• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Compile Heart opens new countdown website | [UP] Neptunia related

Edit 9:

VdvHvVA.jpg

Yuriina, the game's original lead character.

---

Edit: 8

---

Edit 7:

leaked dengeki ps info says that it's f2p 2d card battle game on vita... lel

---

Edit 6:

Dengeki revealed the title & logo for this game
NepuNepu☆Connect: Chaos Chanpuru
01_cs2w2_300x.jpg

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/327/1327882/

---

Edit 5:

Luanna from Moero Crystal. Screen rubbing minigame confirmed.

---

Edit 4:

Otoha from Omega Quintet. Beep.

---

Edit 3:

Faust from Trillion. Happy happy joy joy.

---

Edit 2:

Tiara from Fairy Fencer F. Gothic lolita > *

---

Edit 1:

A wild Nep-Nep appears.

---

http://www.compileheart.com/countdown/20160721/
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/compile-heart-launches-new-title-countdown-website

Gematsu said:
Compile Heart has launched a countdown website for a new game.

The website features the above image, reading “7 days to go” in English, and “The gate to the world of chaos has opened” in Japanese.

Stay tuned.
Please be excited.

Loona

I wonder what's left for the series to do, considering the crossover with Sega Hard Girls... Getting Segata Sanshiro seems beyond their budget, but who knows, maybe Segagaga...

Loona

They need to do a 2D fighter already.

Call it Yggdradimension Neptunia Fencers or something.

Can they handle that level of intricacy in a fighting game? I don't follow the Neptune series that closely, but aren't most games turn-based RPGs with a couple of action title spin-offs?

The idea of a fighting game featuring mascots for consoles (ex.: Sega Hard Girls or Segata Sanshiro, G-Mantle, whomever odes't have an official mascot but has a counterpart in the Neptune games) and developers (ex.: Captain Commando) could be neat though, if quite a mess regarding rights...

Interesting to see both Neptunia and Fairy Fencer F. Maybe one of the next characters will be from Trillion. Can't wait to see what it will turn out to be.

Can they handle that level of intricacy in a fighting game? I don't follow the Neptune series that closely, but aren't most games turn-based RPGs with a couple of action title spin-offs?

Compile Heart has worked with other developers (STING, Tamsoft). It wouldn't be a stretch to get a dedicated 2D fighter dev for their next spin-off.

Oh man I would love a Neptunia fighter (Well CH in general is ok too I guess) please be that!

If they are having a seven day countdown, I'd assume that means seven different franchises are playable, if they even have that much. I usually only play Neptunia games (so far) so I don'tknow much else. Or the game itself could only have seven characters which if its highquality is ok too since they are a niche company.

jonno394

maybe these silhouettes are a red herring, and they're just working through silhouettes of their existing titles/past franchises until BAM, new characters on screen in front of you at the end of the countdown.

Loona

Hrmm, I actually enjoyed Cross Edge. Wouldn't mind another game in it's style.

Amen - the combos in it flowed nicely and the battle music was cool.

The crafting and story events for the real ending got a bit convoluted though, not to mention the current tendency of crossovers trying to push their original character really hard before or instead of playing to the guest characters' strengths.

Tohsaka

I wonder if this will be an RPG, or a fighter or what. I didn't like Cross Edge much but they've improved a ton since then so I'll look forward to whatever it is.

SephLuis

I wonder if this will be an RPG, or a fighter or what. I didn't like Cross Edge much but they've improved a ton since then so I'll look forward to whatever it is.

This.

I just hope that, if it's a fighter, 1x1 format. A lot of those crossovers tend to be 2x2 or 1x1 with assists.

Welp that basically killed any interest I had in this. So many better ways they could have gone with a crossover and they choose a f2p. A card game wouldn't have even been that terrible.....but f2p.

Top Bottom