 1 and MW3 just two weeks ago. Didn't see any hackers.

I doubt Ghosts is hacked. These people will get banned and that will be the end of it.

test_account

XP-39C²
I wonder how actively they will ban people who use these hacks. I remember on Black Ops 2, there were so many people who did the prestige hack. The leaderboard on Modern Warfare 3 (maybe on Black Ops 2, i cant remember) is also a complete mess. Sort of pointless with a leaderboard when there are so many hackers and the developers does nothing to clean up the leaderboards.

Pain

Banned
more reasons to abandon current gen cod, that and the 12 player limit. i play this pool game online and its destroyed by cheaters too, and they post youtube videos of it.
So you actually played 9v9? How can you tolerate the horrible frame drops and freezing?

Its things like this that remind me how far psn is behind xbox live....xbox live is by no means perfect but there are so many games on the ps3 that are so broken u dont even bother to go online

PSN may have broken MP games but I'd rather deal with that then have to put up with modders, hackers, lag switching and ghost accounts. You obviously haven't played Halo4, Gears3, or any COD game on Xbox live.

I still play MW1/2 occasionally. Hacking in MW1 is pretty rare, I've seen some wallhackers only a few times, and not much aim-botting that I could see. MW2 is much worse, but we're still only talking about 1/20 matches with super jumping, maybe 1/10 with some type of aimbotting/lag switching, and very very rarely you'll have someone who's completely broken the game and is one-shot killing people across the map with a shotgun are shooting people through walls with an M21. I just leave the game when that happens.

I wonder how actively they will ban people who use these hacks. I remember on Black Ops 2, there were so many people who did the prestige hack. The leaderboard on Modern Warfare 3 (maybe on Black Ops 2, i cant remember) is also a complete mess. Sort of pointless with a leaderboard when there are so many hackers and the developers does nothing to clean up the leaderboards.

Leaderboards on any remotely popular games on any platform are always a mess, though. I don't care about most of the modding/hacking in many games until it affects my ability to enjoy it... like aimbots and such. Having people at max level or with different colored names is fine, but aimbots need to be taken care of quickly.

test_account

XP-39C²
Wii/PS2 version?
The guy in the picture probably used some wallhack and got to a place where no player were suppose to be, so there arent any detailed textures there. That is my guess at least. The gun in that picture looks kinda lowres too though, so it kinda looks like a Wii/PS2 game in that picture indeed :)

test_account

XP-39C²
Leaderboards on any remotely popular games on any platform are always a mess, though. I don't care about most of the modding/hacking in many games until it affects my ability to enjoy it... like aimbots and such. Having people at max level or with different colored names is fine, but aimbots need to be taken care of quickly.
Yeah, Call of Duty isnt unique to have a messed up leaderboard, that is true. I wish that the developers did more to try keeping a clean leaderboard. I remember that Killzone 2 leaderboard was very clean when i played it, i dont think i saw one cheater. Now that the PS3 is hacked however, maybe things are different (i havnt played Killzone 2 in quite some time).

Zafir

Never understood hacking/cheating, where's the fun in that?

Depends on the reason why you're hacking. I think it's unfair to paint all hacking with the same brush. People hack for many reasons, not just to ruin other peoples day.

The servers with flying warfare? Some people just might want to fly around shooting stuff and as long as that isn't forced on me, I'm good. I know Left 4 Dead used to allow you to just join official dedicated servers if you wanted to just play the game without mods which I always thought was a good feature. Never did like most of the mods people had on servers in that game.

Hacking to annoy/troll people? Same reason people troll on forums etc. I don't particularly understand the love of trolling either, but some people must just like seeing people rage.

uberluigi

Banned
Depends on the reason why you're hacking. I think it's unfair to paint all hacking with the same brush. People hack for many reasons, not just to ruin other peoples day.

The servers with flying warfare? Some people just might want to fly around shooting stuff and as long as that isn't forced on me, I'm good. I know Left 4 Dead used to allow you to just join official dedicated servers if you wanted to just play the game without mods which I always thought was a good feature. Never did like most of the mods people had on servers in that game.

Hacking to annoy/troll people? Same reason people troll on forums etc. I don't particularly understand the love of trolling either, but some people must just like seeing people rage.

Hacking or modding a game to futher the games experience is fine by me but hacking in order to win and get a unfair advantage over players are considered losers.

8byte

Banned
Well thank goodness we have all that homebrew on PS3(and apparently 360) guys! It never has any adverse consequences.

I'm all for people writing their own programs, but I never understood why people didn't just stick to PC instead of putting closed environments in jeopardy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That video was cringeworthy. Between the uploader saying he knows a higher-up in Microsoft to the "hacker" claiming to be messing up his router, it sounded identical to some of the nonsense I'd hear in the SOCOM lobbies back in the day.

One bloke on my MSN friends list back in the day used would regularly claim to be an "MSN administrator". He would say he could prove it by forcing me to sign out, but of course he never actually went through with this, and I distinctly remember him changing his name to "[Whatever-it-was] (MSN adminstation)" -- something tells me an MSN administrator would know how to spell "administration".

Abandon ship, onto the next gen we go!

In all seriousness though, that 360 video someone just posted was really bad in terms of how badly the hacker was ruining it for others.

PSN may have broken MP games but I'd rather deal with that then have to put up with modders, hackers, lag switching and ghost accounts. You obviously haven't played Halo4, Gears3, or any COD game on Xbox live.

i understand people call out the games as the issue but the real issue is that on psn the idiots simply create a new account and they are back to being idiots again....even console bans on ps3 are easily bypassed

Xbox live however costs people money to get back online so even if idiot 1 gets banned he will either have to have a shitload of 48 hour gold passes or they just console ban him which is usually the first and last punishment that give for cod hackers the xbox moderator are far more active than on psn

An yes i do know about the halo...gears....cod wow black ops lobbies..i steer clear of them..which is one of the reasons why i try out games like F1 or assassins creed online expecting it not to be hacked

as bad as a paywall for multiplayer sounds i hope the fact that xbone using dedicated servers and ps4 using ps+ results in less hacking.

Top Bottom