• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

YsFaEJz.png

Hellboy is ending tomorrow

(Also, JC, frye, and I losing in Overwatch)

Fuck DC Comics. They keep holding their nuts on me. DC Writers workshop deadline is supposed to hours from now, and I've been trying to submit all night but it says it's expired. Fuck off. Biggest mistake of their life.

Owzers

...new thread, same crappy loot boxes. I saved up three for a chance at not being dissapointed but nope, sprayyyys.

Holy shit, a wild Rafa appears!
Sup brah. Does Kipp still post here?

I was able to make it through. There must've been a wall that Mexico paid for that was blocking me for the past few hours. Anyways, I submitted my story I wanted to work on with Kipp years ago. "my Greatest Enemy, Pal."

Sup brah. Does Kipp still post here?

I was able to make it through. There must've been a wall that Mexico paid for that was blocking me for the past few hours. Anyways, I submitted my story I wanted to work on with Kipp years ago. "my Greatest Enemy, Pal."

Kipp posts every now and then. He was posting a bit about Hitman last thread.

Good luck with your journey to stardom

Owzers

WHY ARE YOU STILL BUYING LOOT BOXES!? THEY ARE FULL OF NOTHING BUT SORROW AND DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

my problem is i haven't bought any yet. By saving up three i mean getting three levels and then cashing in. If i bought some i think i'd get a Mercy legendary though.

Still need to play the first Witcher 3 dlc i bought, i also tried getting back into Doom today and it was OKAY but i was thinking of Overwatch the whole time.

Reading the Frank Miller DD collection. Pretty crazy he was handed his own Marvel title and started having a sizeable impact at the age of 23 or so. Sure this was in the late 70s when you could just walk up to a place and ask for a job and theyd give you one but doing it really well is another matter!

Foofaraw

I'm a week behind, but I grabbed DC Rebirth. Uggggggg. It was well drawn for the most part. Really,
bringing in Watchmen to mainline DC seems like the dumbest possible thing. Well, that and saying love is the missing element and Dr Manhatten made DC comics bad since the new 52, and three Jokers. Just, uggg. So bad.

Tom King Batman best be good. I also have hopes for Aquaman. Is Abnett a good writer on this stuff, or does he need Lanning and 40k to be God tier?

I also keep forgetting to drop Extraordinary X-men. Disappointed 100% of the time I read it. I want to like X-men so much. At least Monstress is still scratching my good stuff I like to read itch.

I also read the first 5 volumes of Pluto. I don't know anything about Astro Boy, but this is good comics. Naoki Urasawa makes my favorite manga.

Owzers

I got a legendary! But it was gold instead of a skin :(

But 500 gold > the chances of me getting a legendary skin i wanted!

What thread am i in? I played videogames with Tragic, so it's the right place.

I also finished the Hawkeye Deadpool miniseries, I'm not sure if it finished strong, i wish the plot was something better than a Black Cat scheme.

Foofaraw

How was #6? I have it but I haven't read it yet.
Slowly making more sense. This series has a lot of potential depth that it keeps slowly leaking details about. It still looks gorgeous, and it still needs the history lessons at the end of the issues.

As for issue six specifically, it feels like a good end to this arc. The action is breezy, more history of why the monster is in Maika, more cat creatures saying fuck. I still can never remember names of characters, and I need to read 1-6 in one go to try to get a better idea of what's going on. There is so much nomenclature that it feels like I'm reading the transcript of a JRPG sometimes. Hard to keep things straight reading monthly.

Hagi

Cool new thread!

Bought and downloading Batman Rebirth, Superman Rebirth and Green Arrow Rebirth. Hopefully all of them are good.

Foofaraw

Sunstone prepared me well for Earth One Wonder Woman. Sasha Grey face Wonder Woman is pretty fun comics. Mainline DC could do with more bondage friendly Amazons.

anaron

went into the thread wondering if Mockingbird would be at all mentioned in the OP, sees awesome Joelle Jones cover header.

I am psychic.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, Moon Knight just keeps getting better and better. No disrespect to Ellis' run, because it was really great, but this is what I wanted from Moon Knight. An intriguing ongoing story that involves not just Marc, but the supporting cast as well. I've missed Frenchie, Marlene, Crawley, and Gina so much.

Yousefb

Downloaded Batman and Superman Rebirth number 1's.

I just read Batman and was honestly left disappointed. Was expecting better from the Snyder and King collab. It really felt like a throwaway issue and did not really set anything up. The real story will begin with Batman #1 I suppose. Oh well, still highly anticipating King's take on th series! Also I like Janin's art but it doesn't fit Batman imo, glad he's not the main artist on the ongoing.

About to read Supes now.

Downloaded Batman and Superman Rebirth number 1's.

I just read Batman and was honestly left disappointed. Was expecting better from the Snyder and King collab. It really felt like a throwaway issue and did not really set anything up. The real story will begin with Batman #1 I suppose. Oh well, still highly anticipating King's take on th series! Also I like Janin's art but it doesn't fit Batman imo, glad he's not the main artist on the ongoing.

About to read Supes now.

i hear all these rebirth issues are just loose set up.

still, looking forward to reading batman and superman.

Hagi

Batman Rebirth is the truth

Wasn't really feeling it.
Apparently Bruce is now Zordon and is recruiting the Power Rangers starting with the Yellow Ranger. That suit is ugly.
I'm not sure what I was expecting from this issue but it wasn't really this.

Green Arrow was the only one of the three I've read that I really enjoyed. The banter was a bit awkward at times but I liked it. Looking forward to issue 1.

Yousefb

i hear all these rebirth issues are just loose set up.

still, looking forward to reading batman and superman.
Superman was a good issue I felt. A very lovely goodbye to the new52 Supes and hopeful set up for what's to come.

Batman, on the other hand, did not really set up much. At least not that I can tell now. It just read like a one off stand alone issue, and it wasn't a good one at that. Maybe others will enjoy it more than I did. Like I said, still really excited for the main Tom King series.

Whoa.

Civil War II is....

Fucking AMAZING.

Marquez is officially a superstar. I am really into the conflict here. It's much more believable and complicated than the original. I'm genuinely interested in who goes where and the emotional stakes feel so much higher.

Love this shit. It's exactly what the MU needed right now.

Yousefb

Whoa.

Civil War II is....

Fucking AMAZING.

Marquez is officially a superstar. I am really into the conflict here. It's much more believable and complicated than the original. I'm genuinely interested in who goes where and the emotional stakes feel so much higher.

Love this shit. It's exactly what the MU needed right now.
Whoa really? I was gonna hold off on this book till more issues come along but I'm seeing positive buzz around this and issue 0. Maybe I'll jump in after all.

Also Old Man Logan is freaking BADASS! Seriously one of the best Marvel books. Lemire is killing it on writing duties, but my god Andrea's artwork is perfection.

Yoooooo Green Arrow doe!

Otto Schmidt is the BIZ. That is a great fucking comic, man!

Superman was the only book that didn't get me superhyped. I'll probably give the books a shot but it was pretty rote stuff. Mahnke needs a better inker. Where was Alamy?

Messi

Whoa really? I was gonna hold off on this book till more issues come along but I'm seeing positive buzz around this and issue 0. Maybe I'll jump in after all.

Also Old Man Logan is freaking BADASS! Seriously one of the best Marvel books. Lemire is killing it on writing duties, but my god Andrea's artwork is perfection.

Be careful. Dangerous levels of birdie hype are around right now.

Did people really not like batman??

Phamit

As someone who read my first dc comic with the new 52, Rebirth is just confusing´, well thank god I saw
Watchmen
few months ago to understand the twist at the end. But some random people are exploding, The Wally West guy flying trough the pages and basically saying "Remember Me! Oh no the Speedforce!Help!" over and over again. Superman is dead or not, a twist nobody seem to care about, not even in the comics. And Three Jokers! Cool I guess. Felt more like some stories across DC tapped together with a twist. So I don't know how to feel about this one

oh the belt is wrong on the Batman cover, but probably everyone knows that already

ElNarez

Banned
if you aren't on #TeamCarol what the fuck is wrong with you

it ain't a Civil War if Tony isn't wrong about everything, I says

Top Bottom