• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conservatives defend Mike Pence not interacting with women cause they might have sex

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericexpo

I enjoy the idea that no man or woman can resist the raw sexuality of each other when they are alone together like if Brazzers was true stories.
I mean we're in a elevator time to fuck

ZOONAMI

Please Pence, no one wants your darth sidious dick.

I'm sure he didn't have sex with his wife until they were married.

Does he really think he's even capable of sex out of wedlock?

They literally probably only bone for procreation. So he's had sex 3 times.

To me this is just a backhanded way of saying women who aren't fundamentalist christians like his wife scare him because they could theoretically have sex with someone of their choice at pretty much any time without weird christian rules all around it. Oh the humanity Mike, we aren't all so repressed.

I go out to lunch with female coworkers all the time, but I wouldn't make a habit of going out to dinner with just one of them. Not a matter of her trust, but perception. If a colleague/friend saw me and another woman out at dinner alone, it might not give the best impression. I've had that happen to other friends before.

MUnited83

For you.
mtvsex1.jpg

aeolist

Banned
this would be such a non-issue if not for the fact that judging other people's relationships is mike pence's favorite activity

Not interacting with the opposite sex is dumb. But I'm not going to pretend that there aren't situations I don't put myself in out of respect to my marriage. But this is waaaaaaay past that to the point of being ridiculous.

If you don't wanna go out late night drinking with a homegirl that's understandable. My wife and my party days are over with a toddler running interference, lol. But not on some "If I have a single sip I might end up doggy style with the waitress"

this would be such a non-issue if not for the fact that judging other people's relationships is mike pence's favorite activity

God damn, lmao........

jdstorm

Banned
Honestly as stupid as it sounds (and many arguements defending it) Pence's no solo female interaction rule is somewhat understandable. (That felt gross to say)

Trying to entrap and blackmail a powerful person with a someone they are attracted to is espionage 101 in tv and films. I would imagine a person who is VP of the United States would probably get flirted with/propositioned quite often by those looking to harness that power towards their own ends. Having a blanket rule seemingly takes that scenario off the table so to speak.

So would he be afraid to talk and have dinner with just his mother because she might have sex with him? I mean, is that the kind of insane logic that is going on here?

yLEFTy

There's nothing absurd about it. He's the vice president, the idea that he can just skip having dinners with women is ridiculous. And who the hell is going to start rumors that he's cheating on his wife when Donald Trump is the president? Pence would just have to do everything by the book and he would be fine.
Meetings can take place at other locations not associated with dates. This is out of respect for his wife. Out of all the things going on in the world, this getting any attention at all is bizarre.

This is not uncommon at all. I know plenty of women who would blow up at the thought of their husband having dinner alone with another woman.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Honestly as stupid as it sounds (and many arguements defending it) Pence's no solo female interaction rule is somewhat understandable. (That felt gross to say)

Trying to entrap and blackmail a powerful person with a someone they are attracted to is espionage 101 in tv and films. I would imagine a person who is VP of the United States would probably get flirted with/propositioned quite often by those looking to harness that power towards their own ends. Having a blanket rule seemingly takes that scenario off the table so to speak.

Why couldn't a man blackmail him by claiming Pence came on to him?

This is basically saying the only reason to have a meal with someone of the opposite sex is to get sex and I suppose to go further the only reason to associate with anyone of the opposite sex is to sleep with them.

Not interacting with the opposite sex is dumb. But I'm not going to pretend that there aren't situations I don't put myself in out of respect to my marriage. But this is waaaaaaay past that to the point of being ridiculous.

If you don't wanna go out late night drinking with a homegirl that's understandable. My wife and my party days are over with a toddler running interference, lol. But not on some "If I have a single sip I might end up doggy style with the waitress"

God damn, lmao........

Yeah, I don't mean to imply there are certain things you can't do or choose not to (go out at night drinking, go to a movie, etc) but especially business things and lite interactions like a meal and one offs and what not are so far removed from that unless you're a raging sexaolic with no self control

Peltz

I share an office with a woman. It's just us two alone in a room for 10 hours a day.

My strategy for not having sex with her is much more simple: I just don't have sex with her. It sounds crazy, but it works. And it allows us to have a normal work environment despite both being of the opposite gender.

ZOONAMI

Meetings can take place at other locations not associated with dates. This is out of respect for his wife. Out of all the things going on in the world, this getting any attention at all is bizarre.

Is having a business lunch with a female a date? Even a business dinner?

No.

If he can't handle eating food while having a meeting I doubt he would have a private 1:1 meeting with a woman, at all. Has to have his mother (what he calls his wife) there, or someone else in the room. It's extremely demeaning to the other party.

It speaks to either have a complete lack of self control, or he feels that all women suffer from a complete lack of self control and all they want to do with him is fuck him.

It makes 0 sense.

jdstorm

Banned
Why couldn't a man blackmail him by claiming Pence came on to him?

There is no reason they couldn't, and i deliberately used non gender specific language when describing the situation. However given Pence's publicly stated sexual preference that situation seems significantly less likely then one involving a woman.

How fucking paranoid do you have to be?

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I share an office with a woman. It's just us two alone in a room for 10 hours a day.

My strategy for not having sex with her is much more simple: I just don't have sex with her. It sounds crazy, but it works. And it allows us to have a normal work environment despite both being of the opposite gender.

But what if she decided to come into the office naked one day? I've heard this is a thing women do sometimes.

Whenever I so much as glance at a woman after 5PM, instant sex. It's tough.

Before 5PM? Sexual harassment claims. Men are truly the persecuted gender.

FZZ

Banned
Maybe it's less thinking always interacting with women will always be sexual and more don't trust these hoes

🤔

But I don't think Pence knows

Other people known for this kind of behavior are opus dei members, as if being part of a radical religious group had something to do with it.

Like this is weird, is every interaction with a women/man a problem for these people. Can they not suppress their sex drive and interact with people, as you know, people?

It's super weird to me too, but look into any dating thread here at GAF, and you'll see similar posts. IE, guys can't possibly be platonic friends with women. Friends of the opposite sex are just failed relationships, etc. It's oddly not that uncommon.

Very bizarre.

slightly off topic, but this dude, Mike pence, who literally can't be in a women alone just cast a tie breaking vote to allow states to defund planed parenthood...

Is having lunch with a business lunch with a female a date?

No.

It speaks to either have a complete lack of self control, or he feels that all women suffer from a complete lack of self control and all they want to do with him is fuck him.

It makes 0 sense.

I think that's a gross oversimplification and Pence is getting a lot of unfair hatred because he's part of the Trump administration rather than having the situation judged on its merits. I know of a person who went on a business trip with a person of the opposite gender and they had to get separate rooms because of the fact. If they had shared the same room but slept in separate beds would that have been appropriate even though it was purely business and non sexual? People have their own boundaries and if Pence doesn't want to put himself in a position where he is having dinner with a female associate on his own then he should be allowed to.

ZOONAMI

I think that's a gross oversimplification and Pence is getting a lot of unfair hatred because he's part of the Trump administration. I know of a person who went on a business trip with a person of the opposite gender and they had to get separate rooms because of the fact. If they had shared the same room but slept in separate beds would that have been appropriate even though it was purely business and non sexual? People have their own boundaries and if Pence doesn't want to put himself in a position where he is having dinner with a female associate on his own then he should be allowed to.

Lol, sharing a fucking room and having a 1:1 meeting are not at all the same thing.

Yes on a business trip you would not share the same room with a female colleague, for privacy reasons, not a potential concern about having sex.

So the shared small office that my married female co-worker and I work in is just wrong and I should request a separate space cause of possible uncontrollable sexual urges that I don't have?

Sounds like he doesn't want to be tempted to cheat on his wife.

ZOONAMI

So the shared small office that my married female co-worker and I work in is just wrong and I should request a separate space cause of possible uncontrollable sexual urges that I don't have?

Yes. Go to your HR department and tell them the Vice President can't handle being alone with women and neither can you! You need your own office!

When it's expected that professionals be treated like professionals regardless of their sex, of course something like this is going to get attention.

It's the weirdest thing. I was alone with an attractive woman and she actually did come on to me. My wife was at home.

Not only was I able to not have sex with that woman but it wasn't even difficult!

I get that we're all animals, but the easiest way to not cheat on your spouse is to just not cheat on your spouse. If someone is that willing to give into any temptation that they can't even have dinner with someone they might be attracted to, then maybe they shouldn't be in a monogamous relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom