• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cooking Mama: Cookstar rated for PS4 and Switch

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Interesting... First time Cooking Mama comes to Sony consoles. :p

The German USK has ratedCooking Mama: Cookstar” for PlayStation 4 and Switch.

A new entry in the Cooking Mama series, which is owned and developed by Japanese company Office Create, has yet to be announced for Japan. The latest console entry was Cooking Mama: Sweet Shop for 3DS in 2014.

While the German rating only reveals the platforms and publisher—Planet Entertainment—Australian Classification also rated the title late last week without noting platforms, but with mention that it is developed First Playable Productions rather than Office Create.

First Playable Productions’ previous console game development work includes Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay for 3DS and DS, Ben 10: Omniverse 2 for 3DS and DS, Style Lab: Jewelry Design for DS, and various other licensed titles.

The Snake

What they should do is re-release Babysitting Mama, and instead of including the stuffed baby controller thing, make it compatible with Death Stranding LE fetus pods.

MagnesG

Banned
I think Ace Attorney will be a multi-platform too later, I mean there's no reason not to. Cooking Mama is already on phones and they are the same.

I wonder how this would play on controllers tough..

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I think Ace Attorney will be a multi-platform too later, I mean there's no reason not to. Cooking Mama is already on phones and they are the same.

I wonder how this would play on controllers tough..

Ace Attorney Trilogy already came out for PS4 early this year:

stranno

The original Gyakuten Saiban trilogy was ported to Windows before Nintendo DS. The first game appeared months before in Windows but the second and the third game appeared more than a year before in Windows than Nintendo DS.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
Veggie Cooking Mama fans will be pleased to see the new game will feature both "Traditional" and "Vegetarian" modes, so "players who do not wish to prepare meals with meat ingredients will be able to cook creative, alternate meatless recipes".

iconmaster

Banned
This is wild. The Cooking Mama game that Office Create banned because it was terrible.

Office Create rejected a wide range of deficiencies affecting the overall feel, quality and content of the game. Yet, despite being contractually obligated to correct the identified deficiencies and resubmit the corrected game for Office Create’s approval, Planet proceeded to release Cooking Mama: Cookstar without addressing all of the rejections and without Office Create’s approval.

Last edited:

Dane

Gonna buy few copies because this game printing has ended (and it was removed from eshop days earlier), because it turns out the developer released without addressing the issues found by the IP owner, Office Create, so it was actually an illegal release.

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
I actually really wanted this game, sucks that now its 100$+ on Ebay

Just buy it direct from the developer for 40.

There are hundreds and hundreds on eBay. It was also sold and amazon and fucking shitty ass lamestop. It isn't rare, its just ebay folks trying to get people to buy at really high prices is all.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Interesting... First time Cooking Mama comes to Sony consoles. :p

The German USK has ratedCooking Mama: Cookstar” for PlayStation 4 and Switch.

A new entry in the Cooking Mama series, which is owned and developed by Japanese company Office Create, has yet to be announced for Japan. The latest console entry was Cooking Mama: Sweet Shop for 3DS in 2014.

While the German rating only reveals the platforms and publisher—Planet Entertainment—Australian Classification also rated the title late last week without noting platforms, but with mention that it is developed First Playable Productions rather than Office Create.

First Playable Productions’ previous console game development work includes Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay for 3DS and DS, Ben 10: Omniverse 2 for 3DS and DS, Style Lab: Jewelry Design for DS, and various other licensed titles.

Let's cook on home console

Top Bottom