• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2016. Let's Do It. Let's Fall in Love.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
And allllll the attention

Don't worry I'm sure people will find something to get stirred up about tomorrow. Maybe Superman blew up Krypton, bruh

This is the worst bit

Rebirth has been great imo, but fucking Nazi Cap stole all the attention when it's a typical hook at the end of a #1

I was going to do the subscription thing but someone in here warned me away from it, said they ended up getting an unwanted director's cut or annual or something because of it. Buyer beware.

tim1138

Let's be real:

Most of the people complaining didn't read the comic and aren't going to read the next one.

I saw someone go on an epic Twitter rant against Rebirth about how it was an overstuffed mess like everything DC does, another reboot, the standard talking points. Someone asked what they didn't like about the issue and the ranter had not even read it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Let's be real:

Most of the people complaining didn't read the comic and aren't going to read the next one.

didnt read it because they're too busy shipping sam and dean and cap and bucky

EDIT:
I saw someone go on an epic Twitter rant against Rebirth about how it was an overstuffed mess like everything DC does, another reboot, the standard talking points. Someone asked what they didn't like about the issue and the ranter had not even read it.

thisistwitter.gif

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I read Spider-Woman #1 and Spider-Gwen #2 earlier today.

The dialogue in Spider-Woman was great. Between this issue and the preview in TAS#1 I'm already loving Jess.

As for Spider-Gwen I think the biggest draw for me is seeing how they repurpose characters in her alternate reality. Also is just me or is the book colored a little brighter now than it was pre-SW?

tim1138

hold on what

I have no idea how true it is, but I've seen it said in multiple places that Lee ghost wrote the first 12 issues and Johns just put his name on it. It would go a long way to explain the difference in tone and quality from volumes 1 and 2 to 3 and on, and even in issues 7-12 between the main story and the Shazam backups.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea how true it is, but I've seen it said in multiple places that Lee ghost wrote the first 12 issues and Johns just put his name on it. It would go a long way to explain the difference in tone and quality from vplumes 1 and 2, and even in issues 7-12 between the main story and the Shazam backups.

That's one of those things that makes so much sense that I'm just going to take it as gospel.

The Shazam backup was so so much better than the book itself.

Top Bottom