• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Game Pass: Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II, Immortals of Aveum, Lords of the Fallen, and More

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Lords of the fallen still runs like shit on the X, play it on PC if you can.

Hmm, DF covered it in one of their recent Directs, and aside from some traversal stutter, looks like it holds up performance extremely good now (compared to launch).

Time stamped.

tmlDan

down to pretending you’re only just aware a first party Xbox game is coming to GamePass?
Just don't think its a good idea for the studio when others were recently closed due to apparent poor performance, below MS's expectations.

I know they don't have a choice

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Just don't think its a good idea for the studio when others were recently closed due to apparent poor performance, below MS's expectations.

I know they don't have a choice

You don’t think it’s a good idea for the studio to support MS game subscription service? They’d probably be shut down otherwise.

There’s another retail outlet in Steam.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I want to know if the PC version of Humanity will have VR support.
Probably. Most games on gamepass that have an optional VR mode (ie not a separate install) have VR mode intact of you run steam VR in the background. Not all though, so the only way to know is when it releases and someone tries it.
I'm more interested in Hellblade II. Has a VR mode even been mentioned. Hellblade 1 on gamepass did not have VR.

Last edited:

Spitfire098

How is the Best Deal in Gaming®️ not growing in sub counts? Are consumers idiots?!?
Thinking Patrick GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

tmlDan

So if the likelihood of people buying a 7 hour game is low, I guess you’re saying even without GamePass it wouldn’t have sold well on Xbox ?

Either way, I’m sure Ninja Theory appreciates your concern.
No? if you have the option to pay $10-$15 to play it in a day how does that financially support the company. If gamepass didn't do day one it would sell significantly better, I guarantee that.

Despite what MS has you believing, "engagement" metrics don't help their bottom line when it doesn't contribute to GP growth and HB2 won't do that.

Last edited:

wizaga

Neo Member
Pretty good month, even though i got immortals on ps5 with ps plus i still haven't played it because i am still waiting on the fsr 3 update. Hopefully it will be out by the time it's on gamepass

Ozriel

M$FT
No? if you have the option to pay $10-$15 to play it in a day how does that financially support the company. If gamepass didn't do day one it would sell significantly better, I guarantee that.

Despite what MS has you believing, "engagement" metrics don't help their bottom line when it doesn't contribute to GP growth and HB2 won't do that.

Then they’re free to take it out of GP or close the service entirely if it isn’t working for them.
My role is as a consumer. Not to obsess over Microsoft’s finances. I’ll leave that ‘concern’ to you.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
How is it post 1.5 patch? Most opinions online say that the game is a massive improvement over launch now.
You’d have to pay me to touch it again. I made it to the final boss and dropped it because it erased 3 hours of my play time.

I wasn’t going to repeat 3 hours.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
That’s actually the whole thing that is wrong with subscription services for games. Far too many games to play in the time you have. In my opinion it is a false economy and most consumers only play a few handful of games a year. It makes more sense to just purchase games, the publisher/developer makes more money and the consumer gets better long term value.

You are completely right and that's why so many publishers and games are suffering.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Solid Month. I'll be purchasing Hellblade...but willing to try out Lords of the Fallen and Immortals of Aveum.

Generic

That’s actually the whole thing that is wrong with subscription services for games. Far too many games to play in the time you have. In my opinion it is a false economy and most consumers only play a few handful of games a year. It makes more sense to just purchase games, the publisher/developer makes more money and the consumer gets better long term value.
But... you don't need to play everything.

Do you watch every movie and show on Netflix?

CuNi

Already bought Chants of Sennaar on Steam when it released.
To anyone who likes linguistic puzzles and still hasn't played this gem, do it!
I'm not even mad I paid them on Steam. Absolutely deserved my money.

Fredrik

Fireworks looks great, and is unfortunately PC only. Pretty bummed about that.
Did you scrap the plans to get a PC?

I’ve had desktop PC for over a decade but I bought my first living room PC in March this year and for me that was the peak of my PC journey. Can’t recommend it enough.
Just don’t cheap out on parts that could generate noise! I need to tweak some fan curves, when playing No Rest for the Wicked the fans can suddenly go off as if it’s possessed.

Did you scrap the plans to get a PC?

I’ve had desktop PC for over a decade but I bought my first living room PC in March this year and for me that was the peak of my PC journey. Can’t recommend it enough.
Just don’t cheap out on parts that could generate noise! I need to tweak some fan curves, when playing No Rest for the Wicked the fans can suddenly go off as if it’s possessed.
No, not at all. I'm just waiting. I set up an account in Feb that takes out $100 a check, so I'll have almost $2000 by the end of the year without really even noticing it. I'm waiting to hear what MS is doing for their next hardware, and what they're doing in terms of forward compatibility. If they are coming out with a prebuilt PC that makes it even easier to plug and play with a TV I want to have that as a possible option. Will be getting either that, or a different PC. And likely a PC style handheld as well. Not in a huge rush, and I expect MS will detail some of this hopefully by the end of the year at least for the handheld. So either way, it'll be PC for me basically. And yeah, speaking of loud noise, another reason I'd like to see what MS is considering.

Last edited:

Fredrik

No, not at all. I'm just waiting. I set up an account in Feb that takes out $100 a check, so I'll have almost $2000 by the end of the year without really even noticing it. I'm waiting to hear what MS is doing for their next hardware, and what they're doing in terms of forward compatibility. If they are coming out with a prebuilt PC that makes it even easier to plug and play with a TV I want to have that as a possible option. Will be getting either that, or a different PC. And likely a PC style handheld as well. Not in a huge rush, and I expect MS will detail some of this hopefully by the end of the year at least for the handheld. So either way, it'll be PC for me basically. And yeah, speaking of loud noise, another reason I'd like to see what MS is considering.
Nice, sounds like you have thought it through properly! 💪

What ever MS do going forward I hope they make a good big picture mode for Windows and Gamepass. Right now everything is super janky compared to Steam Big Picture mode which essentially turns your PC into a console.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
When Elden Ring expansion around the corner I don’t see any reason bother with Lords of the Fallen.

Ozriel

M$FT
When Elden Ring expansion around the corner I don’t see any reason bother with Lords of the Fallen.

1. Release date is June 21, 3 weeks after this hits GamePass

2. Lords of the Fallen will be on the service for at least a year. Plenty of time to get to it. Nobody’s going to be playing Elden Ring expansion exclusively for a year.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
1. Release date is June 21, 3 weeks after this hits GamePass

2. Lords of the Fallen will be on the service for at least a year. Plenty of time to get to it. Nobody’s going to be playing Elden Ring expansion exclusively for a year.
I dont need to play Souls game every year this why I never get tired the formula, as long as FROM continues making one I dont need any other "Souls-like" games.

Also I will be playing Expansion multiple times just I did with FROM's other expansions.

Killjoy-NL

How is the Best Deal in Gaming®️ not growing in sub counts? Are consumers idiots?!?
Thinking Patrick GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
This list isn't enough to impress the average consumer.

The only big title is Hellblade and if their big marketing push exists of a basic tweet and a Forza screenshot, it's not going to move the needle either.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Going through Lords Of the Fallen right now ... is a pretty good alternative Dark Souls experience.

They made some mistakes but they are on the right path imho.

in fact Im enjoying more than bloat fest easymode Elden Ring... yes I said it ... deal with it.

So if the likelihood of people buying a 7 hour game is low, I guess you’re saying even without GamePass it wouldn’t have sold well on Xbox ?

Either way, I’m sure Ninja Theory appreciates your concern.

Fucking hell Phil, just stop being offended all the God damned time any time anyone expresses his/her opinion about MS and/or one of its products.

Either way, I’m sure Microsoft appreciates your concern

PS: in before "rent free" etc etc

Last edited:
Top Bottom