• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conservative group dresses in diapers to mock college safe spaces

mantidor

Safe spaces in college is such an absurd, bizarre idea. This manages to be even more absurd and bizarre.

This country of yours is doomed, isn't it?

bionic77

I am not sure if it was Obama, the Internet or something else altogether but a lot of white men have completely lost it in the last year.

Safe spaces in college is such an absurd, bizarre idea. This manages to be even more absurd and bizarre.

The notion of safe spaces in colleges is mostly a concept spouted by conservative media to demonize higher education. It's taken a very tiny number of incidents and made a major talking point out of it

jstripes

Banned

The irony here is a large part of the point of college safe spaces is to avoid disruptive, self-absorbed manchildren like this who get off on offending people. Way to demonstrate why they're needed, boys.

The notion of safe spaces in colleges is mostly a concept spouted by conservative media to demonize higher education. It's taken a very tiny number of incidents and made a major talking point out of it

When I was in college a decade ago there were rooms all over campus with safe space signs. They literally weren't an issue until Fox News noticed them.

Mael

This seems like a pretty classic example of what happens when people make decisions in an echo chamber. If they had either talked to or listened to anyone else about this idea, they would have realized that it was a stupid thing to do; but they clearly did not: they thought it up amongst themselves and congratulated each other on how brilliant it was. If anyone from outside of their circle encouraged them to do it they were either trolling them or equally blind to other opinions and perspectives.

TI82

Banned
I'll say this I've never seen a safe space sign in the three different Universities I've been to in my college career. Doesn't mean they don't exist but it's not a widespread thing. But even if it was, who do they think they are to attack people that would want such a thing? The alt right are downright vile people and I can't blame some for wanting a break from those kind of garbage people.

jstripes

Banned
I'll say this I've never seen a safe space sign in the three different Universities I've been to in my college career. Doesn't mean they don't exist but it's not a widespread thing. But even if it was, who do they think they are to attack people that would want such a thing? The alt right are downright vile people and I can't blame some for wanting a break from those kind of garbage people.

The first college I went to was an art school, and it didn't need safe space signs, because if you go to art school and bring toxic ideas with you, you're gonna have a bad time.

TI82

Banned
The first college I went to was an art school, and it didn't need safe space signs, because if you go to art school and bring toxic ideas with you, you're gonna have a bad time.

Ha, that's true. Here it seems mostly left leaning people but you just never know which one is a secret hateful alt right shitter

A pitfall of projecting your fears and insecurities onto others is that in order to keep convincing yourself they are the ones doing what you do, you must continually escalate your rhetoric until you become a ridiculous parody of yourself.

How long is it until we get Conservatives who literally start fucking donkeys because "Oh, Dems' mascot's a donkey, let's make it look like we, Republicans, are makin' Democrats out bitches!!!"?

Surfinn

”There are young conservatives out there, and there have been for decades. But I just feel they haven't been plugged in correctly. They haven't been cultivated, they haven't been properly equipped or trained," Kirk said.

And their edgy tactics are taking the world by storm..

Oh..

Wait this is like three white guys equipped with diapers and coloring books?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

I graduated recently myself at one of the largest (in terms of students) universities in Cali, and over the course of roughly 3 years, I literally saw only two instances of safe spaces, both of which were of two random professor offices. And from what I understand, the only purpose these particular safe spaces served was that students who felt like they were abused or harassed could come in and not have to deal with that kind of shit. THAT'S ALL.

I don't even know what purpose safe spaces as imagined by conservative whackjobs would be fulfilling exactly.

My favorite thing is conservatives and the alt-right harping on safe spaces and snowflakes and then you look at this. Here is a conservative group literally creating a safe space in order to play out their fetishes in a playpen on campus. You have that crazy female Glenn Beck who got fired for saying how she is pro-choice because removing choice goes against the concept of conservatism because its the government making the choice for you (coincidentally her and Beck hosted a snowflakes award), you have Spencer and his whole thing last night where the folks were getting upset because protesters invaded their racist safe space, and the list goes on.

louiedog

I remember when the College Republicans at my school all celebrated Robert E. Lee's birthday instead of MLK Jr. Day. You know, because that would show the liberals (that their group is just as racists as believed)!

There were plenty of conservative leaning folks at my school, but only the extreme ones joined up with them. They were truly awful people.

TI82

Banned
I don't even know what purpose safe spaces as imagined by conservative whackjobs would be fulfilling exactly.

It's so "weak liberals" won't be offended by the " euphorically life changing" speeches from Ben shapiro and James O'Keefe "documentaries".

These pictures look like the stuff genuine infantilists would do, funnily enough.

There is zero chance that this idea wasn't devised by a person with an Adult Baby fetish.
Seriously lol, this looks more left than right. Kinda missed the point if they're trying to protest :D

Surfinn

FB_IMG_1508524020260.jpg

tfw your narrative got away from you so hard you have to issue a statement to remind people to take you seriously.

If words offend you, you're "acting like a child"

Say the grown fucking adults wearing diapers, sucking on pacifiers and coloring in kids books on a college campus

Kthulhu

I don't think this is gonna go the way they want it to.

I mean, take the pictures out of context and... well, they're the one that look weird as fuck.

They look weird in context too. This is the dumbest form of protest he could possibly decide on.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
FB_IMG_1508524020260.jpg

tfw your narrative got away from you so hard you have to issue a statement to remind people to take you seriously.

Where did this come from? Between the stretched banner and the pixelated text it is making my brain hurt (not to mention the content of that shit).

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
and just think, whenever future employers google their names, these pictures are going to come up.

Zemm

It's probably the same in the US as it is in the UK but young conservatives are the weirdest bunch of people around. Usually terrible people too.

Top Bottom