• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M | Review Thread

Zing

Banned
I just read the Polygon review for the first time. I feel bad for gamers who may believe what they read and avoid this game. It seemed pretty clear that the reviewer either had no idea what he was doing (RTFM?) or simply despises slower paced strategy games. Either way, as someone who is moderately interested in the genre and has played this game for about eight hours now, I feel this review is absurd, false, and actively harmful. It should not be read by anyone, let alone be the basis of a purchasing decision.

Lum1n3s

What's a good review out there that describes the game accurately? I'm interested in buying it but want to make sure that I'm not reading arbitrary crap like Polygon's review.

eznark

Banned
What's a good review out there that describes the game accurately? I'm interested in buying it but want to make sure that I'm not reading arbitrary crap like Polygon's review.

US Gamer's review is good, and Kat Bailey is pretty much the voice for RPG's.

Shiggy

I was really turned off by the visuals initially. Having played the demo, I quite enjoyed it actually. How many missions does the full game have? Are enemies respawning on most or all levels?

I didn't really have an issue with the enemy speed in the demo.

Dryk

I was really turned off by the visuals initially. Having played the demo, I quite enjoyed it actually. How many missions does the full game have? Are enemies respawning on most or all levels?

I didn't really have an issue with the enemy speed in the demo.
As far as I remember there's 16 chapters with about 30 missions.

Enemies spawn on most levels, if not at the beginning then after a certain number of turns. I was turned off by it initially but while it remains annoying in places throughout the game it's the most obnoxious right at the beginning when you don't have enough units to deal with it properly.

Top Bottom