• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming back to the party FFXI

brocke

Banned
I'm returning to FFXI after getting a warrior up to 74 with all 4 subjobs at 37 around 2 years ago.

I'm starting a new character on a different server and staticing with some friends IRL. Is there anything big that changed since the new expansion came out that is really important I should know about? (not the stuff in reviews but stuff relevant to leveling). And do you all think I will still enjoy the game this time around if I start with a magic user?

We are mainly doing this so we can practice Japanese (we are in 2nd semester of Japanese).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
There are new exp rings you can buy with Conquest points. The Rings will give you an exp. bonus of 25% or 50% per kill depending which ring you get. The effect lasts until you've accumualted 1000 bonus points or a 90 or 180 minute timer runs out (again, depending on the ring). I've found the ring to be very helpful in leveling lower jobs (But hey, 1000 extra Exp is never bad). I dont know if you need to be a certain Rank to buy them.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Some of the economies (hell, most) are fucked up beyond repair. Stay away from Asura especially.

Top Bottom