• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console War III: Sony's first jab at Microsoft: "Jump Out", "Yoga Isn't Gaming"

OOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Shots fyi-yad yo!!

05hiphopgamer1.jpg

MS got into consoles because Sony was... and Sony got into consoles for entertainment.

Also... EyeToy and PSEye (including tech demos for 3D tracking with both of those) came before Kinect.

Also, Sony had online before MS (MS just did it better)...

I mean.. =S... I don't know what to say man.

Izick

MS got into consoles because Sony was... and Sony got into consoles for entertainment.

Also... EyeToy and PSEye (including tech demos for 3D tracking with both of those) came before Kinect.

Actually Sony got into consoles because Nintendo left them at the altar.

Taking shots at the competition worked out well for them with PS3vs360, MovevsKinect, and Vitavs3DS. Get your shit together, Sony. Until then just focus on not being fuckups.

ArjanN

*sigh* That odd feeling when you realise you are now older than a company's primary demographic.

sadface.

fake edit: wow I sounded quite condescending there. But seriously; as fun as this is to watch, who is this type of marketing actually appealing to? As far as I can tell it just makes the Sony fans giggle and the XBox fans say "pfffft". It's winning no one over, surely? Or am I just middle aged now?

It just means you're a grown-up now and your childish bullshit detector is working.

Doffen

Xbox was not Microsoft's first product you know.

Mocking the overzealous Xbox 360's "Jump In" Campaign:

Begun the console war has.

(That or maybe Sony wants us to bail out and prepare for disappointment).

Edit: A jab at Kinect (or Wii Fit perhaps?)

Console War III between Sony and Microsoft.

They're right though, yoga isn't fucking gaming. I'm sure as a married man, eventually the last shred of dignity I have will be taken away and I'll be forced to entertain my kids with my own fucking console and I'll be forced to exercise with the wife, and I'll have to watch fucking dora on NFL sunday, but not yet.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I think the Yoga isn't Gaming is targeted towards Wii and WiiFit.

saunderez

They're right though, yoga isn't fucking gaming. I'm sure as a married man, eventually the last shred of dignity I have will be taken away and I'll be forced to entertain my kids with my own fucking console and I'll be forced to exercise with the wife, but not yet.

It is gaming. Like it or not fitness games are a new genre that has found quite a lot of success.

If it were that easy, PS3 and Vita wouldn't have happened.

But yes, I do remember the good ole days when Sony weren't fuckups and taunted with the best of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTi5EaocGaY

My point is taunting and trash talk works if you have good marketing behind it. Hardware was ps3 or vita worse than its predecessors? Game wise was ps3s first party worse than ps2? No.

I understand you trying to be a little snarky with your response but saying ps3 wouldn't have happened is silly. They sold 70+ million consoles...

Edit:

Also I like your posts so don't think I'm trying to be too combative ;-)

My point is taunting and trash talk works if you have good marketing behind it. Hardware was ps3 or vita worse than its predecessors? Game wise was ps3s first party worse than ps2? No.

I understand you trying to be a little snarky with your response but saying ps3 wouldn't have happened is silly. They sold 70+ million consoles...

Edit:

Also I like your posts so don't think I'm trying to be too combative ;-)

I love love love shit-talking commercials/marketing. Genny vs SNES was epic. Sony vs Sega/Nintendo was awesome. I even loved the PS3 Move ad that targeted Kinect (the PEW PEW PEW ad), but in my opinion it only really works when you're in a position of strength. I just think Sony should try to get there first and then start waving their dick around again. This is the equivalent of a football player on a team losing by 50 taunting a guy on the other team. Then the other guy just points at the scoreboard and walks away laughing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ads made me chuckle but let's hope this isn't a sign of Sony getting cocky again like they were leading up to the PS3 reveal and launch.

Subtle

*sigh* That odd feeling when you realise you are now older than a company's primary demographic.

sadface.

fake edit: wow I sounded quite condescending there. But seriously; as fun as this is to watch, who is this type of marketing actually appealing to? As far as I can tell it just makes the Sony fans giggle and the XBox fans say "pfffft". It's winning no one over, surely? Or am I just middle aged now?

Yeah this is pretty shitty marketing. You're not supposed to insult potential buyers Sony!

Top Bottom