• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 - Gameplay in Free Roam including Black Hole Gun and Abilities

Pretty sure Dave Jones said they increased the power of the weapons to speed up the destruction of the buildings for demo purposes.
Yes he did, it is just that I expect people to call the game a failure as soon as the multiplayer appears because it doesn't look like the demo.

hawk2025

What are you on about? Show me a single open world game that is 60 fps on consoles... I'll wait...

There's a reason for this. Simulating an open world is more taxing on the cpu than in most other genres. What does this simulation consist of? Countless AIs, traffic patterns, constant loading of different textures of a variety of vehicles and building textures, etc. It's impossible to handle all of that convincingly on these weak cpus so they cap the framerate at thirty. Its not an excuse its a fact.

Regarding animations, there is no excuse for having bad animations. But properly conveying weight takes frames- frames that are less available at 30fps. so prioritizing conveying weight over responding to new user inputs makes controls feel unresponsive.

Metal Gear Solid V.

Well, that was easy. Again -- excuses. Snappy controls was not the priority.

Nothing wrong with that, but let's just not pretend otherwise.

Didn't want to make a new thread, but here is his character in the game.

No idea if it is pre-rendered or real time; I suspect prerendered.

DFMGG5mVoAIidhv

Great interview and he talks about Overwatch's Doom Fist.

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/07/20/terry-crews-interview/?format=amp
Nice. It looks fantastic. It's cell shaded but yet very detailed...I suddenly want a fighting game using this graphics style.

JlNX

JlNX

that pic looks nice!

Yep, it's got what the E3 demo was lacking a personality and varied environment in the city, but weirdly the textures and lighting look better including the character model so I don't know if it's a bullshot or maybe the last couple of months really do end up having the most amount of polish.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Black hole gun
Won't you come
And wash away the terrain
Black hole gun
Won't you come
Won't you come (won't you come)

Excited to play this; I bet it'll bring back so many memories!

Dude... I was humming black hole sun while scrolling down after reading the OP title.

Then I got bummed out when I remembered Chris Cornell.

RIP

Ah, the black hole gun.

Which brings fond memories of Turok 3's Personal Singularity Generator.

Which everyone here played, obviously.

KORNdoggy

I REALLY wish these...

Looked as good as this...

The writer for Crackdown 3 is Jon Goff (glyph), not Joe Staten like we had thought:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/07/21/destiny-halo-writer-joins-crackdown-3?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ign%2Fall+%28IGN+All%29

Haven't seen any news come out of the sdcc panel yet.

EDIT: Actually found a new image of the rest of Crackdown 3's city and it looks a lot better than what they have shown so far in terms of design and detail in the world:
For%20Paste%20Crackdown%203%20Vista-thumb-688x386-646658.jpg

It will probably bomb regardless. November is way too packed.

MS should delay to Q1 next year. Even if it pulls incredible reviews, it'll be crushed under Destiny 2, Cod:WW2, Battlefront 2, Shadow of War, and AC:O. A few more months of polish would do it some good too.

So fucking sick of MS sending their AAA titles to die.

MS should delay to Q1 next year. Even if it pulls incredible reviews, it'll be crushed under Destiny 2, Cod:WW2, Battlefront 2, Shadow of War, and AC:O. A few more months of polish would do it some good too.

So fucking sick of MS sending their AAA titles to die.

I actually agree with this.

Also, I know the blame is first and foremost on MS for the state of the game and if it fails to meet expectations at launch. But MS is being very userbase focused atm so now is the time to throw up a stink guys if you don't like what you've been shown thus far and think that this deserves more time in the oven and more polish. Please, don't just sit there and defend something that you ultimately are going to try to force yourself to try to enjoy in this state.

Obviously not everyone feels this way and some will actually enjoy it for what it is. But don't expect a game to succeed on the backs of other consumers because you think there are plenty who will like it if you don't. If something seems off to you for the type of game it's supposed to be and when compared to what expectations have been set then chances are others see the same thing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's ok to complain in order to hopefully give a game a chance to succeed if you think it's on a path to failure. I'd rather that happen and give MS and the devs a bad look in this moment than for the game to launch and bomb and be an even bigger mark on their record and Crackdowns reputation. Which might mean that this would be the last one we would see because I doubt they'd pick it up again if it flops this time.

Bsigg12

As much as it would suck, pushing it to Q1 2018 would be really smart. Find a time not jam packed.

Release a multiplayer beta this fall.

Not sure if posted... But Crackdown showings at Comic Con...

Damn, Microsoft.. WTF is wrong with your marketing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri_nXKaV0mo

Aaron Greenberg and team is sending this game to die with the way they're showing this game. And this happened with so many MS releases.

They seem to show the wrong aspects of ANY game that is not Halo, Gears or Forza. Seems to be intentional!

this happened with Recore, Quantum Break, Scalebound... DAMN.

Yeah, every time they show the game off with people unfamiliar with the game (or unfamiliar with games in general) I keep thinking "What are you doing!?". It's a night and day difference with people on the team that know how the game works. I also think focusing purely on the single player this marketing round is a mistake. It wouldn't have been if there hadn't been so much time in between this showing and the last but that's not the reality.

Somnia

Not sure if posted... But Crackdown showings at Comic Con...

Damn, Microsoft.. WTF is wrong with your marketing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri_nXKaV0mo

Aaron Greenberg and team is sending this game to die with the way they're showing this game. And this happened with so many MS releases.

They seem to show the wrong aspects of ANY game that is not Halo, Gears or Forza. Seems to be intentional!

this happened with Recore, Quantum Break, Scalebound... DAMN.

Phil Spencer commented on this on twitter that he "saw" the footage at SDCC implying he did not like the way it was shown.

I expect the showings for this to change going forward.

He also confirmed MP will be shown at Gamescom.

bryanee

lol oh man that is some bad gameplay footage. The cars riding on each over gave me a chuckle. That second part was painful, they couldnt get some one who could work the second stick?

Phil Spencer commented on this on twitter that he "saw" the footage at SDCC implying he did not like the way it was shown.

I expect the showings for this to change going forward.

He also confirmed MP will be shown at Gamescom.

He doesn't like that people are shown raw gameplay footage of a 10m demo they've been putting out for promo purposes?

Makes me wonder if they will even show raw MP gameplay at Gamescom.

Somnia

He doesn't like that people are shown raw gameplay footage of a 10m demo they've been putting out for promo purposes?

Makes me wonder if they will even show raw MP gameplay at Gamescom.

No game maker or dev would be happy to have their game shown off by someone who clearly doesn't know how to play it or even touched it before. No dev ever would be ok with that. This was footage being used for official PR of the game.

Now if it was video from someone just playing at E3 in the booth, that's different than this.

Top Bottom