• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown for Xbox One (Cloudgine, original director, UE4)

I hate when games do this. Oh, it's a new iteration so we're going back to the original title!

Just call it what it fucking is. Crackdown 3.

~~Hasan~~

man. i am so happy. a crack down.. i needed this in my life as a gamer.

i am really happy i own an xbox one at this point

I'm excited for the confirmation of another Crackdown, but this was a bit disappointing.

Doubt that the majority of the content in the CGI trailer is going to carry over to the game. We won't be destroying the city in that manner, and the same with taking out the gang leaders in that respect.

A bit confused if this is an online-only Crackdown, or if it's just made with the co-op in mind for the campaign. I'm leaning towards the latter being the case.

SeanNoonan

Glad to see it coming back.

Would be interested to see if any of my pals are working on it or if it's a new team.

If its 2016, then the game probably looks pretty rough about now.

It's like, "Hey, if you buy an xbox now for sunset overdrive, forza horizon and masterchief collection, you know there's cool stuff coming down the pipe."

to reiterate: Crackdown!

sangreal

A bit confused if this is an online-only Crackdown, or if it's just made with the co-op in mind for the campaign. I'm leaning towards the latter being the case.

they said the destruction is powered by the clo.. dedicated xbox live servers, so I am pretty sure it is online-only

Hmm, Phil just mentioned on gametrailers that the destruction shown in the game is possible due to the cloud servers. Hopefully this doesn't mean it's one of those 'must be connected online' games.

Edit: With a stick.

Nater

Neo Member
Seems like this is the big cloud-driven physics showcase, going by the video. Wish they'd detailed the player count and scale of the world, though it seems like the message is that you're going to have to go quite a bit further to get at the gang bosses this time around.
was thinking the same thing

Filaipus

Banned
Did you guys notice that the towers were the same as the ones from the build "cloud destruction" video? Maybe that was a prototype to Crackdown 3. Truly amazing.

Bleh at all the cloud talk. I mean, I hope that it comes to being for it allowing such things to take place. But it just sounds like a lot of BS at this point. Something so foundational to the gameplay such as destruction to be reliant on an online connection just sounds wrong and too susceptible to surrounding circumstances in the real world outside of test environments.

But hey, that just means I'll be more impressed if it can be effectively pulled off in the wild.

bede-x

Very excited for this. Hope it's a proper sequel and not just a reworked version of the first one again.

Jarrod38

A new Crackdown.
Zod4mv9.gif

Xenon

Phil just said in an interview that the cloud will allow for the type of destruction they want in this game. Hype! It's been far too long of a period since Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

SPDIF

Phil just said in an interview that the cloud will allow for the type of destruction they want in this game. Hype! It's been far too long of a period since Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

So probably based off this technology then. Spencer did say that the work that went into that demo wasn't for nothing.

shandy706

Phill Spencer just said that the destruction in Crackdown is all cloud powered.

What if you aren't online?

EDIT: beaten

I don't think that was what he said was it?

He said they want to use the power of the cloud/servers as they design the game. They also hope to bring that type of destruction city wide.

At least that's what I gathered. I don't think the destruction was necessarily tied directly to the "designing the game with dedicated servers in mind".

I literally started the stream back up right as they hit that point of discussion.

Mentioned this in the Xbox thread but, was anyone else surprised to see David Jones?

I thought that dude would have been blacklisted or something....

Top Bottom