• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! May |OT| Round 2! FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I have really enjoyed the new Ultimate comics Spider-man and the Avenging Spider-man so I thought I might start jumping into amazing Spider-man... but this is what I hate about comics, where do I start?

Can I just jump on at #648 for the "Big Time" storyline or do I need to go back further? Also what is the "Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth #1" that just came out. Can I just start reading that on it's own or does it tie into the Amazing Spider-Man story?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Arrived over lunch!

1d1b38649f7111e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

Owzers

Ok so I have really enjoyed the new Ultimate comics Spider-man and the Avenging Spider-man so I thought I might start jumping into amazing Spider-man... but this is what I hate about comics, where do I start?

Can I just jump on at #648 for the "Big Time" storyline or do I need to go back further? Also what is the "Amazing Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth #1" that just came out. Can I just start reading that on it's own or does it tie into the Amazing Spider-Man story?

Big Time is a pretty good place to jump on. Ends of the Earth is the next "big" story for ASM after Spider-Island. I'd just jump on with Ends of the Earth and save the cash, but i didn't like Spider-Island at all and the previous issues through Big Time were good but nothing earth shattering.

ASM Ultimate Collection TPB starting with Big Time on comes out in June, http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Big-Time-Ultimate-Collection/dp/0785162178/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337187970&sr=8-2, a lot of ASM is also on Marvel Digital Comics Unlimted.

Nesotenso

Amazing Spider-man #648 is a perfect place to jump on for ASM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Big_Time

After 101 issues of a run called "Brand New Day" , Dan Slott took over as the sole writer for Amazing Spider-man with 648. The Ends of the Earth issue is a one shot which deals with an ongoing story arc. . Jump on from 648 and then get caught till the current issues.

Did Abnett and Lanning do book reports together too?

Alright Marvels' August solicits are pissing me off, double shipping Ms Marvel and having the Daredevil annual continue in the wolverine annual? Da hell?

shaowebb

Anyone else feel like NEW 52 Supergirl's new outfit looks like she has a solid red maxipad for her shorts pattern? I mean, there is a reason you add waist banding to hero shorts when you use them. And of all things she had to be a character who would require red as the color for her shorts so why shape it like a maxipad? It literally looks like she put on a shirt, a cape and a maxi to go flying around to me.

tbI69.jpg

Is it just me?

Amazing Spider-man #648 is a perfect place to jump on for ASM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Big_Time

After 101 issues of a run called "Brand New Day" , Dan Slott took over as the sole writer for Amazing Spider-man with 648. The Ends of the Earth issue is a one shot which deals with an ongoing story arc. . Jump on from 648 and then get caught till the current issues.

Big Time is a pretty good place to jump on. Ends of the Earth is the next "big" story for ASM after Spider-Island. I'd just jump on with Ends of the Earth and save the cash, but i didn't like Spider-Island at all and the previous issues through Big Time were good but nothing earth shattering.

ASM Ultimate Collection TPB starting with Big Time on comes out in June, http://www.amazon.com/Spider-Man-Big-Time-Ultimate-Collection/dp/0785162178/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337187970&sr=8-2, a lot of ASM is also on Marvel Digital Comics Unlimted.

Thanks guys, I'll try from 648 and see how it goes.

But Brevoort said it's not a reboot or a relaunch just decades of stories that have all been leading up to this!
Oh, I know it's probably neither of those things. But they're definitely planning some sort of massive push for September, with creative team shakeups across the board and new jumping on points in every single book, happening all in one month and with heavy ad campaign promotion.

I think there's gonna be a lot of creative changes, some relaunches, some new books entirely. I know Michael Allred is actually going to be on one of them outside these guest jobs on DD.

No reboots or retcons though, so yay for that.

Nesotenso

I think there's gonna be a lot of creative changes, some relaunches, some new books entirely. I know Michael Allred is actually going to be on one of them outside these guest jobs on DD.

No reboots or retcons though, so yay for that.

he is doing more Marvel work? how do you know that ?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Anyone else feel like NEW 52 Supergirl's new outfit looks like she has a solid red maxipad for her shorts pattern? I mean, there is a reason you add waist banding to hero shorts when you use them. And of all things she had to be a character who would require red as the color for her shorts so why shape it like a maxipad? It literally looks like she put on a shirt, a cape and a maxi to go flying around to me.

[/IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tbI69.jpg[/IMG]

Is it just me?

Nope. The problem is that it doesn't look like it's connected to the rest of the costume.

Guys guys

I just wanna say, it's such an exciting time to read comics. There's so much great stuff coming out. So much worth checking it. There's always gonna be problems in the industry, but honestly, I don't think there's been a better time to enjoy so many different kinds of comics.

Guys guys

I just wanna say, it's such an exciting time to read comics. There's so much great stuff coming out. So much worth checking it. There's always gonna be problems in the industry, but honestly, I don't think there's been a better time to enjoy so many different kinds of comics.

Personally, I'm tired of talking about how shitty everything is in comics. I feel a lot more joy discussing the things I DO like about them. When I get a new issue of Saga, Scalped, or Daredevil, I kinda forget all the other crap.

I don't buy comics that I don't like, so I had nothing to contribute to that other thread. If I don't like a comic I stop buying it, but usually I look at previews first or see how the reviews are before jumping in.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I won't be able to pick up my books till friday, so I just wanna know if there is a letters section in Saga this month?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

tbI69.jpg

Is it just me?

thats a terrible design

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I won't be able to pick up my books till friday, so I just wanna know if there is a letters section in Saga this month?

yea it's letters from when the 1st issue was written.

this book is so good and it's only 3 issues in. ridiculous. it's hard to read and not have a smile on your face the entire time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
why are we still talking about super heroes when Saga 3 and Locke & Key: Clockworks 6 dropped today?

Saga 3 is waiting for me at the shop. I still need to investigate Locke & Key to see if I want to grab it. They STILL can't get me a fucking copy of Saga 1. I'm not happy about this...

Bull

I didn't know Comixology was including all the alt covers. If I had known that I wouldn't have bought physical copies of The Shadow #1.

The new DC books on Comixology have all the alt covers which is great.

Son of Hulk # 12 had alternate covers but they're not included on Comixology. Do the newer Marvel issues (I think Hulk #50 had multiple covers) include them?

Yeah after the no more Avengers storlyplot. Anyone else thinking that this is due to what Scott did in issue one? Does he turn all the world's governments against the Avengers?

Dram

So Men In Black is based off a comic owned by Marvel. I'm surprised they haven't done anything comic book wise with it.

vazel

Banned
I think MIB was from an imprint that Marvel bought(Malibu?). When the movie came out I bought one of the comics and didn't really like it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Fantastic

Also, love that Wolverine is leading his own X-men team, including NuAngel and Xavier!

wolvxmen015_cover-final_02.jpg

iceman has shorts now? what the hell?

tbI69.jpg

Is it just me?

so those are just bands above her knees? are they attached to anything?

Satch

Banned
that guy didn't draw them right, so they don't make much sense

they still don't make much sense when they're drawn correctly:

but you can actually see how the material is supposed to be connected when Mahmud Asrar does it

Ok, just got an email from Amazon that Rachel Rising tpb will not be available so the order is cancelled. So much for pre-ordering a month before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom