• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker available for use in Project Spark

TomShoe

Banned
That was disappointing. Anything Microsoft Studios could make would be better than what people could make in Project Spark.

MarkusRJR

Yeah that was the worst part of the conference. Actively telling a specific part of the audience "fuck you" and that we'll never be seeing any of Rare's IPs that they're holding hostage.

KissVibes

Banned
Conker sucks so yeah, it is a pretty big fuck you to people.

Yeah that was the worst part of the conference. Actively telling a specific part of the audience "fuck you" and that we'll never be seeing any of Rare's IPs that they're holding hostage.

Never be seeing any of their IPs? Holding them hostage?

YOU JUST SAW THEM USE A RARE IP. THE WORST RARE IP EVEN.

Banjo Nuts and Bolts was a fantastic game. Sold like shit. Maybe more people should've purchased it.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I am amazed that so many of you feel so passionately about freaking Conker. How do you feel about Gex and Bubsy?

Bizazedo

Wow, the reactions in this thread.

At least you're getting him somewhere. People who think they're owed him are something else.

Filaipus

Banned
I was kind of disappointed (and I love project spark) but.. Maybe now with all the reactions they will start working on it?

MarkusRJR

I am amazed that so many of you feel so passionately about freaking Conker. How do you feel about Gex and Bubsy?
Conker is a parody of those games. It was incredibly impressive when it first came out on the N64. It's a really good platform game, up there with Banjo and Mario 64.

On one hand, I want to show support for this in hopes of an actual Conker game in the future. On the other hand, Project Spark doesn't look like a whole lot of fun to play (outside of the creation aspects).

Ugh I'm tired of terrible comments but this is literally the worst one. How do you find a game where you create your own goddamn games to not be fun? That's like saying Steam games aren't fun what does that even mean?

Lionheart

I got out of my seat when Conker stayed on screen, looked like an amazing lead in to a new trailer.

Then I sat back down.
True, I felt like Conker was gonna be like 'F*ck this game, my turn' by cutting the logo, but then he was actually part of that game... They should have done it differently to not kick their fan base in the nuts imo.

xandaca

To be honest, I suspect most fans could make a better Conker game than Rare or Microsoft at this point anyway.

Spineker

Banned
The Conker games aren't even that good

gtfo-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2726.gif

LNBL

Spencer just said "A fan on twitter told me to release the assets of Conker for players to create with in Project Spark, that's where got the idea"

Flintty

Phil Spencer just said (on the post show) they gave the Conker assets to Project Spark because someone asked for it on Twitter. Fair enough.

Lets all ask him for a proper Conker game ;)

Edit: Beaten by nanoseconds :p

Phil just said in the post-conference that the idea came from a random on Twitter, who said to him "Why not let people use "old IP" (Phil's words) from existing games?" and he made it happen.

Hmm.

Popnbake

I was kind of disappointed (and I love project spark) but.. Maybe now with all the reactions they will start working on it?

From Phil's recent remarks about bringing the game to Spark so the fans can create the Conker they want, I doubt it.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Was totally ready for Conker to hijack that (lame) trailer. Nope.

RK128

....OKAY, so instead of making another Conker game (like many of us asked for DECADES at this point X() you just plop him into your LBP-esc creative like like he's nothing....wonderful job Microsoft, all that money you spent to own Rare is really being rewared now huh?

...Whatever, anything related to Rare at this point is just made to disapoint us, so at least (from the looks of the announcements; didn't see Microsofts conference yet) their show was very solid looking :D; getting remasters of the Halo games and Phantom Dust, trailers of AC Unity/Cod: AW/Tomb Raider and even getting a X1-exclusive Platnum game (DMC x Monster Hunter....how can that NOT sell man :D).

You gotta be kidding with this shit. How could they think showing Conker saying "Fuck you, make your own damn Conker game" would be received well? Who is going to be hyped about a Conker Model in a LBP-style game creator?

Sanke__

That was seriously a kick directly in the nuts.

One of the worst things I can ever remember seeing at an e3 press conference

Granted conkers bad fur day is easily in my top 5 games of all time

My heart stopped
I saw all my dreams come true
Conker showing up after a game that I have no interest in and simply don't understand
Then in the blink of an eye my hopes and dreams were snatched away from me

Seriously
Fuck you for that one Microsoft

Edit: the idea coming from twitter is not a reasonable defense
The idea is perfectly fine and acceptable
That TRAILER was fucked up

Top Bottom