• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Ghosts post-patch has lag/framerate issues on Xbox One so I'm not buying the DLC

I've only played bot matches on PS4 but no issues here.

Personally I'm very happy, they fixed the custom game recipe default load out issue, and adding custom load outs to infection makes it 1 million times more fun.

You bought the game knowing it would be crap and full of problems. You wanted more CODBLOPS, you got more CODBLOPS.

What?

Unlike BF4, Ghosts hasn't had many bugs at all, and runs very smoothly online. That's what's so annoying about this patch. It's made things buggier and less smooth.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Ok who bought the wolf? Own up now.

I did... and he's fucking rad.

I played this game a bunch of 360 and then transitioned over to Xbox One... Xbox One I think has always had less than stellar frame rate issues - hiccuping and everything else.

Munki

I have run into some of the same issues as well such as the gamin loading straight into the first mission. The major issue seems to be with MP, loadouts not loading as well as the already discussed frame rate issue (I've only noticed it on the new level with the church, especially while in the valley).

shandy706

The game was gifted to me over the holidays or I wouldn't have it.

However, I didn't notice anything wrong with it yesterday...when did the patch hit? It did say "installing" for a second when I started it up yesterday.

Also, there are NO EXCUSES for this game to run at less than 60fps...heck..it should be running at 120fps even on the X1 hardware. Graphically it's the least impressive game I have on the system....such bland textures, lighting, environments...etc.

antitrop

However, I didn't notice anything wrong with it yesterday...when did the patch hit? It did say "installing" for a second when I started it up yesterday.

Also, there are NO EXCUSES for this game to run at less than 60fps...heck..it should be running at 120fps even on the X1 hardware. Graphically it's the least impressive game I have on the system....such bland textures, lighting, environments...etc.
Ghosts on PC looks okay, but it's buggy and un optimized dogshit.

The patch hit on Tuesday. The framerate is not a mess on every map, but there seem to be more occasions where it dips, when it did not prior to the patch. On maps like Stonehaven, where the framerate was already a little shaky on XB1, it's now very shaky.

Rourkey

I'm on xbone and have not seen any frame rate issues saying it this evening, it did start the campaign up though when I loaded it up but I didn't think anything of it at the time

Pinbot

Banned
I'm on Xbone and have noticed that the frame rate is now really really bad.

Also I am getting other players' score pop ups on my screen. Like in a killcam, I get the person who killed me's +100 written on the screen.

The frame rate drop is really noticeable. Stonehaven was almost unplayable.

Fans should do something.

maybe I'll tweet to IW. I don't know. $65 season pass just bought. Now this crap.

They released the first map pack for Ghosts this week. With it came the latest patch. Lots of small fixes, etc.

So I boot up the XB1 version post patch, and immediately it loads my campaign save and puts me into a mission! Hmm, ok, not sure why that happened. Guess I'll quit out of that.

Select multiplayer and away we go. Get into my first multiplayer match and soon after I notice the framerate feels less stable. Hmm, ok. Then I see a random scoring bug, where it shows points I shouldn't have gotten. Hmm. Then I get into another map and it's got even more serious framerate issues!

Quit the match and turn it off.

What a fantastic way to encourage DLC sales! Make the entire game run worse and have new bugs to coincide with the first map pack! I was going to buy the map pack tonight, but they won't be happening until this shit is fixed. Fucking ridiculous.

So this is slightly what happened to me as well... I loaded the game after patching and downloading the dlc, and the game loaded into Campaign mode. the mission was loading and got 3/4 of the way loaded and then stopped loading the rest of the way...

I then exided to the homescreen and quite the game. now everytime i load ghosts i get a black screen... FML

Nokterian

I was actually surprised it took until 2010 for a developer to take that name. But it makes perfect sense in the context of what happened.

Someone else said something like this somewhere. When they all left IW and the made a new studio called Respawn and with there shooter called Titanfall it's more of blink towards CoD and make that titan fall or something pretty genius if you think of that.

But yeah what you said that studio should be renamed it isn't IW anymore.

MrBlonde

They released the first map pack for Ghosts this week. With it came the latest patch. Lots of small fixes, etc.

So I boot up the XB1 version post patch, and immediately it loads my campaign save and puts me into a mission! Hmm, ok, not sure why that happened. Guess I'll quit out of that.

Select multiplayer and away we go. Get into my first multiplayer match and soon after I notice the framerate feels less stable. Hmm, ok. Then I see a random scoring bug, where it shows points I shouldn't have gotten. Hmm. Then I get into another map and it's got even more serious framerate issues!

Quit the match and turn it off.

What a fantastic way to encourage DLC sales! Make the entire game run worse and have new bugs to coincide with the first map pack! I was going to buy the map pack tonight, but they won't be happening until this shit is fixed. Fucking ridiculous.

Exact same thing happened to me and my kd is slowly going down these last couple days! I could be having an off day or two but I am thinking these new problems are not helping.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Haven't noticed any frame rate issues with my Xbox one version but the auto load into the campaign is a pain in the ass. Seem to be lagging a bit more but can be because of the weekend.

The framerate goes to shit whenever there's smoke or fire. That's why it's so noticeable on Stonehaven because you often spawn by all that wreckage.

The new map where you can blow the bridge out (don't know the name yet) also suffers, because that smoke will tank your framerate and, unlike Stonehaven, that's sort of an important bit to traverse.

I've honestly just kind of not bothered with it since the patch. I might be getting a PS4 before DriveClub hits at this rate. >_<

Pinbot

Banned
So is there any way to not get loaded straight into the campaign on booting now?

Damn annoying having to sit through the campaign loading screen, pause, quit, and go back to the main menu. Nice one IW.

Lol.

On a side note, seems this Infinity Ward really is a shadow of its former self.

It's been fairly obvious for a while now that Treyarch are the main team for COD. IW is now nothing more than a symbolic gesture by Acti to keep the name of the studio who made the series what it is in the public consciousness...

I've honestly just kind of not bothered with it since the patch. I might be getting a PS4 before DriveClub hits at this rate. >_<

*Looks at username*

*Recalls that New Zealand has a stockpile of PS4s waiting to be sold*

You're the one who lives near a stockpile of unwanted and unsold PS4s right? Shouldn't be too hard to get one if and when the switch happens lol.

Odrion

Banned
First it was EA wanting Battlefield to be more like Call of Duty, now it's vice versa!
Cant believe a god tier dev like IW has turned into this.
They are Infinity Ward only in name. A lot of the talent left when Zampella and West were fired.

geordiemp

I play Ghosts Ps4 and you get the same stutter sometimes when you ADS certain optics on guns in some maps....maybe with effects / explosions going on, its fairly uncommon but it happens when ads maybe 2 or 3 times a game on some maps like Stonehaven,,,,

I have seen the same effect in Drift0r videos pre-patch on xbone (yes I know its 30 fps on you tube, but it still stutters in same / similar circumstances).

Sad to hear its got worse, but I honestly think its a bug in FOV / Optics changes when ADS on both next gen consoles (in my opinion)

Thoughts ?

I play Ghosts Ps4 and you get the same stutter sometimes when you ADS certain optics on guns in some maps....maybe with effects / explosions going on, its fairly uncommon but it happens when ads maybe 2 or 3 times a game on some maps like Stonehaven,,,,

I have seen the same effect in Drift0r videos pre-patch on xbone (yes I know its 30 fps on you tube, but it still stutters in same / similar circumstances).

Sad to hear its got worse, but I honestly think its a bug in FOV / Optics changes when ADS on both next gen consoles (in my opinion)

Thoughts ?

It's not a bug. The effect used when ADS on certain optical attachments requires more processing power, and thus it affects the framerate.

Stonehaven is the worse performing map on every version of the game, and even on the XB1 version it had some slight framerate stutters here and there. After this most recent patch the framerate is abysmal throughout most of the map. The PS4 version has also gotten a little worse, but not to the same degree.

Other maps are also affected, but not with the same severity as Stonehaven.

Top Bottom