• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
What is Warren Ellis's best work that isnt Transmet, Planetary, Global Frequency, Moon Knight, Nextwave, The Authority or Thunderbolts?

LosDaddie

Banned
So, the Infinite Crisis omnibus I ordered last week was listed as "Like New", but came with a nice ding on 1 corner. :-(

Not only was I annoyed having paid over cover price (I typically buy omnibi on release week for half off), but the book was damaged. Ugh.

But I got a $35 refund on it.....making the total I paid at $120. So I'm not too upset.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The authority? You kind of listed all of his top tier shit. Trees is ok and Supreme Blue Rose is great.

I am currently reading those as well. I'm looking to see if anyone likes some of his independent work or lesser known runs.

And I've read his Authority and Nextwave. Forget to add those.

I need to make notes or something to keep track of my book of the month contenders. the beginning of the month is cloudy.

So I'm curious if Green Arrows last issue will make it

I always feel like at least one of my votes are pointless.
But I will be loyal to my heart?lol

Superman/Batman 13
Catwoman using the "did it hurt" line on Superman and his reply. Rofl... Greg Pak writes Superman/Batman so well. I must praise Jae Lee on his depiction of Lois Lane. She actually looks like a reporter here instead of a supermodel.

All New X-Men 31
Young Hank asking a new mutant whether she is
on her period
and the reaction of the female team members. Ohhhh lawd... too bad about the bland art.

Is anyone planning on getting Death of Wolverine. I haven't been following any of it at all. Just realized #1 comes out next week.
Honestly the only thing that even made me think about getting it is seeing that Mr. Charles Soule is writing it.

Anyone follow the Wolverine's "Three Months to Die"?

Good god there is like 15+ variant covers

This ones pretty cool made me laugh
1380080_xl.jpg
Skottie Young

Messi

@annienocenti Thank you for your Catwoman run! It reminded me no matter how shitty my life is at least I wasn't written by you.

Oh my god I'm dying. I could never send it. I'm not that mean but Holy shit. Ether.

COMICS! |OT| September 2014 - @annienocenti Thank you for your Catwoman run! It reminded me no matter how shitty my life is at least I wasn't written by you.

It might be a tad too long.

Hmm! Not sure what to feel about the last issue of the Mark of the Phantasm arc of Batman Beyond. Not that it ended poorly. I actually liked it. But what it means.

Amanda Waller continuing to pull the strings on her Batman Beyond Project?

Hagi

Just read Superman #34, didn't really see that coming. I like how Neils power set is similar to Clarks. The being able to soak in different types of energy bar solar is cool.

Is there any other good jumping on points for DC at the moment?

Tizoc

Wayward #1 was wierd. Not sure if it was good or bad. Maybe trade wait?

wut?
It was good, it's a different take on the magical girl formula from what I'm seeing, art is superb too, heck you should at least stick to if for the art.

It's great, though I honestly wouldn't mind a new writer with Noto still on board with his amazing art. I wish things moved faster, Edmondson is doing fine though, just wish there was a little more fun in the book like NTGYK has said.

Any of you guys fans of Majorie Liu's short run on Black Widow, with the arc The Name of The Rose? I would love it if Marvel gave Liu another shot, with their renewed focus on female creators you'd think they would want her back.

I'm kinda hoping Issue 11 sorta delivers Natasha letting her hair down.

But the cover is probably lying to me.

tumblr_n8rhkpucrI1qhyhwto1_500.jpg

After reading Black Widow, I want to just curl up and think about the wastage of human misery. I understand the entire deal is her seeking atonement, but it might be nice to see the effects of her atonement on her in a positive way. Fuck, is she changing anyone's lives? Is anyone grateful? Besides her damn cat?

Just read Superman #34, didn't really see that coming. I like how Neils power set is similar to Clarks. The being able to soak in different types of energy bar solar is cool.

What characters interest you? Off hand I cod suggest:

Justice League United #1-4
Teen Titans #1-2

New series debuting in October. Green Lantern / New Gods event.

We're sort of at the end of several runs so October is going to see the start of a lot of new ones with the new series.

Grayson is pretty good so far. Infinity Man is good too.

I'm really enjoying the episodic feel of Black Widow and even more happy that Noto can keep to a schedule.

I'm actually glad Edmondson is keeping the tone of the book consistent. As much as I enjoy Hawkeye, I don't want to see it everywhere.

Messi

After reading Black Widow, I want to just curl up and think about the wastage of human misery. I understand the entire deal is her seeking atonement, but it might be nice to see the effects of her atonement on her in a positive way. Fuck, is she changing anyone's lives? Is anyone grateful? Besides her damn cat?

There is no chance she is letting her hair down there. Nat is totally on a mission on that cover. I would love if they let her have a small but of fun though.

I'm really enjoying the episodic feel of Black Widow and even more happy that Noto can keep to a schedule.

I'm actually glad Edmondson is keeping the tone of the book consistent. As much as I enjoy Hawkeye, I don't want to see it everywhere.

I like the tone as well, but it's feeling like Natasha is becoming stagnant. There's no humor or joy to be found anywhere. It just feels... dour? And it's not necessarily that that's a bad thing, but it feels like I can't get engaged 100%.

Noto's art is gorgeous though.

I like the tone as well, but it's feeling like Natasha is becoming stagnant. There's no humor or joy to be found anywhere. It just feels... dour? And it's not necessarily that that's a bad thing, but it feels like I can't get engaged 100%.

Noto's art is gorgeous though.

Natasha doesn't deserve happiness.

#NotAllQuintupleAgents

Hagi

What characters interest you? Off hand I cod suggest:

Justice League United #1-4
Teen Titans #1-2

New series debuting in October. Green Lantern / New Gods event.

We're sort of at the end of several runs so October is going to see the start of a lot of new ones with the new series.

Looking at my shelf all i see are Green Lantern and Batman books which is probably about as far as i have went into the DC pool. I do enjoy Superman and I picked up the first Aquaman trade a while back which i really enjoyed. I'm really open to anything as long as its interesting.

How is Constantine? I liked what i read of Hellblazer. I'll give JLA a try and Infinity Man and might look into the New God event.

Grayson is pretty good so far. Infinity Man is good too.

Grayson looks fun.

Looking at my shelf all i see are Green Lantern and Batman books which is probably about as far as i have went into the DC pool. I do enjoy Superman and I picked up the first Aquaman trade a while back which i really enjoyed. I'm really open to anything as long as its interesting.

How is Constantine? I liked what i read of Hellblazer. I'll give JLA a try and Infinity Man and might look into the New God event.

Grayson looks fun.
Constantine is sterile and lifeless. Fawkes does not understand the wonder of magic nor does he have the imagination to pull it off. Infinity Man is just an old school comic.c

Look, I'm just saying she is sleeping in the bed she made, is all.

She doesn't have to sleep alone and miserable. What's the point of redemption if you basically close yourself off to the rest of the world and are gloomy all the time. Try to live a little, otherwise what's it all for.

Unless this subsequently ventures into some high-minded philosophical horseshit on the good of society at the expense of the one.

Messi

She doesn't have to sleep alone and miserable. What's the point of redemption if you basically close yourself off to the rest of the world and are gloomy all the time. Try to live a little, otherwise what's it all for.

Unless this subsequently ventures into some high-minded philosophical horseshit on the good of society at the expense of the one.

I agree 100%. Well said.

I think it's more a matter of the scales of redemption never falling in the heroes favor without the weight of their Heroic death/sacrifice. You generally can't do a certain amount of good deeds, dust your hands together, and declare yourself redeemed. It's a life long pursuit.

Messi

I think it's more a matter of the scales of redemption never falling in the heroes favor without the weight of their Heroic death/sacrifice. You generally can't do a certain amount of good deeds, dust your hands together, and declare yourself redeemed. It's a life long pursuit.

I'm not asking for redemption I'm asking for the writers to allow Natasha to have a small bit of fun to show that she doesn't have to live a completely miserable life.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just finished reading Geoff Johns' Shazam. I wasn't interested in it at all before reading it, but I saw it at the library and figured I might as well pick it up since I've heard quite a few people here saying it's great and I've never read anything by Geoff Johns (or any Shazam books, for that matter).
But anyways, I really enjoyed it! It wasn't what I was expecting at all. I especially loved the first two-thirds of it with the more down-to-earth stuff. The highlight of the book was definitely right after Billy got his powers and he
goes around the city with Freddy abusing his powers to get free snacks.
Definitely glad I checked that out.

If she's hanging out with that personality vacuum X-23, she's definitely not having fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom