• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conker available for use in Project Spark

"A slap in the face"... now I've seen it all, lol.

Heck, obviously I was extremely happy seeing Conker, then saw 10 seconds later that it was a Project Spark cameo and was a little bit sad. But come on people, a slap in the face? Geez.

Hell, buy the skin pack, play the worlds people create with Conker, I bet people will come up with some awesome stuff. MS will get the message, and I'm sure they are seeing so many people upset right now and might get the hint that a proper game is in order, but saying it's a slap in the face is pretty hyperbolic.

njr

I got to be honest, I didn't care about Project Spark at all, and Conker's addition completely surprised me. Then I remembered that it was Project Spark and there would never be another Conker game of its kind, that hurt.

Its actually really clever - and something LBP could never really duplicate because the characters would always be sackboys just cosplaying.

Imagine having Crash or Banjo characters in the game.

Salty Hippo

"A sap in the face"... now I've seen it all, lol.

Heck, obviously I was extremely happy seeing Conker, then saw 10 seconds later that it was a Project Spark cameo and was a little bit sad. But come on people, a slap in the face? Geez.

Hell, buy the skin pack, play the worlds people create with Conker, I bet people will come up with some awesome stuff. MS will get the message, and I'm sure they are seeing so many people upset right now and might get the hint that a proper game is in order, but saying it's a slap in the face is pretty hyperbolic.

I don't buy that mentality. They have seen people upset about Rare for nearly a decade now. They've showed time and time again that they don't give a shit.

Kinsei

Banned
"A sap in the face"... now I've seen it all, lol.

I don't think this is a hint at a future Conker game, I think Microsoft is just that clueless.

Yes, it is a huge slap in the face to have Conker show up at E3 when it just turns out that he's just a skin in a creation game. They even told us to fuck off and go make our own Conker game. Even if it wasn't their intention, that's exactly how it came off as.

kadotsu

Banned
Yeah they'll totally make another Conker game. Right after Banjo Threei, Blast Corps 2 and Kameo 2. They'll also invest heavily in unicorn farms.

I don't think this is a hint at a future Conker game, I think Microsoft is just that clueless.

Yes, it is a huge slap in the face to have Conker show up at E3 when it just turns out that he's just a skin in a creation game. They even told us to fuck off and go make our own Conker game. Even if it wasn't their intention, that's exactly how it came off as.

So clueless that they revived Killer Instinct and just announced a reboot of a game that most people never even heard of due to fan feedback, in Phantom Dust. Come on, let's see what happens. There's a new man at the helm, he is listening to feedback. Phantom Dust is a result of fan feedback on twitter and forums to reboot the game. If people can't see that then I don't know what to say really.

Listen, I get it, I'm bummed out to, but I just think they will reboot it in the future. Maybe it's me being optimistic, but I see this as a little way to test the waters a bit.

"Firing the trigger"

Lol long day, dude?

Been awake 23 hours and drove 6 hours within that period, good night my man I will go on a media blackout tomorrow untill I watch this dam ps conference

Good night and god bless GAF! 5 hours and work commences for me again then ps and Nintendo streams :)

How isn't it a slap in the face? We've been begging for a new Conker for a decade and they pull this.

I was on cloud 9 when I saw Conker walk out and it brought my whole day down.

^ It's true. He was salty in our Steam chat group all day because of the Conker thing.

I don't have any nostalgia for Conker, but even I thought it was a pretty low blow. Gamers have been asking for more Conker for years. So what do you do? You have him make an appearance at E3 to let you know that you can copy/paste him in Spark? Ice cold.

klodeckel

Banned
I think it is a nice idea to be honest, in fact the idea came from a fan on Twitter :)

There is a fair chance we will see a proper Conker title this generation in my opinion. At least this shows that they have not completely forgotten about Conker.

They are rebooting Crackdown and hell ... Even Phantom Dust ... With Phil on board, just give it some time, give him feedback. Honestly ... Just give him some time.

Ansatz

So clueless that they revived Killer Instinct

That's because the game matches the Xbox userbase with its gritty and realistic look, a colorful mascot game does not.

Compare TJ Combo with Little Mac. The second type of presentation doesn't fly with western dudebros. A new Conker would probably look like that Beyond Good and Evil 2 prototype, lifeless junk.

When I crave Rare IPs, Killer Instict is missing the point, but MS knows that. Kameo was the last game that captures the Rare spirit.

Sydle

This was one of the biggest surprises for me. Glad to see Conker back!

Also, never thought I'd see a conversation between Chris Seavor and Phil Spencer. Pretty cool.

Wasn't it Mattrick that appointed Scott Henson as the studio manager, the man who made Rare all about Kinect and said they wouldn't be working on old IP any more? Fuck them both.

I wonder if Seavor would take on another Conker if Spencer offered it to him. I'd rather see Rare work on Banjo and Viva Pinata.

That's because the game matches the Xbox userbase with its gritty and realistic look, a colorful mascot game does not.

Compare TJ Combo with Little Mac. The second type of presentation doesn't fly with western dudebros. A new Conker would probably look like that Beyond Good and Evil 2 prototype, lifeless junk.

When I crave Rare IPs, Killer Instict is missing the point, but MS knows that. Kameo was the last game that captures the Rare spirit.

What in the world...how did you forget about Nuts & Bolts and Viva Pinata? Those are both excellent Rare games.

klodeckel

Banned
I do not want to read too much into this, but - to say it in his own words - "but hey, it's a start":

nM3kzlF.png

kEjnrLM.png

sCoLan1.png

In the end, maybe this small Conker appearance will be worth more than anyone would think ...

The trend continues: Phil as the #Xboss seems to be the best that could have ever happened at Xbox.

No Avatar quote pls. :D

Sydle

I do not want to read too much into this, but - to say it in his own words - "but hey, it's a start":

In the end, maybe this small Conker appearance will be worth more than anyone would think ...

The trend continues: Phil as the #Xboss seems to be the best that could have ever happened at Xbox.

No Avatar quote pls. :D

They could start by putting Conker: Live & Reloaded HD with multiplayer on Xbox One as a $15 title. Should put that as a request in Xbox Feedback as an idea for Microsoft/Rare to begin to right the wrong.

Silky

Banned
You guys will be alright. The good news is that Chris isn't COMPLETELY abrasive against the MS brand/Xbox in general.

That Project Spark shit hurt, yeah, but at least I can get over it

Seriously. I saw Conker appear in the Project Spark trailer, and DIRECTLY ADDRESS the fact that he hasn't been in a game in 10 years. Then he just leaves it up to players in Project Spark to make him. That felt like a slap in the face

I felt the EXACT same way.

Wubbys

I was watching the conference in the living room and when conker sawed that project spark logo in half I jumped off the couch and started yelling yes!! Totally out of character for me and my family looked at me weird like what is wrong with you? Before I could explain to them how amazing this was I saw what came next and just hung my head in defeat. Can't believe it. Project spark of all damn things.

MaulerX

Is Project Spark actually any good at making decent games? I mean, is it possible for Rare (or whoever) to actually make a halfway decent Conker game using Project Spark?

As a huge Banjo fan, I'd be absolutely destroyed if they that tease was for Banjo and not Conker.
I love Project Spark, but I totally understand some of the sadness.
Hopefully this is just another reminder to Microsoft of the demand for Rare's old IP.

As a huge Banjo fan, I'd be absolutely destroyed if they that tease was for Banjo and not Conker.
Hopefully this is just another reminder to Microsoft of the demand for Rare's old IP.

Banjo will be DLC!!1

Kinsei

Banned

That will be their Gamescom announcement.

rob305

It wouldve been soooo good if they wouldve trolled us like this and then still announce it at the end. Emotional rollercoaster all the way. Instead, they just crushed our feelings :(

Top Bottom