• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| February 2017 All You Need is Love (and Rockets)

Please be excited. We'll soon know what Fury whispered to Odinson.

http://comicbook.com/2017/02/22/how-was-thor-made-unworthy/

I thought the current series pretty much already gave it away.

Odinson starts that series being plagued and haunted by things Gorr the Godslayer had been saying, and full of serious doubts that playing "God" as Thor had been hurting mortals more than helping them.

All Fury would have had to do is say something to confirm what was already bothering him. "Gorr was right, Thor is holding back mankind". Or something equal to it.

We already saw Thor become worthy again vs the Beyonders before dying in Time Runs Out, so it's not some super scandalous thing Thor did. Just something he believed about himself that was no longer proven to be true.

Since Odinson doesn't remember that fight or anything about secret wars, he'll have to have that epiphany a different way.

mreddie

C5TATUOWYAMEb3_.jpg

Adorable.

Owzers

I stopped buying invincible ult collections at vol 7, still haven't decided if I should sell these or continue rebuying the issues with the format. Good book either way, just might not be something I want to spend an extra $100 on to sit on my shelf. That's what statues are for.

I also spent time today trying to paint my catwoman statue's goggle. Mixed results.

I stopped buying invincible ult collections at vol 7, still haven't decided if I should sell these or continue rebuying the issues with the format. Good book either way, just might not be something I want to spend an extra $100 on to sit on my shelf. That's what statues are for.

I love the format. Now that the end of the series is in sight, it's going to be nice to have it all collected like this. Not crazy about the fact they have dust covers, unlike most of the other Image hardcovers.

Messi

Here's a disappointment. Night of Monster men came out today. I think it's the first Rebirth hardcover. It's trim is the same size as the trades and hardcover. It's not OHC. I hope this isn't a vision of the future of Justice League vs Suicide Squad and the deluxe editions.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Here's a disappointment. Night of Monster men came out today. I think it's the first Rebirth hardcover. It's trim is the same size as the trades and hardcover. It's not OHC. I hope this isn't a vision of the future of Justice League vs Suicide Squad and the deluxe editions.
Is it labeled as a Deluxe?

Owzers

JL vs Suicide Squad sounded standard sized, i am debating getting it.

Did we ever find out if the Reborn hardcover from Image is standard sized? Googling doesn't seem like it's oversized, but A.D. After Death's hardcover will be.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Were there a lot of deluxe editions/ohcs released by DC pre Rebirth for their regular superhero comics?
They stepped up their game over the last two years. 50% of their shedule was Batman, but there were about three Deluxes per Quarter.

This is going to change now, since they are going to sell more of their current Ongoings as Deluxes (=always two Trades)

mreddie

Steve Cap America is gonna make a great HC once all calms.

Spider Woman, dammit, one more issue...

Scarlet Witch, better ending than Squadron. I'll give it that.

error4041

Rocket Raccoon #3 This was probably my favorite book this week, it had many great moments between Rocket and Kraven, I hope Rosenberg gets another shot at a Rocket Series in the future.

Infamous Iron Man #5 Maleev's art, like always, was on point, the action panel was gorgeous. The book has a great focus on Doom, I thought it would be a book where Doom dealt with Tony's problems, but instead, the focus is squarely on Doom has he deals with his country, Shield and trying to redeem himself.

Inhumans vs X-Men #5 This series has been better than I think anyone expected. best part of it might be putting most of the Secret Warriors cast together.

mreddie

Hulk: DROPPED

Man, Jen doesn't want to be even happy on her series. Yes, it's a allegory of a tramatic experience but dammit, I just can't. Trade wait.

ElNarez

Banned
Seriously ashamed I didn't realize what was going on in Justice League of America #1 until
Lord Havok brought up the Thunderer and Frank Future.
God I love how much Orlando loves Morrison's work.

They've done the Fu Manchu thing they used to do with Shang Chi. The current Space Knight leads are Rom's sons, but they can never refer to him as Rom. I think he's like... the Glorious Leader or something like that.

Since that, they're not talked to him. Their last appearance was in Infinity.

God damn, they look rad. I need to go look at Infinity again and brush up on ROM history.

Its almost like this was the premise from the beginning lol.

I feel like issue 3 is where Jen should have Hulked out by now. Something should have happened and instead it's just another build up. The book is also suppose to explore rage and we're so far just getting small hints of it.

Sandfox

I knew from the beginning that this Hulk book would be polarizing over the transformation thing so I'm just along for the ride.

Top Bottom