• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Was there any round up or any tidbits coming out of Wondercon about Young Animal? Way said he was going to be talking about it over the weekend, but hadn't seen anything yet.

Awesome! Congrats!
Think BC posted some. Russell is doing a backup story in one of the books, some pages from the Allreds' Bug book was shown and more.

dan2026

What is going on with Captain Marvel/Shazam at DC?

Have they even done anything with the character since the start of the new 52?

tim1138

Think BC posted some. Russell is doing a backup story in one of the books, some pages from the Allreds' Bug book was shown and more.

Plus Doom Patrol comes back in July and there's going to be a crossover in the fall to celebrate the first year of the line.

Huh, somehow missed it. I saw some of the DC breakdowns but missed YA.

What is going on with Captain Marvel/Shazam at DC?

Have they even done anything with the character since the start of the new 52?

Nothing! The way they left it we really aren't even sure what powers he has because of stuff during Darkseid War. I wonder if they will pick up with him or if they will just Rebirth it into something different.

Penguin

Seems next Batman arc is a Riddler/joker feud/story

C8ftT7qUMAEPUnd.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/848908005869486080

The first appearance of most villains I'm guessing. Like those old Bat stories where the mobsters and gangs got killed or taken over by the crazies.

King teased this a few issues ago:
And before that too. I wanna say it was when he was visiting Psycho Pirate in issue 16.

I said a little bit about it yeasterday, but I'm hyped. Could be very cool.

Late to the party as usual, but thanks for the new thread Messi/Freeza :)

Plenty to look forward to this month from the front page, The Button, BP The Crew, new xmen (please please not be terrible), godshaper looks really interesting and lets not forget the return of the current greatest black monday murders.

I'm not sure on Metal, I'm hoping with Snyder and Capullo back together it will be as good as his main series run, but it sounds like from his interviews he wants to go full out crazy on the story and that's been whats one of the problems with All Star. No one seems to be reigning him in so the stories are getting more over the top and making less sense. Not to mention the stupid over the top bat gadgets he seemed to have got carried away with ever since All Star started ha.

Managed to find a really cheap graphic novel section in the back of a book shop in a town I was visiting on a day out yesterday. Managed to get 2 volume of Miles man ultimate collection for 9 quid each and the first volume of secret warriors complete collection for a tenner. Comics there hidden everywhere :)

Though I have realized I got miles man ultimate collection 2 and 3, and don't have 1, doh!

Aliens: Dead Orbit

Had the chance to do a really early review for this over at WeirdScience DC if anyone is interested. It's a little spoiler-y but tried to avoid most of the ending stuff.

Main thing I would say is the art in this is absolutely gorgeous. Reminds me a lot of 80's sci-fi anime and manga. Really dug the art a lot. The story itself was a little tropey to start out but overall I really liked the issue.

Aliens:Dead Orbit #1

Joker and the Riddler are going to war?

Went

Seems like this is around or during Zero Year or slightly after it from most of the talks about it.

Even though I enjoyed Snyder's run, I'm utterly uninterested in Metal. Sounds like completely non rebirth and Bat centric.

I wish he would do other characters but it doesn't seem like he's going to move on from Batman anytime soon...

Where is JSA :/.

shingi70

Banned
Biggest thing about this year's Wondercon was the astounding lack of any real news from the big two.

The more I look at it JLA is an Batman and the outsiders book with Justice League branding to get sales.

Sandfox

Biggest thing about this year's Wondercon was the astounding lack of any real news from the big two.

The more I look at it JLA is an Batman and the Putsiders book with Justice League branding to get sales.
There's a reason why they put Batman front and center when they revealed the team.

shingi70

Banned
Because most of the team aren't outsiders.

Neither have most of the outsiders rosters to be fair. It was mostly a team of people with their fair share of problems to do the things the Justice League can't do.

The first story arc of the first outsiders series was the team coming together after Batman quit the Justice League to get Luciucs Foz out of Markova.

Ross61

Neither have most of the outsiders rosters to be fair. It was mostly a team of people with their fair share of problems to do the things the Justice League can't do.

The first story arc of the first outsiders series was the team coming together after Batman quit the Justice League to get Luciucs Foz out of Markova.
What would've made this and a JLA team different.

Malyse

I've read almost 250 comics in the last five days. My (digital) backlog was up to 283 comics and now I've whittled that down to a mere 39.

This doesn't count the things I'm so far behind on that I put them in a folder by themselves. Like Monstress, Doctor Strange, and Jem and the Holograms, all of which I'm on issue 2 (except Strange has "and the Sorcerers Supreme" mixed in because hot damn Nina looks amazing and I preemptively love her)

Messi

I've read almost 250 comics in the last five days. My (digital) backlog was up to 283 comics and now I've whittled that down to a mere 39.

This doesn't count the things I'm so far behind on that I put them in a folder by themselves. Like Monstress, Doctor Strange, and Jem and the Holograms, all of which I'm on issue 2 (except Strange has "and the Sorcerers Supreme" mixed in because hot damn Nina looks amazing and I preemptively love her)

Her look is the only good thing about sorcerers supreme. What a let down.

Also holy shit that's a lot of reading. You should find a community where people actually read comics.

Bii

Um, wow. 250 in less than a week!?

Her look is the only good thing about sorcerers supreme. What a let down.

Also holy shit that's a lot of reading. You should find a community where people actually read comics.
Its one of the cancelled Marvel Now 2.0 books, right?

Heading back into Yakuza 0 tonight. Thinking about just restarting since its been a few weeks...

A part of me thinks that Marvel publishes books that they know won't do week and they'll cancel in less than 10 just so they can put out more trades. I realize it's not true, but a small part of me believes it

Heading back into Yakuza 0 tonight. Thinking about just restarting since its been a few weeks...

I don't have a PS4 but reading through Saya's Yakuza backstory is making me want to watch some cutscenes of Yakuza 0 on YouTube.

Favourite Stephanie era was during her return as Smackdown GM during the initial brand split, but she looked good last night, I'll give her that. I ended up watching the show until the end of the Triple H fight then I tapped out to the 3am sleep deprivation submission. It wasn't the worst show ever. I remember HATING Triple H after he took the belt from Mick Foley back in the day andhow he just wouldn't go away after that, always in title contention but he was probably the guy I was most into seeing last night ha.

I watched the whole thing. It wasn't over until after midnight EST. Between that and NXT Takeover the night before, that's about 10 hours of wrestling this weekend. I legit needed time to recover after that much wrestling. It was a much better show than the last two Wrestlemanias, which were both quite disappointing.

They going in on Marvel on Twitter.

lmao

A part of me thinks that Marvel publishes books that they know won't do well and they'll cancel in less than 10 just so they can put out more trades. I realize it's not true, but a small part of me believes it

I don't know. I mean, they have a really high turnover rate for new books. But at least they do try new things. DC was pretty much the same at one point. Remember how many of the New 52 books got trashed pretty early on? Remember Voodoo?

Sandfox

It's still ongoing.
A part of me thinks that Marvel publishes books that they know won't do week and they'll cancel in less than 10 just so they can put out more trades. I realize it's not true, but a small part of me believes it
There's a lot of reasons for books to be published that we don't wouldn't know about unless someone told us about it. Some of this stuff is planned to end when they do from the beginning as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hate how everyone tries to make Riddler a thing now. Second worst reimagination of this guy right after he became a Detective in the 00er years.

I don't know. I mean, they have a really high turnover rate for new books. But at least they do try new things. DC was pretty much the same at one point. Remember how many of the New 52 books got trashed pretty early on? Remember Voodoo?
Nope. I remember nothing about the New 52 until I see a trade that has "The New 52!" up in that corner. For example: Penguin had a solo. Katana had a solo. Talon.
There's a lot of reasons for books to be published that we don't wouldn't know about unless someone told us about it. Some of this stuff is planned to end when they do from the beginning as well.

Like I said, I realize that. It just feels that way sometimes with how many books start up, get forgotten, and then are only remembered when they are cancelled.

Vic_Viper

Going through and reading Bendis's All New/Uncanny X-Men and the Guardians of the Galaxy. Where does these runs intersect with Hickman's Infinity and Secret Wars? Do they all end like right before Secret Wars? Is there some sort of intersection for Infinity, or atleast a banner on the issues signifying the Infinity event was happening at that time even if the issues dont Tie-In? When does the Black Vortex event take place? Before or after Secret Wars?

Seems really strange that out of all of Marvel's books, Guardians doesnt deal with Infinity. I mean the best parts of the last Guardians book was how there was this constant threat looming with Annihilation. It spent a great deal of time preparing for it and then after it was over, dealt with the ramifications. Then right after there was War of Kings and Annihilation Conquest/Thanos Imperative.

Top Bottom