• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console owners - Have you been convinced to buy an Xbox One X ?

Ducktail

I own a lot of ps4 tittles and Sony hasn't convinced me to buy a Pro either.

I have no 4k television and no desire whatsoever to play xbox titles. It's just not for me.

ReBurn

Gold Member
No more convinced than with the PS4 Pro. But if I were to buy one of these mid-gen refreshed consoles it makes sense to buy the one that's more powerful.

Kureransu

Yeah spend $500 on a graphics card instead. Makes sense....

This comment is funny, because as condescending as it sounds, it actually does makes sense if you've a PC that you currently game on.

The 500 dollar GFX card will give you at minimum XBoneX graphical parity, if not better (especially if you wait 4-6 mo. for next year models). On top of that it will give you the entire XbOne Library, the PC library, and what looks to be shaping up to be 80%-90% of the PS4 exclusives as well.

Going PC this gen will probably leave you with about 2-5 titles a year you won't have access to (not counting Nintendo), where as going only Sony or only MS, will cause you to miss A LOT more.

mas8705

Ironically enough, Sony actually did a good job on convincing me to get an Xbox One X the moment Monster Hunter World was revealed and confirmed to be multiplatform. Not to say that Microsoft's conference didn't win me over, but there wasn't many games that told me that I needed to upgrade to fully experience it.

Mind you that will I be getting an Xbox One X at launch? Probably not. I don't have a 4K TV yet, and even if it does perform well without a higher display, I can't find myself making the investment into the system quite yet. Perhaps in the future if something were to happen and convince me otherwise, but for now, I will say that I'm "Interested" but not buying.

GeoramA

Not on my radar at all. I'm good with my Pro.

Next hardware I'm buying is a PSVR. And after that, maybe a Switch if more interesting games get announced.

LordOfChaos

No. Most powerful console is cool and all, but without killer exclusives for it it's not another 500 (690 after tax in Canuckistan) purchase.

It's not the same situation as the PS4/XBO launch. It's over a year later, more expensive, and with a smaller install base that your friends may fall into.

I only bought a PS4 when Bloodborne came out and don't intend to drop money on a new console any time soon, so this thing isn't even close to being on my radar.

Fury451

Banned
It definitely seems like a pretty great machine, but with integration into windows I don't see the point of it honestly. My PC is not that great now, but when I upgrade I'm going to just play the games that are on offer as exclusives there.

Plus there's nothing game exclusive wise that really interest me enough to pick one up, I've grown tired of the staple franchises, and right now I'm just not seeing anything on the immediate horizon that would sell one for me.

newbong95

Microsoft isn't doing anything to stand out from the familier . Only providing a box that does the same thing better wont be breakout success . Microsoft knows this and they already said that they hope sell more S than X . Microsoft is in unique position platform wise . Their software is not bound by the hardware anymore . So here is my 2cents what Microsoft could do to surprise everyone and bring out a product that has much more mass appeal than their existing mee too ones . The "Xbox one P" - a portable xbox one console . Much like the switch but with the 3rd party support of home consoles . I know that xbox one calibre hardware in mobile formfactor is difficult but say in 2 years with the help of the profiling stuff they did to make existing engines run on xboneX , could'nt they make something like this ? Sony wouldnt do it . But this product from microsoft completes its family of xbox one decices and makes their hardware somewhat interesting to compete against playstation .

Ravi_elite

Banned
I'm sorry but no....until the Xbox one actually has a game I could love, much less actually like...then maybe an upgrade is in order...so far the Xbox one has had shitty games....No Saints Row 1, no Red Faction...I maybe picky but the reality is all the games do suck this generation

No, I haven't.
I've always tended towards Japanese games and consoles, so I guess I'm not a target-user for Microsoft. I tried with the Xbox 360 on the day (had two of them, an Arcade which Red Lighted and an S, which I just sold because it was gathering dust alongside my PS3 :/), and I liked the console, but --aside from Lost Oddyssey, Tales of Vesperia and the Forza games-- it just didn't have the games to compete with my PS3 and the PC I was building back then. And that's been my only experience with Microsoft.

The Xbox One X is interesting to say the least, but I already own a PS4 Pro and a mid/high-end PC where I can play the few One exclusives there are. Why should I buy a Xbox One X?

Sincerely, I have no reason to. And raw power just won't catch my attention.
If Microsoft didn't release their games also on Windows 10 I'd consider buying one to play the Forza games, but I can get them easyly on my PC, even if I have to stick (for now) to a 1080p30fps performance.

With that into account, I'm just no target-user for this console. And I don't think I'll be in the future.

Not on my radar at all. I'm good with my Pro.

Next hardware I'm buying is a PSVR. And after that, maybe a Switch if more interesting games get announced.

That's kind of where I am.

Probably get the switch first though.

I guess the One X is probably third on the shopping list but something done the line will probably jump the queue before I get around to buying one.

Top Bottom