• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass: Monster Hunter Rise, Persona 3 Portable, and Persona 4 Golden

Draugoth

Gold Member
TW_Coming-Soon_01.10.2023-8154e42e362c8575f3bf.jpg

Welcome to 2023, Game Pass friends! We’re starting off the year with some iconic franchises from beloved Japanese developers whose games will soon be landing with Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass. For now, let’s start juicing up our controllers and get our pre-install on; it’s time to get to the games!

Coming Soon

Persona 3 Portable (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 19
If I say there’s an hour “hidden” between one day and the next… would you believe me? Master the power of the heart, Persona, and uncover the tragic truth of the Dark Hour. Experience the iconic, critically acclaimed RPG that reinvented the Persona series!

Persona 3 Portable

Persona 4 Golden (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 19
Experience a coming-of-age story that sets the protagonist and his friends on a journey kickstarted by a chain of serial murders. The world-renowned Persona 4 Golden promises unforgettable adventures, meaningful bonds, and heartwarming experiences shared together with friends.

Persona 4 Golden

Monster Hunter Rise (Cloud, Console, and PC) – January 20
The critically acclaimed action-RPG series returns! Set in the Japanese folklore inspired land of Kamura, players will team up to battle fearsome monsters, craft a wide variety of gear, and prevent the world from falling into calamity. Rise to the challenge and join the hunt!

Monster Hunter Rise

In Case You Missed It

Mortal Shell: Enhanced Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now
Making a return to the Game Pass library, Mortal Shell is a deep action RPG that tests your sanity and resilience in a shattered world. Your adversaries spare no mercy, with survival demanding superior awareness, precision, and instincts. Possess lost warriors, track down hidden sanctums of the devout, and face formidable foes.

Stranded Deep (Cloud, Console, and PC) – Available now
Take the role of a plane crash survivor stranded somewhere in the Pacific. Experience terrifying encounters both above and below an endless environment. Come face to face with some of the most life-threatening scenarios that will result in a unique experience each time you play.

Valheim: Mistlands Biome Update (PC) – Available now
It’s time to pick up your Viking shield once more and set sail for the Mistlands! Valheim’s latest biome update promises new ways of both building and fighting, but you’d better make sure to stay on your guard as there are many new dangers as well…

Leaving January 15

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon, so be sure to use your membership discount to save up to 20% on any games you want to keep in your library!

• Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Nobody Saves The World (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Pupperazzi (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • The Anacrusis (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • We Happy Few (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Windjammers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
We’re just getting warmed up and we’ll be back soon with more games, more Perks, and more news. If your new year’s resolution was to play more games, I highly recommend grabbing the Xbox Game Pass mobile app so you can download your games remotely and pick out what you plan to play next. Keep tuned here and at @XboxGamePass or @XboxGamePassPC on Twitter for more!

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Guess I'll finish up Nobody Saves the World. Been trying to pick something to play for the next 10 days before FE Engage.

Solid two weeks for sure. I already have Persona 3, 4 and MH Rise. But it's a huge line-up.

They definitely need to keep their schedule on announcements. Weird silence from them, now we just have 5 days instead of the usual 2 weeks to play the stuff leaving.

What the fuck how are we losing We Happy Few when Microsoft owns Compulsion?
Compulsion never owned their own games. They got publishers. Same thing could happen with any earlier Double Fine games.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
Guess I'll finish up Nobody Saves the World. Been trying to pick something to play for the next 10 days before FE Engage.

Solid two weeks for sure. I already have Persona 3, 4 and MH Rise. But it's a huge line-up.

They definitely need to keep their schedule on announcements. Weird silence from them, now we just have 5 days instead of the usual 2 weeks to play the stuff leaving.

Compulsion never owned their own games. They got publishers. Same thing could happen with any earlier Double Fine games.
It's too bad that MS couldn't find a way to buy We Happy Few from the publisher.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
So they basically confirmed that Xbox Direct showcase, since they showed only games that will be in Game Pass until 20th January. More games at that show I guess.
They usually do two announcements a month. Last month and this month have been weird in general.

Godot25

Banned
They usually do two announcements a month. Last month and this month have been weird in general.
They did not have "Second December batch" in several years as far as I remember. So not having it last month was not a surprise. But yeah, January was silent. Just 5 games in first 20 days of January is unusually low number. I guess they are keeping rest for that show.

Nice, Monster Hunter Rise...

Been waiting for some coop option with buddies.

Guess will go Monster Hunting from 21 onwards.

• Strength
Reactions: Isa

Punished Miku

Gold Member
They did not have "Second December batch" in several years as far as I remember. So not having it last month was not a surprise. But yeah, January was silent. Just 5 games in first 20 days of January is unusually low number. I guess they are keeping rest for that show.
nah, they did and it was pretty significant last time with The Gunk. Unless my google is busted.

Chukhopops

So they basically confirmed that Xbox Direct showcase, since they showed only games that will be in Game Pass until 20th January. More games at that show I guess.
I thought the same, I expect some surprise drops around the « MS Direct ».

Those are three amazing games, too bad I’ve played them all already.

manfestival

Anyone know if there is a way to get the xbox app to stop launching the riot games launcher at the same time? It is really annoying and has been this way for me since they introduced riot to the game pass

Just started playing Dangonronpa before it leaves because I have heard high praise and I really like it so far after a few hours in. I Didn't want to rush the experience so I just bought it since it was on sale.

• Praise the Sun

spons

Gold Member

anthony2690

Banned
I can't wait for MH:Rise.

Anyway do I finally start Persona 5 Royal or play One Piece Odyssey first 🤔

Maybe I should check my backlog and see if I have any nice short games I haven't got round too.

vj27

Banned
Does anyone know is MH rise is crossplay/save? I doubt it but I hope it’s at least crossplay that would be sick.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm a correct thinking the main difference between MHR on SS and PS5 is the 4K option? (can't use 120fps)

Sorry I looked and saw a December thread. Thought it was recent enough my apologies staff.

Last edited:

Isa

Can't wait to get down on MH Rise with my buddies. I'll also get the two Personas as well. Then later on we're gonna try out Wild Hearts and see how it is. Gonna be all Monster Hunted out lol. Also really looking forward to Wo Long with them as well.

anthony2690

Banned
Can't wait to get down on MH Rise with my buddies. I'll also get the two Personas as well. Then later on we're gonna try out Wild Hearts and see how it is. Gonna be all Monster Hunted out lol. Also really looking forward to Wo Long with them as well.
Can't wait for wild hearts and wo long too 💪
I really hope wild hearts turns out great :D

• Fire

Isa

Can't wait for wild hearts and wo long too 💪
I really hope wild hearts turns out great :D
Oh yeah me too! They look great and I really enjoyed the Wo Long demo. Wild Hearts is looking quite nice and could steal me away if it plays well enough. I love the environments they've shown so far.

anthony2690

Banned
Oh yeah me too! They look great and I really enjoyed the Wo Long demo. Wild Hearts is looking quite nice and could steal me away if it plays well enough. I love the environments they've shown so far.
I really enjoyed the wo long beta, definitely has potential for sure :)

& Wild hearts looks great, I hope it has a wide range of monsters though, as not that many have been shown yet.

But I'm feeling very optimistic about both titles, love the setting and monster design in wild hearts :)

& With it having crossplay etc, I hope it has a very active online, will be great as I'll even be able to play online with my friend on PS5 :)

Ozriel

M$FT
Good art direction has never been an issue for Compulsion. They just need a ton of help in the gameplay department. Hopefully they are getting that.

Yeah, they just seemed to lack that final spark to deliver compelling gameplay. The reveal trailers for We Happy Few were really good and intriguing.
Then the final game came out and was such a letdown

Naked Lunch

My main (modern) console is Xbox, but Im not a Gamepass customer but thats really awesome MH Rise is coming to Xbox.
The Personas are very welcome to see as well - although I played thru those years ago on the ps2.

Xbox seems to be getting many Japanese titles it wasnt just a few years ago - but theres still work to do. No clue why key titles like Tactics Ogre and the FF pixleremasters are skipping the console. Plus there is zero reason certain shmups are not on Xbox like the newest M2 Shottriggers releases when other shmups like Deathsmiles, Layer Section, and Psikyo collection are on it.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
My main (modern) console is Xbox, but Im not a Gamepass customer but thats really awesome MH Rise is coming to Xbox.
The Personas are very welcome to see as well - although I played thru those years ago on the ps2.

Xbox seems to be getting many Japanese titles it wasnt just a few years ago - but theres still work to do. No clue why key titles like Tactics Ogre and the FF pixleremasters are skipping the console. Plus there is zero reason certain shmups are not on Xbox like the newest M2 Shottriggers releases when other shmups like Deathsmiles, Layer Section, and Psikyo collection are on it.
All thanks to our lord and savior, Phil “Big Dick” Spencer.

Top Bottom