• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cow poops in girls face in new Harvest Moon ad

Effect

Probably not the greatest idea.

On topic: How was the last 3DS HM game? Worth grabbing or should I wait for this one?

Same game. Just this is the European release. This has been a long wait too. Even from the gifs though that's a horrible commercial. Who the hell is that even aimed at?

The game is good though. Things unlock to slowly at times I feel but I don't have any complaints. There is a lot of customization when it comes to building up not just the farm but the town itself. You can pretty much build nearly everything in it. How it compares to some of the more recent ones I don't know. The last Harvest Moon I really put a lot of time into was the GameCube game, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life. Which graphically still looks better I feel. Many have said it's one of the better ones though.

Kajiba

ibhAEUeTp6oLT1.gif

Gif'd

Lol that's not even right.

Muku

Man, I clicked just for the thread title and was not let down.

I also thought it'd be for something new... holy shit. Hadn't realized they have yet to get that game.

That gif is like a representation of MS to their gamer clients.

... as for the ad itself, I'm not sure this is a great idea.

Midou

lol.

Ad aside, I really wanted to like this game, but I hate how I have to be afraid to sell even weeds in fear that I may have to wait another year to build a certain building because I didn't have enough of that supply by the end of that season when it stopped growing.

If there was a nice guide with what to aim for each season in order to build your town properly that would be nice. It's also a problem that the waifu I wanted to go for requires like Year 3 and/or a billion friendpoints with some NPC, befriending EVERYONE seems like such a chore, especially when the only way to get good points is by having something they LOVE on a holiday or their birthday.

I really think Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing can learn from each other in a lot of ways, having a more AC style friendship building would have been nice.

Well, honestly my favorite HM is still the first one on SNES. I started to get bored when the game "forces" you to do specific tasks like getting married or get an amount of chickens, i miss the freedom of the first title.

terrisus

Well, honestly my favorite HM is still the first one on SNES. I started to get bored when the game "forces" you to do specific tasks like getting married or get an amount of chickens, i miss the freedom of the first title.

Harvest Moon 64 for me, but, yeah, later ones seem to tend to have too much stuff to do.

spadge

I fell in love with Friends of Mineral Town on GBA, tried others on the GC and DS and didn't enjoy them much. I'll give this one a go because I've heard good things.

Midou

I fell in love with Friends of Mineral Town on GBA, tried others on the GC and DS and didn't enjoy them much. I'll give this one a go because I've heard good things.

Yeah I loved Back to Nature on PS1, which was pretty much the same game as FoTM on GBA. It was the last one I spent like dozens of hours with. It's funny cause A New Beginning starts off with NOTHING to do but pick up bugs and sell them for first few weeks, then when you unlock the town renovation stuff it's almost overwhelming how much there is to do at once and how you unlock certain structures and the materials required. It could have done much better by introducing stuff at a faster pace over a longer period of time.

elhav

Actually it's a pretty good ad. It shows you how much shit you'll get as a farmer, so you are better off playing the game.

But yeah that shit was disgusting lol

Top Bottom