• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Just caught up on Curse Words. I don't know why I waited so long, it's a really fun book so far. It's a little more grounded than God Hates Astronauts, but that only means it's way less random.

Man I'd really love a deluxe hardcover of God Hates Astronauts...

caliph95

How is They're Not Like Us?
Always been meaning to get to that, Nowhere men was a good book so i guess the same, i only read a few pages but nothing bad from what i remember
I thought God Hates Astronauts was brilliant, but it was very very random, so I can see how it would turn off some people. But you have to admit the art was glorious.
I agree the art was amazing maybe i will read the book, someday........
I love chew though maybe wasn't in the mood for a story about how god dislikes astron

I agree the art was amazing maybe i will read the book, someday........
I love chew though maybe wasn't in the mood for a story about how god dislikes astron

Chew is another book with great art. Guillory is a fucking master cartoonist. Definitely on my shortlist with Caldwell and Parson.

Lol u wot mate. Forreal? That is way to long for such a boring arc.
Absolutely, but it had a very interesting ending. A lot of timeline fuckery that lead to some interesting implications.
If Doom was only ever gonna be on the Avengers for a year or whatever, he should have been in the Kang arc

The mere idea of Doom on the Avengers is more exciting than every single panel of that story

If it's Bendis' fault, he sucks

He still might be. There's no reason that he stop being who he is. He just won't be Iron Man.

caliph95

gwenpool_by_foxeaf-db68b8i.png

Have they explained where the fuck Kobik is in all of this? She didn't show up in Steve Cap up until this point. I had assumed she was in Thunderbolts, but I didn't read that (bored as fuck). Is she in SE #0?

mreddie

Nick spencer isn't a bad guy, he's not a good guy, he's the guy.

This is Orton stealing the belt from Daniel Bryan and nothing comes from it for almost a year.

Have they explained where the fuck Kobik is in all of this? She didn't show up in Steve Cap up until this point. I had assumed she was in Thunderbolts, but I didn't read that (bored as fuck). Is she in SE #0?

She blew up in Thunderbolts.

Welp. Finally took the plunge and smacked down the dollarbucks needed for the first green lantern tome of 1250 pages. Yikes.

I think I got my reading cut out for me for the next few months. And then it's over to vol 2 and 3. I'm psyched! PSYCHED I tell you! I just need to ship my wife and kids away somewhere so I can get some quality quiet time.

ElNarez

Banned
She blew up in Thunderbolts.

it's like they're taking every option on the table to walk that shit back and throwing them all away

what the fuck is wrong with them

what are they doing

at this point they know for a fact that most people hate their shitty fucking stunt

Welp. Finally took the plunge and smacked down the dollarbucks needed for the first green lantern tome of 1250 pages. Yikes.

I think I got my reading cut out for me for the next few months. And then it's over to vol 2 and 3. I'm psyched! PSYCHED I tell you! I just need to ship my wife and kids away somewhere so I can get some quality quiet time.
Enjoy. It's a great run and is what made me a big GL fan.

mreddie

What? How?

Kobik had a tantrum that almost wiped out everything, Fixer shot at her and BOOM, Zemo goes to find the Cube Shards. Zemo also takes Bucky and straps him in a missile and it blows up.

it's like they're taking every option on the table to walk that shit back and throwing them all away

what are they doing

at this point they know for a fact that most people hate their shitty fucking stunt

"But Hickman blew up the Earth and there was sign everything was gonna be okay..." - Nick

what are they doing

At this point, I'm expecting them to pull some more BS out of this event.
triple-h-celebrate.jpg

Couldn't find a perfect pic of HHH winning while everyone else is beaten.
Such a goddamn mess that Marvel has gotten itself into.

what are they doing

Isn't this the same question that we've been asking for awhile now? None of this makes any sense. They pulled this, and for awhile it worked. I felt Steve's solo was genuinely good, and it was going in an extremely interesting direction. I thought Standoff was a good crossover. I've liked every bit of Sam Cap.

Then Trump got elected, and everything got too real for everyone, so then EVERYONE wanted it walked back. I didn't care because I figured that everything would get written out anyways after this event. But now everything seems so dumb that I have no idea where they're going. All I can say is that it's all Cosmic Cube fuckery, the Masters of Evil will takeover, Hydra will re-fade into obscurity, and
with Red Skull dead, the only real Nazi supervillain is gone

Maybe, MAYBE what happens is that
Steve defeats all of the heroes whom are possessed by some sort of evil brainwashing, making him a "hero" and therefore worthy of Mjolnir. Problem is that we know Mjolnir is also about conviction, because of what happened with Thor. We know that Steve has total and utter conviction in his ideals and beliefs. That also wouldn't be a twist introduced in a FCBD issue that's technically the second issue of this event. So what the fuck is indeed going on? That's the only question we can ask, and I don't think anyone is going to like it unless the end is some super godlike pull. I doubt that.

Kobik had a tantrum that almost wiped out everything, Fixer shot at her and BOOM, Zemo goes to find the Cube Shards. Zemo also takes Bucky and straps him in a missile and it blows up.
I like 50% of that. The other one is very much a "but y tho?" kind of moment.

Top Bottom