• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed : Fifa 14 will be free with all xbox one pre orders (Europe only)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mediamarkt use to offer amazing deals, really cheap ones, so it's not a surprise here. obviously it's a hell of a deal now that FIFA 14 is going to be included.

Mediamarkt can afford this, because they are large chain. Probably this will not be only X1 launch day bundle, same will go with PS4.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Why are people responding "MS is in desperate need of European pre-orders"? I thought it was already mentioned (by MS) that this was mainly offered as a concession to those who pre-ordered or were pre-ordering the console, but were part of most of the European countries that disappointingly wouldn't have their consoles launch until next year? The short-term memory of some of you...

do you seriously think MS is offering this deal out of the kindness of their hearts?

BigJoeGrizzly

Neo Member
oI3wUem.png

This holiday aka not a lot of Europe.

This sort of promotion is also being offered to European countries in the later launch windows. Read Microsoft's initial statement when they first announced their launch plans, and the concessions they would make to those countries that would have their launch delayed until 2014. I'm sure including such a popular game like FIFA to the European market for free with each pre-order will result in increased pre-orders, but I think it was mainly done in order to not lose their fanbase in those regions based on the disappointing launch news.

BigJoeGrizzly

Neo Member
do you seriously think MS is offering this deal out of the kindness of their hearts?

No, they're doing it because they know they've disappointed the fanbase in those parts of the world that are having their launch delayed into 2014. Its something they don't HAVE to do, but are doing it as a goodwill gesture to try to maintain a fruitful presence in those regions.

Yea wtf haha

I know it might be crazy to hear, but some people are actually interested in Kinect and the X1 exclusives. It's a lot closer in price to the point where it's much harder to decide, because to most people the question will be whether Kinect is worth the 40 euro's more. I think many people will think that's a good deal, but we'll see.

If someone wanted to get the PS4 Eye to play Playroom (and is a bit more apples to apples as you get console, controller, headset and camera -- but yes, I do realize the Eye is completely optional), then the X1 actually becomes cheaper.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
No, they're doing it because they know they've disappointed the fanbase in those parts of the world that are having their launch delayed into 2014. Its something they don't HAVE to do, but are doing it as a goodwill gesture to try to maintain a fruitful presence in those regions.

Haha, goodwill gesture! Yeah, that's a term made up my managers and directors as a synonym for "giving practically free stuff away in hope that will make the customer forget all the crap we have been force-feeding him".

RedAssedApe

Banned

It was done to be more competitive in pricing. i.e. to try and get people to switch their pre-orders, get more preorders for those who hadn't decided yet, and at the same time to try and hold on to any pre-orders in the tier 2 countries who would have the option of getting a PS4 in 2013. The narrative since E3 has been "PS4 is more powerful and cheaper". This is one of their attempts to change that and gain more parity in perceived value.

Goodwill gesture is just spin. Doubtful MS would have done this if preorder numbers were 1:1 or better than Sony.

This sort of promotion is also being offered to European countries in the later launch windows. Read Microsoft's initial statement when they first announced their launch plans, and the concessions they would make to those countries that would have their launch delayed until 2014. I'm sure including such a popular game like FIFA to the European market for free with each pre-order will result in increased pre-orders, but I think it was mainly done in order to not lose their fanbase in those regions based on the disappointing launch news.

It says "while stock lasts". Unless they buy more copies from EA it probably won't be Fifa.

They're doing it to up the preorders and to get more attention from potential buyers, nothing more. MS didn't give away millions of dollars out of goodwill.

This is a very strategic move that is both pro-consumer and beneficial to the Xbox One brand.

It's adds value to the product, decreases perceived cost of Kinect (from $100 to $40), acts as reputation management in the form of a "good will gesture", strongly associates Xbox brand with the big bundled titles (FIFA, COD, etc), and solidifies existing pre-order decisions.

And all of that will result in some more pre-orders.

The "negative" is that it must have cost Microsoft a crazy boatload of money.

So price-wise in Australia it's actually advantageous. Also it looks as if day one preorders are still open for the XBOne. It says wait until 2014 for the PS4.

Footos22

I preordered from Very.co.uk
They still have day one editions with Forza download.
If you preordered before 24th august you get Fifa and after that date you get Forza.

I preordered ps4 from there ages ago for £318

Dunno which one i want still.

Games I want on both, Swaying towards PS4 though just because I haven't got to pay up extra for xbox live again as still have 9 months of PS+ left. But dead rising 3 is calling me.

brosephimjoseph

Neo Member
The Xbox One is actually better value than the PS4 in Australia and New Zealand due to the extra bundle and the Kinect coming with the Xbox and no bundles being available over here for the PS4.

-Stranger-

So price-wise in Australia it's actually advantageous. Also it looks as if day one preorders are still open for the XBOne. It says wait until 2014 for the PS4.

Yeah it's good value for us Aussies, especially if you were going to buy FIFA anyway.
I knew the PS4 was popular here but i didn't realize there was that long of a wait

I'm preordering an Xbox One + free FIFA 14 & a copy of Battlefield 4 tomorrow.
I'll probably pick up Forza 5 at launch as well. I'll be busy with those all summer!

Top Bottom