• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: Ghosts MP reveal 14 Aug

farisr

Really hoping it turns out fun (and hope the map design isn't like MW3). Me and my friends were ready to move on from COD. But have no real choice anymore due to it being one of the only series on PS/Xbox consoles these days that still offers splitscreen options for offline and online.

Krakn3Dfx

Oh, another Call of Duty Tidbit of FPS Goodness has been promised to the masses, how nice.
tumblr_m2utte9l7e1rtfiewo1_500.gif

Really hoping it turns out fun. Me and my friend were ready to move on from COD. But have no real choice anymore due to it being one of the only series' on PS/Xbox consoles these days that still offers splitscreen options for offline and online.
I wish more games would have offline splitscreen. I also want COD to have offline splitscreen with bots.

Toa TAK

Banned
Oh, another Call of Duty Tidbit of FPS Goodness has been promised to the masses, how nice.
tumblr_m2utte9l7e1rtfiewo1_500.gif

Exactly.

Especially after we've gotten a BioShock bomb, my interest is somewhere else at the moment.

Plus, I just pre-ordered Ghosts. I'll be playing the game regardless of how the MP is.

I'm rooting for a cooperative fishing mode that involves teams swimming to move the fish into nets, complete with killstreaks.

farisr

I also want COD to have offline splitscreen with bots.

Wording is funny sometimes. I'm going to assume that sentence meant "I'm also getting COD because it has offline splitscreen with bots."

(The way you wrote it, it can also mean "I really want COD to have bots featured in offline splitscreen")

Wording is funny sometimes. I'm going to assume that sentence meant "I'm also getting COD because it has offline splitscreen with bots."

(The way you wrote it, it can also mean "I really want COD to have bots featured in offline splitscreen")

This is what I meant.

I'm beating they will show off what we already know and on top of that..Kill-streaks will be much harder to get and have less time. Sometimes I feel that some kill-streaks last for minutes on end like damn, we respawned 5 times and this shit is still up there?

Krakn3Dfx

Something something about concentrating all of their effort on the XBox 360 and XBox One for the multiplayer component of the game, while the PS3/PS4 versions will ship with the single player campaign only, and that multiplayer will be added early Q1 2014.

Then Biff steals the DeLorean...again, travels into the past, gives his young self another sports stat book, young Biff buys Activision in 2008, and now you have to put your Call of Duty figurine on the SandBag Of Power to play, and here's Doc Brown, Marty, we gotta go back!

And so begins the next Back To The Future trilogy. You're welcome Zemeckis.

SMZC

Yes. Excited for this. This will be when we finally get the chance to see how the game really is. Hopefully there are exciting new additions that give the series some fresh air, even if the basic formula remains the same.

this will probably be the on that finally make me stop, with bf4 at 60fps i have no excuse anymore.. unless they really surprise me off course but i cant stand the p2p bs anymore.

I just want the maps to have more verticality again like MW2. I want that batshit insanity-ness that was present in MW2 matches. There were long areas to run through where you could get shot, sometimes even from above or below. All the CODs afterwards have had small corner ridden corridor maps which I think make it less hectic and less fun.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I hope they have a recon drone and the different strike packages again, I loved that little helicopter in MW3, in any sort of extended match that thing could rake in the points via assists, and the support strike package was a god send to those of us that don't get to survive long. That and infection, countless hours spent hiding and running away from people, lol.

Saying that, I look forward to seeing what overpowered and broken nonsense is in this game, BO2 really tried taking some of that stuff to a new level.

I just want the maps to have more verticality again like MW2. I want that batshit insanity-ness that was present in MW2 matches. There were long areas to run through where you could get shot, sometimes even from above or below. All the CODs afterwards have had small corner ridden corridor maps which I think make it less hectic and less fun.

Same here, there is a ridiculous lack of verticality in recent CoD games. This talk of the pre-order map in one building that slowly collapses worries me that the maps aren't going to get any bigger though, just more small maps that are a little more dynamic, which means more sniper rifles being used like shotguns.

Cool, looking forward to it. I wonder if they'll show footage from both the PS3/360 version and PS4/One version. I want to know how different the "new engine" is.

Spoiler: new weapons, new skins, new killstreaks, new perks, new equipment, new maps, wall peeking, sliding instead of diving.

Top Bottom